what the hell is this software.. i lost everything SOS..SOS

truemate

i was checking the new update for that USB Disk Storage Format Tool and found that no latest update version for it...

while surfing that site i founded this
http://www.authorsoft.com/windows-mess-cleaner.html

i was like lets give a try to it... As i already sometime use their USB Disk Storage Format Tool (by extracting exe file)
so decided before installing it ,, lets check it by extracting the soft and if i like it than i will install it permanently.

So quickly i right click and used 'uniextract here' and click on yes 

JWsX80b.png

now instead of seeing any extract folder (what usually it does for every soft while extracting) this cleaner app actually start cleaning everything 

and bloody just in 4/5 sec mine whole desktop gooone...all files it deleted....

look what it done....  clean swipe .. only my comp,firefox shortcut,recycle bin and that moon left there
71W96kY.jpg

all songs vids,excel.txt,pic everything gooone .. i lost nearly 55GB of data :( .. one mistake game over like thing happen 😕 

This app turn as a Thanos snap for my all downloaded files..... 😯

How to get back all files... avengers endgame 1080p HD,and many other movies... office,windows ISO which downloaded recently (Cosy knows it) ... all goneee ... fked up

• Replies 28
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's because you have extracted a folder called Desktop and it was empty and you select to overwrite your Desktop folder, The only solution you have is to use a data recovery program to recover your deleted files.

Look at your screenshot, it clearly states:

YES = CLEAR & Extract

Cancel = Extract WITHOUT clearing

And read the WARNING at the top.... it tells you 3 different times what will happen

Why do you keep everything on your desktop?  I have separate drives for my important stuff, plus backups in the cloud!

5 minutes ago, good hacker said:

That's because you have extracted a folder called Desktop and it was empty and you select to overwrite your Desktop folder, The only solution you have is to use a data recovery program to recover your deleted files.

which recovery soft is better prsently using icare data recovery... its recovering some files.. but big txt file all corrupted ... just yesterday only i updated those txt files and saved it on desktop.

4 minutes ago, Detection said:

Look at your screenshot, it clearly states:

YES = CLEAR & Extract

Cancel = Extract WITHOUT clearing

And read the WARNING at the top.... it tells you 3 different times what will happen

yea u right.. but in hurry/quick clicking i missed that.. and thought some extract option it will be..so clicked on yes.

but till now tons of software i extracted like this only..but no one done like what this done... extracted and start running

4 minutes ago, dhjohns said:

Why do you keep everything on your desktop?  I have separate drives for my important stuff, plus backups in the cloud!

thats my bad habit... mine desktop was clean only..its just from nearly 2/3 weeks i saved lot of downloaded files on it... was like will move it tmrrw..tmrrw.. and that tmrrw never came 😕

Happend to me a few years ago, all shit gone.. that's why I learned a hard lesson to always make a back-up.

I have a n external ssd with all important stuff now..

17 minutes ago, truemate said:

which recovery soft is better prsently using icare data recovery... its recovering some files.. but big txt file all corrupted ... just yesterday only i updated those txt files and saved it on desktop.

You can try Disk Drill.

my favourite recovery software.. File Scavenger 3.2 cant get a key for the latest version.. but this works perfectly well.. remember.. dont download files to the drive you want to recover.. and with this you'll need somewhere to put the files once recovered as it doesnt do recovery in place.

1 hour ago, psyko666 said:

Happend to me a few years ago, all shit gone.. that's why I learned a hard lesson to always make a back-up.

I have a n external ssd with all important stuff now..

Never trust an SSD but hdd. 

Just a friendly advice.

It was stories like this one that made me start using Macrium Reflect to make REGULAR images of my system. I had lived without a backup system for years and thought "Bah! Who needs one?"....and then the inevitable happened and I was obliged to re-install my OS and track down my favourite programs and re-install everything from scratch...a real pain in the donkey. Anyway I learned my lesson and started using Macrium Reflect....and it has been a Godsend in my hour of need....with the added comfort that even if should my computer go up in flames I can still install the latest image on new hardware. I'm a slow learner, but I get there in the end!!:w00t::w00t::w00t:

2 hours ago, truemate said:

i was checking the new update for that USB Disk Storage Format Tool and found that no latest update version for it...

while surfing that site i founded this
http://www.authorsoft.com/windows-mess-cleaner.html

i was like lets give a try to it... As i already sometime use their USB Disk Storage Format Tool (by extracting exe file)
so decided before installing it ,, lets check it by extracting the soft and if i like it than i will install it permanently.

So quickly i right click and used 'uniextract here' and click on yes 

JWsX80b.png

now instead of seeing any extract folder (what usually it does for every soft while extracting) this cleaner app actually start cleaning everything 

and bloody just in 4/5 sec mine whole desktop gooone...all files it deleted....

look what it done....  clean swipe .. only my comp,firefox shortcut,recycle bin and that moon left there
71W96kY.jpg

all songs vids,excel.txt,pic everything gooone .. i lost nearly 55GB of data :( .. one mistake game over like thing happen 😕 

This app turn as a Thanos snap for my all downloaded files..... 😯

How to get back all files... avengers endgame 1080p HD,and many other movies... office,windows ISO which downloaded recently (Cosy knows it) ... all goneee ... fked up

Super easy fix,  Insert bootable USB and restore that Retore Image you made prior to testing or at least the last restore Image you made...

On 10/23/2019 at 5:14 AM, Stig said:

Just try System Restore. :pope:

Nope, it will not work. As System Restore will only restore with something related to the system like: you are installing new program or removing one. But, it will never restore your losing data or docs...

Only Data recovery will solve your problem. I am using Easeus Data Recovery to recovery my docs awhile ago, and it works like a charm.

You could try O&O Disk Recovery to recover data. Or get a Sergei Strelec boot disk, it has a lot of tools inside it. I remember way back when I lost everything, I now days backup all my stuff to an external HDD.

On 10/23/2019 at 2:39 AM, Snuffy1942 said:

Super easy fix,  Insert bootable USB and restore that Retore Image you made prior to testing or at least the last restore Image you made...

which image ??? of the drive.. ? i dont have/made any image of it

On 10/24/2019 at 10:17 PM, Registry said:

You could try O&O Disk Recovery to recover data. Or get a Sergei Strelec boot disk, it has a lot of tools inside it. I remember way back when I lost everything, I now days backup all my stuff to an external HDD.

not so good used this and that O&O MediaRecovery too .. Both is like ok .. stlll fail to recover txt file of size 300kb...

On 10/25/2019 at 1:53 AM, Oriondin said:

Try r-studio. Very good and reliable. 

in recovery , same results like what others give...

its extra features like making whole disk image as backup will be usefull

On 10/24/2019 at 3:04 PM, d5stroy5r said:

you can use DiskDigger Pro to recover your data, it works well.

not good it scan whole drive..No option to select any single partition..As i want only desktop/ C drive to be scanned....why to scan whole drive !

On 10/23/2019 at 1:12 AM, andy2004 said:

my favourite recovery software.. File Scavenger 3.2 cant get a key for the latest version.. but this works perfectly well.. remember.. dont download files to the drive you want to recover.. and with this you'll need somewhere to put the files once recovered as it doesnt do recovery in place.

ok friend.. but this file scavenger is like in bottom list of all those recovery soft suggested by other users.

i checked it.. not so impressive

ok  i used my 2 old fav soft thats iCareRecovery Pro & Auslogics FileRecovery

and i will say voilaaa my old fav softs still rocks.. They worked as an infinity Stone to bring back my lost data :d 

this icare recovery able to recover mostly all main stuff nearly 35GB .. even ISO office, en_windows_10_enterprise_ltsc_2019_x86_dvd iso file even .mkv HD movies wooooo 🤗 :dance:  some 2 pics it was saying corrupt...so i use auslogics and it was able to recover that 2 pics.

but both these and every recovery soft was not able to get back my txt/notepad file (325kb size).. it able to recover but corrupt file..

many tips tricks i use to save in it.. its like my secret diary lol.. 

i  backup it 7 months back.. but the main things wat i updated in it few months back..damn all gone now.. my mistake, should have backup it.

19 minutes ago, truemate said:

which image ??? of the drive.. ? i dont have/made any image of it

I would highly recommend you (use any one of several very good programs) to make a restorable image of your System, and a very good program (Bootable USB) is called.

https://sergeistrelec.ru/winpe-10-8-sergei-strelec-english/177-winpe-10-8-sergei-strelec-x86-x64-native-x86-20191002-english-version.html

which has almost any program you might want or need to locate and restore, fix a corrupt hhd and to make a restore image....

Backup and restore
Acronis True Image 2020 Build 21400
Acronis True Image 2019 Build 17750
Acronis True Image 2017 Build 8058
Acronis True Image 2014 Build 6673
Acronis Backup Advanced 11.7.50230
Active Disk Image 9.1.4
StorageCraft Recovery Environment 5.2.5.37836
FarStone Recovery Manager 10.10
R-Drive Image 6.2 Build 6208
Veritas System Recovery 18.0.4.57077
Symantec Ghost 12.0.0.10658
TeraByte Image for Windows 3.32
AOMEI Backupper 5.3.0
Isoo Backup 4.1.2.734
Drive SnapShot 1.47.0.18640
Macrium Reflect 7.2.4473
Disk2vhd 2.01
Vhd2disk v0.2

Hard disk
Disk Management, System
Acronis Disk Director 12.5 Build 163
EASEUS Partition Master 13.5
Paragon Hard Disk Manager 15 10.1.25.1137
MiniTool Partition Wizard 11.5
AOMEI Partition Assistant 8.4
AOMEI Dynamic Disk Manager 1.2.0
Macrorit Disk Partition Expert 5.3.9
NIUBI Partition Editor 7.2.3
DiskGenius Professional 5.1.2.766
Defraggler 2.21.993
Auslogics Disk Defrag 8.0.24.0
O&O Defrag 23.0
HDD Low Level Format Tool 4.40
Active KillDisk 11.1.17
DriveClone 11.10 Build 20150827 (WinPE10)
Diskpart GUI Micro 1.5
Active Disk Editor 7.0.19

Diagnostics
HD Tune 5.75
Check Disk GUI
Victoria 4.76b
HDD Scan 4.1 Build 0.29
Hard Disk Sentinel 5.50 Build 10482
Western Digital Data Lifeguard Diagnostics 1.36.0.0
CrystalDiskInfo 8.3.0
CrystalDiskMark 6.0.2
AIDA64 Extreme Edition 6.10.5200
BurnInTest 9.0 Build 1016
PerformanceTest 9.0 Build 1031
ATTO Disk Benchmark 4.00.0f2
CPU-Z 1.90
PassMark MonitorTest 3.2 Build 1006
HWiNFO 6.12 Build 3930
OCCT Perestroika 5.4.1
Keyboard Test Utility 1.4.0
HDD Regenerator 2011
IsMyLcdOK 3.26
GSmartControl 1.1.3
TxBENCH 0.96 beta

Network programs
Opera
Firefox
PENetwork 0.59.B12
TeamViewer 12,13,14
Ammyy Admin 3.9
AeroAdmin 4.6 Build 3117
AnyDesk 5.3.3
µTorrent 3.5.5
FileZilla 3.42.1
Internet Download Accelerator 6.18.1.1633
OpenVpn 2.4.4
SoftEther VPN Client Manager
PuTTY 0.73
UltraVNC
FtpUse 2.2
Advanced IP Scanner 2.5.3850

Other programs
Windows Login Unlocker 1.5
OO UserManager 1.0.1.5091
Active Password Changer 10
Reset Windows Password 9.0.0.905
PCUnlocker 4.6.0
Password Reset 5.1
UltraISO 9.7.2.3561
PowerISO 7.5
Total Commander 9.00
FastStone Capture 7.7
IrfanView 4.38
STDU Viewer
Bootice 1.3.4
Unlocker 1.9.2
7-ZIP
WinNTSetup 3.9.4
78Setup 2.4 (author conty9)
Double Driver 4.1.0
Imagex
GImageX 2.1.1
Media Player Classic
EasyBCD 2.4.0.237
EasyUEFI 3.0
SoftMaker Office
Microsoft Office 2007
Far Manager 3.0 Build 5454
BitLocker
Dism++ 10.1.1000.100
WinHex 19.8
CIHexViewer 2.0
FastCopy 3.85
UltraSearch 2.3.2.537
Everything 1.4.1.935
Linux Reader 3.5.1
WinDirStat 1.1.2
TreeSize
Recover Keys 11.0.4.229
HardLink ShellExtension 3.9.2.4
NirLauncher 1.22.23
Remote Registry Editor
Registry Editor PE
Process Killer 1.5.0.6
Runtime Captain Nemo 7.00
ShowKeyPlus 1.0.7060
Windows Recovery Environment (WinPE 10)

Data Recovery
R-Studio 8.11 Build 175357
Active File Recovery 19.0.8
Active Partition Recovery 18.0.3
Unformat 9.0.2
MiniTool Power Data Recovery 8.5
Runtime GetDataBack Simple 5.50
Runtime GetDataBack for NTFS 4.33
Runtime GetDataBack for FAT 4.33
Eassos Recovery 4.2.1.297
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard 12.9.1
O&O DiskRecovery 14.1.143
TestDisk 7.2

Always read prompt screens carefully! 

A few years ago I accidentally formatted 1.5tb of data on a 2tb external drive while trying to create an image backup of C (funnily enough) using Win 10 recovery. 

I had created a separate partition on the external drive but Win 10 ignored it for some reason and nuked all partitions on the drive. I realised quickly and cancelled the operation before any data could be written since this massively reduces likelihood of successful recovery of previous data/files.

Anyways, I used Active Data Studio to recover the entire partition with all data in tact. Lesson learned. Keep an external drive strictly for back ups only, no messing with the partitions either.

Should this ever happen again, stop using the drive from which you wish to recover any files since writing data will significantly reduce the chance of a successful recovery. Boot up on a different system using iso image of the recovery software and then connect the drive you wish to recover from (ideally using a write blocker/read-only cable/device.)

Hope you managed to recover your data. 

Yes, easy to do wrong... my preference is Boot PE - insert a Portable USB - HDD/SSD, then use (1.) Acronis to make a Restoreable Image (2) Paragon to make another restorable image (3) Macrium Reflect to do the same.

I only have 1 visible Partiton with different Folders and the name is Backup so when inserted easy to find.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Dnbr678JH3cYAgJy2h4VYEu8kvGsYZLr/view?usp=sharing

On 10/24/2019 at 7:14 PM, Blazelanze said:

Nope, it will not work. As System Restore will only restore with something related to the system like: you are installing new program or removing one. But, it will never restore your losing data or docs...

He's not looking to restore data or docs.

His desktop has been deleted, which is a Windows file system virtual folder.

Archived