"unable to open (4)" entries in ESET log scan

funkyy

I'm using ESET Internet Security (Win 7 x64). I'm trying to find a way to stop the "Crypto\RSA\MachineKeys\...." entries from showing in the scan results log. I Googled  but despite some folk saying "stop ESET from SSL scanning" and ESET saying "don't stop SSL scanning", I can't find anyone who can say how to stop the entries appearing in the scan results log....that's all, just to stop the log filling up with these lines which ESET themselves say are only in the log for information purposes" and don't indicate any threat. I get that, I really do, but no-one seems to answer the question "How do you stop these entries appearing in the log?"!!!

I tried editing the scan exclusions settings to avoid scanning the Crypto folder...I excluded two paths:-

1) C:\Program Data\Micrsoft\Crypto\RSA\MachineKeys\

2) C:\Users\All Users\Microsoft\Crypto\RSA\MachineKeys\

but still the stubborn entries appear!! I'd appreciate any light that anyone can shine on this. Thanks guys!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 4
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You could change your logging level to warnings, errors or critical...

Minimum logging verbosity – Specifies the minimum verbosity level of events to be logged.

Diagnostic – Logs information needed to fine-tune the program and all records above.

Informative – Records informative messages, including successful update messages, plus all records above.

Warnings – Records critical errors and warning messages.

Errors Errors such as "Error downloading file" and critical errors will be recorded.

Critical – Logs only critical errors (error starting Antivirus protection, etc...).

You could also set your logs to delete themselves after a certain number of days...

Log entries older than the specified number of days in the Automatically delete records older than (days) field will automatically be deleted.

More & How to...

https://help.eset.com/eav/10/en-US/idh_config_logs.html

I had posted my question more than 2 weeks ago and I had just been nosing around Software Updates when I noticed that someone had replied to my post.

Great answer brain_death and apologies for not answering sooner. I've set logging verbosity to "Warnings" and I've taken a note of the details in case I ever forget!! :w00t::w00t::w00t:

zanderthunder
On 11/4/2019 at 1:38 PM, funkyy said:

I had posted my question more than 2 weeks ago and I had just been nosing around Software Updates when I noticed that someone had replied to my post.

Great answer brain_death and apologies for not answering sooner. I've set logging verbosity to "Warnings" and I've taken a note of the details in case I ever forget!! :w00t::w00t::w00t:

Have you post your same question on ESET forums as well? Some cases, they will solve on their side.

2 hours ago, Edward Raja said:

Have you post your same question on ESET forums as well? Some cases, they will solve on their side.

It's fine now Edward Raja...I followed the instructions given by "brain_death" in his post above and now I don't get a log filled with all those entries.

:w00t:Thanks for your answers guys!!:w00t::w00t:

Archived