The page top icon not appearing

DR_ADHAM

Hello @Matt

Today that round blue icon transferring you directly to the top of the page is not showing and I’ve to scroll up to reach the top.

Browser used: Safari

N.B: was shown on the same browser, just encountered this issue today.

• Replies 19
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, DR_ADHAM said:

I’ve to scroll up to reach the top.

As a workaround, whilst it's being looked into, pressing the home key on your keyboard will take you back to the top of the page.

45 minutes ago, T3rM1nat0Rr3 said:

pressing the home key on your keyboard will take you back to the top of the page.

I’m working on iPhone.

2 hours ago, DR_ADHAM said:

Hello @Matt

Today that round blue icon transferring you directly to the top of the page is not showing and I’ve to scroll up to reach the top.

I've experienced this issue in the recent past too. It seems to come and go randomly.

2 hours ago, T3rM1nat0Rr3 said:

As a workaround, whilst it's being looked into, pressing the home key on your keyboard will take you back to the top of the page.

1 hour ago, DR_ADHAM said:

I’m working on iPhone.

then use your finger in an downward motion from top to bottom! :tehe:

1 hour ago, frankl1n said:

then use your finger in an downward motion from top to bottom! :tehe:

That’s what I meant by scrolling up but thanks anyway.

• Administrator
8 hours ago, DR_ADHAM said:

Hello @Matt

If you provide screenshots would be helpful. 

7 hours ago, Matt said:

If you provide screenshots would be helpful. 

There doesn’t appear the small round blue icon entitled “Top” that I used to see on the Rt lower side of the page transferring to the top of the page by clicking it.

Spoiler

61-B14928-BE85-4549-B58-B-55-FA91-E3-C33

It’s not such a big problem, I was just wondering!!

Here it’s appearing as usual in that old screenshot when there were bats allover :))

Spoiler

F2741042-9-ECE-4-A21-B4-C5-F865-DD728-B5

• Administrator
1 hour ago, DR_ADHAM said:

There doesn’t appear the small round blue icon entitled “Top” that I used to see on the Rt lower side of the page transferring to the top of the page by clicking it.

Reveal hidden contents

It’s not such a big problem, I was just wondering!!

Here it’s appearing as usual in that old screenshot when there were bats allover :))

Reveal hidden contents

Have you tried to clear the browser cache ?

2 hours ago, Matt said:

I updated the button to a new one let me know if it works out for y'all. 

I never had a problem with the old one, but this new one is great. It does a little blink effect too. Nice job 👍

4 hours ago, Matt said:

Have you tried to clear the browser cache ?

I did

3 hours ago, Matt said:

I’ll check on my laptop later.

I had the same problem that @DR_ADHAM had, but it would come and go randomly, mostly I had the button.

23 hours ago, frankl1n said:

I've experienced this issue in the recent past too. It seems to come and go randomly.

Now I do not have the button any longer,at all, its completely gone for me now.

It just showed up again on another thread, now is here too, must still be a random thing for me.

9 hours ago, DR_ADHAM said:

It’s not such a big problem,

I agree, I can live without it, or with it.

• Administrator

That button is only visible after one scrolls a bit on the page though.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/3/2019 at 3:03 PM, Matt said:

Please disable the "bounce" effect.

That works and the previous worked, but the background color opacity: 0.4 is to little, set it at least  0.9 or at all to 1 and font-size from 30px to 40px.

And another very important moment - it comes out too late now. For example, in my screen, about two-thirds of the height of the page must be screwed down before it will appear. It should be changed to appear at least three-four times before.

Was wondering what it's all about, never noticed this icon (Nsane Dark theme, logged in, vivaldi browser) thus never used it; had to switch to another browser (brave, not logged in, default theme) to see it. Visible on a clear background, but barely visible on a dark background like at the very bottom of the page (ABOUT US, LINKS sections).

2 hours ago, mp68terr said:

Was wondering what it's all about, never noticed this icon (Nsane Dark theme, logged in, vivaldi browser) thus never used it; had to switch to another browser (brave, not logged in, default theme) to see it. Visible on a clear background, but barely visible on a dark background like at the very bottom of the page (ABOUT US, LINKS sections).

It's the latest and the smartest invention if to make the background and text (content) the same color. Many sites use this new method. This is very good to users - saves the eyes, because who still bother to stare at a blank page for a long time, secondly very well substitutes for encryption because so-and-so no one can detect and read the text written, etc., etc. It's fantastically simple and cheap to use if somebody needs to protect the content from malicious eyes.

Any person, who opens the page and sees that it is completely blank, leaves immediately.

12 hours ago, Kalju said:

It's the latest and the smartest invention if to make the background and text (content) the same color...

It's more than invisible, it's simply not there.  Tried to hover where the icon was supposed to be, nothing.

Archived