Super Impressive results of Microsoft Edge insider browser and other browsers in HTML5 Test

Sylence

Here is the the score of browsers to see how much of HTML5 technologies and features they support.

In order of highest to lowest.

Edge insider Canary Version 79.0.286.0 (Official build) canary (64-bit) Highest Score

new edge.PNG

Google Chrome Canary Version 79.0.3924.0 (Official Build) canary (64-bit)

chrome.PNG

FireFox version 71.0a1 (2019-09-26) (64-bit)

Firefox.PNG

Edge classic (EdgeHTML)

Microsoft EdgeHTML 18.18990

Microsoft Edge 44.18990.1.0

edge classic.PNG

Internet explorer 11 version 11.1.18990

internet explorer.PNG

Internet Explorer 11 (latest version) obviously has the worse score, but it's the only browser that can manage to get the perfect 100/100 score from Acid3 test among all these browsers tested. the rest of the browsers can only get 97/100.

By the way, Acid3 is an old test.

ie.PNG

https://html5test.com/

http://acid3.acidtests.org/

• Replies 11
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, mp68terr said:

No plan to install all these browsers in order to try; any chance to get a link to the source?

I am the source. tried them myself today and took the screenshots :) 

14 minutes ago, mp68terr said:

Best is 533 here for both latest vivaldi and brave browser (under linux).

Yeah, Microsoft Edge insider is hella impressive.

in case you're wondering what caused it to get 543 and Not the perfect score, here is the list of the capabilities that as the site stated, are not being supported in Microsoft Edge insider

• MPEG-4 ASP support
  • H.265 support
  • Dynamic Adaptive Streaming / MPEG-DASH
  • HTTP Live Streaming / HLS
  • JPEG-XR support
  • Custom content handlers
  • Script execution events
  • Writable streams

Maybe too much support... 😅

I was also impressed a week ago when I used Google Maps in Edge to rotate some road view. Then all pc's memory was running out and there was only dark night left all on my pc. Finally, I find that my only way is to stop all this was to use power button. Luckily next boot was okay!  😥

2 hours ago, Radpop said:

Maybe too much support... 😅

I was also impressed a week ago when I used Google Maps in Edge to rotate some road view. Then all pc's memory was running out and there was only dark night left all on my pc. Finally, I find that my only way is to stop all this was to use power button. Luckily next boot was okay!  😥

xD

oh, which channel do you use? I've been on Canary since the beginning and it's bee good because of fast updates and features. Beta takes 6 weeks for updates and Dev takes 1 week. too long 

7 hours ago, Sylence said:

xD

oh, which channel do you use? I've been on Canary since the beginning and it's bee good because of fast updates and features. Beta takes 6 weeks for updates and Dev takes 1 week. too long 

I don't know. Recent Edge killed old Edge and updated today to 78.0.276.8 (official build). Stable I guess but maybe it's beta if stable doesn't exist. It gets updates once or twice a week but maybe there is six weeks between major updates. I think my Night Vision version was 77.0.235.25 or 77.0.235.27. Nevertheless, next time I use Google maps with genuine Chrome browser. 🤩

I found this listing from Commsru:
79.0.285.0 Canary / 79.0.279.0 Dev / 78.0.276.8 Beta / 77.0.276.8 Stable  

e1.PNG.9d2671ba6661a0b45aea89d3a35919c2.PNGe2.thumb.PNG.b3faab1d3f130bcbd498ba400a3ec1d7.PNG

3 hours ago, Radpop said:

I don't know. Recent Edge killed old Edge and updated today to 78.0.276.8 (official build). Stable I guess but maybe it's beta if stable doesn't exist. It gets updates once or twice a week but maybe there is six weeks between major updates. I think my Night Vision version was 77.0.235.25 or 77.0.235.27. Nevertheless, next time I use Google maps with genuine Chrome browser. 🤩

I found this listing from Commsru:
79.0.285.0 Canary / 79.0.279.0 Dev / 78.0.276.8 Beta / 77.0.276.8 Stable  

e1.PNG.9d2671ba6661a0b45aea89d3a35919c2.PNGe2.thumb.PNG.b3faab1d3f130bcbd498ba400a3ec1d7.PNG

There was a stable leak but right now all official versions are in here:

https://www.microsoftedgeinsider.com/en-us/download

Archived