Fanboys Are Destroying The PC Community

steven36

• Replies 7
  • Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

fanboy

noun

A boy or man who is ardently devoted to a single hobby or interest.

source: Webster's New World College Dictionary, Fifth Edition Copyright © 2014 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.

It doesn't matter whether or not you are a fanboy.  What matters is the respect, and courtesy you show others.

Me being a Linux user i see  it  quite a lot  in the Linux community you have this group of people  bashing the other group of  people even though  they all use Linux just different distros . So i just don't bother to sign into a Linux forum unless its the version I use because you can't have a decent conversion with the whole community.   I was a devote  Windows user up tell 2015 and if i want to use it i keep as a option tell this day . But you even see it in the Windows community  It all started around 2014  when XP ran out of updates  people  trying to push people on to Windows 7 and 8.1 . Then it got really bad once Windows 10 came out in 2015 they was bug report after bug report  and  being a fan boy and making like problems  don't exist just runs people away and is part of the  reason most people  at this that post the News is staff any more. 

For awhile it was the Windows 7 fan boys vs  Windows 10 fan boys.  Years ago  we used  what we used  . Am I really a fan of Linux  no  i'm not  i like it but  I don't have to have it , Just like don't have to have Windows any more . The reason I quit using Windows very often was Windows 10 was to much trouble  to me and i think using older windows  is a dead end . All this Windows in the cloud  is nothing i ever needed .  If Microsoft ever makes a OS i'm interested in again i will buy it. The guy in the OP think it's bad getting paid  to post the Tech News he should try doing it for free. Like we do on this site!

Just remember nobody likes a koolaid drinker . You just  run people away that could be helpful and are just trying to be helpful  . Siding with some Big Tech  company just because they famous want ever make you famous .   To them your just a number you don't even have a name you just user 889 million is all.    they only care on how they profit off you witch when you defend them it makes you look weak and insecure .:tooth:

Go figure someone would try to Argue about why its ok to be fanboy  . The only reason they no longer  fights on this site  is because of moderation they had to get 24/7  help.   Other sites they don't care and  it's anything besides respect being showed it's so bad it bores me so i don't get in the middle of it because i will speak the truth and get ban.  99%   of sites i visit i'm passive  because  treating something like a religion  is boring and i don't get much out of it.

Even they Kodi addon fanboys  nowadays they try to tell you why using this addon is no good  and you should this one  . I always do my own testing  so it was not long tell i stop socializing  with them.  I dont tell nobody what to use  i just post the news  and tell you what  i use  or what can be used.. I know what i use  most don't use and just because you use something dont mean everybody use it , I was raised to make my  own choices . I stop doing what everybody else done after i got out of school  .It's sad grown ups act like kids nowadays! I'ma do my thang, ...

Well said Steven36. I have never been one to give in to "peer pressure". In clothes I wore what I felt comfortable in, not what the current "fashion" dictated. One of my brothers wouldn't go to play football (soccer) if he didn't have the latest brand name trainers on. I wore a cheaper, non-brand name pair..they didn't make me any better or worse as a player. My brother's problem was that he didn't want his friends to ridicule him for wearing cheap gear. I told him "If they ridicule you for that, they are not your friends", but he always gave in to what his peers said. Advertising executives just love people like my brother...easy to manipulate. 

Anyway, getting older I have always kept the same perspective in life. I don't force anyone to like what I like, or eat what I eat. or believe what I believe. We each have 1 life, it's our own and we have to make and be responsible for our own decisions.

On topic...I was using Win XP for years while others changed to Vista and Win 8. It didn't bother me when folk criticised me, I was quite content with XP. I'm on Win 7 now, and I'll use that for the next year or two..until (?) Win 10 becomes free of patch Tuesday problems. Like you, I don't order people to like what I like, and I don't waste time following "trends" and doing what everyone else is doing just because they're doing it.:w00t::w00t::w00t:

Internet is full of trolls. I could even argue there are more linux fanboys out there than PC fanboys. there are even more play station fanboys. every platform has its own fanboys or fangirls.

Topic name kind of click bait.

While i cannot afford to buy expensive apple devices i accept it as a gift.

My first thing probably install Windows on it as secondary os. I am not a fanboy i use whatever works or fills work requirements.

Whatever people use they have some reason why they are using it.

Instead of attacking others like a moron people should talk about why they use it and for what.

Understanding each other is the proper way to talk but there are always trolls who loves when people fight.

They're all the same,they're just different

they're all good,they're just not the same

mac --> pc

nvidia --> ati

amd --> intel

just depends on the source of what your doing 

Archived