Dell Latitude 3490 - BitLocker Recovery Key

ppu

Hello experts,

I have a Dell Latitude 3490 Laptop. It comes with Windows 10 Pro Pre-installed.

Around 3 months before I did a Windows Update after that I have witnessed a "Yellow" "Lock" Icon present in the Drive volumes, I thought the Windows is protecting the drives, but i didn't know that it was "BitLocker Encryption" at that time. Three days before i had given my laptop to the Dell Service center as it couldn't power on.

They have replaced the Motherboard. Now Windows is asking for BicLocker Recover Key which i don't have, The Laptop HDD is 1TB with 3 partitions, c = 150GB, d = 390GB, e = 390GB all three are encrypted with BitLocker.

Note: I never enabled the BitLocker Encryption by myself so I don't have the password / Recovery Keys.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

ppu

• Replies 2
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, ppu said:

Hello experts,

I have a Dell Latitude 3490 Laptop. It comes with Windows 10 Pro Pre-installed.

Around 3 months before I did a Windows Update after that I have witnessed a "Yellow" "Lock" Icon present in the Drive volumes, I thought the Windows is protecting the drives, but i didn't know that it was "BitLocker Encryption" at that time. Three days before i had given my laptop to the Dell Service center as it couldn't power on.

They have replaced the Motherboard. Now Windows is asking for BicLocker Recover Key which i don't have, The Laptop HDD is 1TB with 3 partitions, c = 150GB, d = 390GB, e = 390GB all three are encrypted with BitLocker.

Note: I never enabled the BitLocker Encryption by myself so I don't have the password / Recovery Keys.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

ppu

I'm not sure this can help you, try and let me know:

https://www.m3datarecovery.com/bitlocker-drive-data-recovery/bitlocker-recovery-key.html

I have finally manage to find the recovery key from the Azure Active Directory. Please follow the below steps:

This step will work only if you have a corporate / school domain (Office 365) account.

1. Login with your school / work account to portal.azure.com - ex. ([email protected])

2. Click Azure Active Directory 

3. On the left pane window click "Devices" and look for your Computer Name, click to open and you will find the BitLocker Recovery Keys along with the Device ID

Please Note: In order to view view the BitLocker Recovery Keys you have to be an Admin to the Office 365 / Azure Active Directory.

Mod: Please stick this thread so that anyone with the same situation can get it fixed.

Thanks,

ppu

Archived