Avira Phantom VPN Connection Issue

d5stroy5r

Since yesterday I'm facing Avira Phantom VPN Connection Issue and I'm unable to connect to any servers.

Following version tested by me: 

Avira Phantom VPN v2.28.5.20306 with patch "Aviravpn_nolimit_test" by DICKMASTER

Avira Phantom VPN v2.28.5.20306 repacked by elchupacabra

Avira Phantom VPN Pro v2.28.4.20821 repacked by elchupacabra

Avira Phantom VPN Pro v2.28.2.29055 3GB Limit repacked by elchupacabra

All the above versions are having Connection Issue.

BUT

Avira Phantom VPN v2.28.5.20306 official release without any patch are working fine.

Does any other members also facing the Connection Issue ????

• Replies 9
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi d5stroy5r,

I was using Avira Phantom VPN a couple of weeks ago. I tried the installed version (with medicine) and the portable version (repacked by El Chupacabra). I found both versions to be painfully slow at downloading so I changed to Seed4me VPN. I know this is not exactly the same problem that you are experiencing, but maybe you should think about another VPN. By the way, Seed4me has one annoying behaviour...when I am using it I notice my ESET icon has a yellow alert...when I open the GUI it says ESET can't connect to LiveGrid (to update). When I disconnect from Seed4me and click "update" on ESET  Live Grid connection is restored in a few moments.:w00t::w00t::w00t:

10 hours ago, funkyy said:

Hi d5stroy5r,

I was using Avira Phantom VPN a couple of weeks ago. I tried the installed version (with medicine) and the portable version (repacked by El Chupacabra). I found both versions to be painfully slow at downloading so I changed to Seed4me VPN. I know this is not exactly the same problem that you are experiencing, but maybe you should think about another VPN. By the way, Seed4me has one annoying behaviour...when I am using it I notice my ESET icon has a yellow alert...when I open the GUI it says ESET can't connect to LiveGrid (to update). When I disconnect from Seed4me and click "update" on ESET  Live Grid connection is restored in a few moments.:w00t::w00t::w00t:

I have been using Avira Phantom VPN from last 2 years and never faced any issue, but sure I'll try Seed4me VPN. @funkyy Do you have any patched version of this Seed4me VPN.

And does anybody find the solution for Avira Phantom VPN connection Issue?

Thanks and regards,

Marcus Thunder

I was going to say that your problem is caused by avira launcher or conflict with other installed avira products till i tested it myself. Yes i am not able to connect to any server no matter what... I am using no limit @dickmaster fix... I will test @TheBig fix later on...

Edit: Note that this is common issue for latest versions...

I have version 2.26.1.17464, after messing around and trying all fixes i have.. it still fails to connect...

I decided to del both files (VpnPrivateSettings.backup & VpnPrivateSettings.config) fom program data>>avira folder

Relaunched vpn, and it succesfully connected as unlimited.

Note: You can always use trial with data reset.

@Marcus Thunder,  fyi l'm not using any other avira products apart from Avira Phantom VPN, and plz tell us that @TheBig fix worked or not cause i'm unable to find @TheBig fix for testing it myself.

Thanks and regards,

•  

Marcus Thunder

If anybody wants to play with Avira fixes:

Site: https://www.mirrored.to
Sharecode: /files/WK0ZMSYF/Avira_FiXes.rar_links

As i said in edited post above, unlimited worked for me after deleting VpnPrivateSettings.backup & VpnPrivateSettings.config in avira folder in Program Data Directory and then after relaunching, new VpnPrivateSettings.backup & VpnPrivateSettings.config will be created and it will get connected as unlimited.

Now it is unlimited and I can connect to any server i want, i closed the application and restart several times and all is okay connected as unlimited with no problems.

it is working now. but I don't know if this is temporary and unlimited will get canceled after i restart PC.

22 minutes ago, d5stroy5r said:

@Marcus Thunder, your solution working great, thanks for your hard work and time, really appreciating mate.

after sometimes it reverts to trial version and with 500mb limit but data reset working well.

9 hours ago, d5stroy5r said:

I have been using Avira Phantom VPN from last 2 years and never faced any issue, but sure I'll try Seed4me VPN. @funkyy Do you have any patched version of this Seed4me VPN.

And does anybody find the solution for Avira Phantom VPN connection Issue?

Thanks and regards,

Hi d5stroy5r..I got Seed4me free for a year on Adenman's thread here on Nsane:-

https://www.nsaneforums.com/topic/352557-update-seed4me-1-year-vpn/?tab=comments#comment-1506215

Archived