[Help] WiFi Adapter Problem

H Hayat

I have a problem with my PC. When I update the drivers and restart the PC my wifi went away and also wifi adapters not visible on device manager.

I try to install the wifi adapter manually, but it does not work.

So please help me.

• Replies 9
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any way to rollback to the previous (working) driver and to check on the net if the last version (not working here) is known to have bugs and/or similar troubles as you have?

Maybe add more details (os, adapter, driver version...) for those having the same config.

Edit: reread your post, did you update several drivers at the same time? Would update them one by one to isolate the culprit.

11 minutes ago, mp68terr said:

Any way to rollback to the previous (working) driver and to check on the net if the last version (not working here) is known to have bugs and/or similar troubles as you have?

Maybe add more details (os, adapter, driver version...) for those having the same config.

Edit: reread your post, did you update several drivers at the same time? Would update them one by one to isolate the culprit.

Yeah I updated several drivers at the same time.

2 hours ago, H Hayat said:

I have a problem with my PC. When I update the drivers and restart the PC my wifi went away and also wifi adapters not visible on device manager.

I try to install the wifi adapter manually, but it does not work.

So please help me.

In the Device Manager, you should be able to do a 'scan of hardware changes in the top menu bar. and see the wifi entries come back out. You have the hardware so it should find what you need..

31 minutes ago, plb4333 said:

In the Device Manager, you should be able to do a 'scan of hardware changes in the top menu bar. and see the wifi entries come back out. You have the hardware so it should find what you need..

I tried this and it showing (Unknown Device)-

Capture.jpg

What about pointing to the driver location (likely .inf file, either of the latest or of the previous driver file) of the wifi adapter from the 'Unknown device' (likely right click, update driver) in the list?

It can be a problem of the pins of the wifi adapter that make bad contact (if it is an internal adapter). If so, try wiping them with an eraser.

Boot in Safemode and "release" the installed drivers via cmd. Restart PC, login to hidden Administrator account and reinstall drivers.

If you don't know cmd or terminal, go to control panel - recovery - open system restore and use it.if it just happened and not a long time ago.

then use another app for updating your drivers.

two good ones are wise driver care and iobit driverbooster.

i don't trust iobit but their driver software works without doing wrong.

there are other good ones but these i have tried the most.

and maybe you also or only need the Intel-Driver-and-Support-Assistant-Installer.

and also try what bayer and the other guys said before doing what i said.

and tell us what helped.

Archived