Help Needed For Windows 10 Installation

attacker

I formatted Dell Inspiron Laptop 15, 5567 and now can't install windows using usb.

I created two usb's one with MBR and one with GPT using rufus but both usb's won't load.  Disabled the secure boot also and enabled the legacy mode but nothing works. The usb's won't boot.  What to do?

• Replies 14
  • Views 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if I am not mistaken the Flash Drive has to be formatted as FAT 32 in order to boot as UEFI (GPT)

The HDDs in your laptop is most likely GPT

please maybe look at the flash drive and see if it in NTFS, if so reformat to Fat32 and then try again...much luck m8!

had this problem years ago, from memory it was due to certain "wiping" progs deleting the the usb drivers if possible try installing via cdr or an external hdd failing that find the correct usb drivers loading them via usb and try again. Gl

ohh yeaa... even i am planning to format dell Inspiron i5 3000 series and planning to install win 10 ltsc

i bookmark ur topic... to clear some of my doubts

A simpler method is to use "W10_ISO_Tool", It is much simpler and better than Rufus, because one can use a formatted USB fat32 and just copy the files to it without worrying about this stuff " mbr or gpt ".

It will automatically work on any format of your system HD

Another advantage is the size of the files will always be compressed to fit a 4 GB USB stick (not get worried of the size of the files to fit the USB) - one has to choose this option "ISO_With_Install.esd.cmd"

It takes somewhat longer but one has to be patient depending on the system/PC one is using.

1- Try recreating the bootable usb using a different Windows 10 ISO file to eliminate the possibility that the ISO used is corrupted.

2- If the problem persists, try this link to download the official ISO from Microsoft using the Windows 10 installation media and create your bootable usb.

This should help you with your problem and if nothing did you good you should consider installing windows using the CD as mentioned above by Alpha1BA & cosy

Installed win 10 enterprise ltsc

First inserted win 7 dvd as i do not have win 10 dvd

Then during the installation process pressed shift + F10 (in some laptops Shift+fn+f10)

typed diskpart

list disk

select disk

clean

convert mbr

exit

then removed win 7 dvd and installed win 10 through usb without any problems.😁

21 hours ago, vertical said:

instead if doing something in a laptop you can format and partition with your windows dvd, usb.

what ?? sorry i can't get it

i dont want any partition..its already done into 3 parts.. and happy with it...

so its simple just format c drive and then install any windows needed... right !

hope nothing happen to bios... i dont think so

do i need to backup anything from this dell I5 inspiron 3000 series ?

or its like screw it.. just format and install... after that it will update anything wat it needed :d

i dont use too much of graphics or games stuff on this laptop... mostly net surfing and microsoft office tools.. yeah some times movies too

13 minutes ago, truemate said:

do i need to backup anything from this dell I5 inspiron 3000 series ?

I don't know how you people install OSes on your PC, but It is always advisable to partition your HDD in such a way that the OS runs in a different partition as any other stuff on the PC.

In this way one has the flexibility any time to change, reinstall any OS without actually doing a back up.

YES, if you never laid any partitions on your Laptop, then please make a backup of all other stuff, before you reinstall or make a fresh installation on your Laptop.

5 hours ago, truemate said:

or its like screw it.. just format and install.

if it is partitioned and you want to install in c drive , install , you can move your files to the other drives if it is a usable (new) volume

or to a usb how you have bought it ,unchanged. it can be a used one.

movebtn.png.f0bf782b2bab43ded5220ecd509bd1e9.png

select it and click move and choose where you want to have it.

it would be better to copy. for if something goes wrong you will have your files to try again.

i mean , moving stuff can sometimes go wrong and only movies and files, installed apps need a register backup.

and windows can but will not restore it completely.

and when windows is installed you can move it back if you want.

so its simple just format c drive and then install any windows needed

yes that simple.

Archived