Windows 10 Having Issues

ramiz0

Hey Wassup guys My Windows is Slowing Down my Pc Windows 8.1 was Working Fine Before since i have  installed windows 10 my pc is lagging  Disk Usage Remains 100 % And Disk temperature is 49 or 50 Constantly i dont't understand whats wrong with my pc or is this windows problem because never faced that issue before while using windows 8.1 or 7 even my old core 2 duo faster than my this pc 

Here is Some Info

moJUBR8.jpg

mDErAx2.jpg

5MDtvk1.jpg

i have done everything that i found on google but nothing helps windows 8.1 was working fine i m thinking of reverting  back to windows 8.1

• Replies 15
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, jollydan said:

Replace your HDD with an SSD. Everything will be solved.

Good luck!

Really Is That the only problem?

Harddisk is a 5400 rpm and is to slow as a bootdisk or disk to start applications or games from.

The accestimes are much higher then with a 7200 rpm harddisk.

Replace harddisk with a 7200 rpm harddisk like the WDC Black, or with a 7200 rpm SSHD, best option is to replace it with a SSD like the Crucial MX500.

2 minutes ago, Ragdd said:

Harddisk is a 5400 rpm and is to slow as a bootdisk or disk to start applications or games from.

The accestimes are much higher then with a 7200 rpm harddisk.

Replace harddisk with a 7200 rpm harddisk like the WDC Black, or with a 7200 rpm SSHD, best option is to replace it with a SSD like the Crucial MX500.

I still Don't understand how windows 8.1 was working fine on the same pc?

If this is a recent update, there have been issues with Cortana, a fix was issued to fix others problems, but it broke Cortana. PC's where running at 100% CPU

High CPU Usage in Cortana

This issue appears to be a bug in the latest version of Cortana that occurs when users have disabled the ability to send local searches to Bing. It was discovered that a temporary fix for this issue is to enable BingSearch again.

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/microsoft/microsoft-investigating-windows-10-cortana-high-cpu-issues/

https://borncity.com/win/2019/08/30/windows-10-v1903-update-kb4512941-workaround-for-the-cortana-high-cpu-load-issue/

something is using your disk 100% continuously
it could be malware

buying an SSD will surely change your life. However if you can't make the purchase now ... you can try updating windows 10 (your version is the "old" 10.0.17134, aka 1803, Redston4). Maybe the cause of using the disk was an old bug.
First of all you obviously check with ADWCleaner or similar tools to eliminate any malware.
Do not change the pc / cpu. It's ok for windows 10.
Let us know.
Hello

14 hours ago, sefton22 said:

If this is a recent update, there have been issues with Cortana, a fix was issued to fix others problems, but it broke Cortana. PC's where running at 100% CPU

High CPU Usage in Cortana

This issue appears to be a bug in the latest version of Cortana that occurs when users have disabled the ability to send local searches to Bing. It was discovered that a temporary fix for this issue is to enable BingSearch again.

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/microsoft/microsoft-investigating-windows-10-cortana-high-cpu-issues/

https://borncity.com/win/2019/08/30/windows-10-v1903-update-kb4512941-workaround-for-the-cortana-high-cpu-load-issue/

it does not apply to the OP because he's using win10 v1803 (build 17134), noted in MSInfo specs - the Cortana high cpu usage problem occurs in v1903 only

@ramiz0 - from the Task Manager (taskmgr.exe) app, click File, select Run new task and type winver.exe in the Run dialog box and post up a screenshot of the "About Windows" dialog box showing the exact Win10 version you have.

I think you have 2 options to check

first check if you get the most out the system you need

right click this pc and choose properties - advanced properties

perfomance settings - advanced  and look at virtual memory (change) if this is to low  choose the memory settings asking  not to automatic  but  choose custom settings

fill in what windows want recommended settings as start and max

aply this settings and restart the system

second option is to install the latest chipset for youre motherboard

go to asus support site choose youre system board and download latest system board chipset driver for youre system.and install this driver.

this could solve youre problem.

otherwise it could bee a startup problem

look at system startup apps

it is a bit difficult to say this all in englisch (i m from Belgium speaking dutch)

i hope it helps you out

What I find strange is the specification of your hard drive Disk 0 with H,C,E,F partitions.

You did not make a clean install of W10 (?) and maybe there went something wrong.

You have only a 466 GB HD with 4 partitions on it? That's about the max for a Legacy computer.

Does Windows 10 Pro have enough space on the C partition to function at full speed?

Maybe the old Windows is still on it to be removed.

If you can buy a new HD put a clean install of Windows 10 on it and use your old drive as a

backup (Disk 1). Keep in mind that with every update of Windows the program needs more and

more space and your drivers and user programs also.

This first thing you need to do is identify the root cause of the problem. In this case, the process that is utilizing 100% disk usage.

In order for you to find this process, open Resource Monitor. Once you find the culprit, more options will be available to you.

As suggested before, you may need to do a fresh install with all updates. it can happen that some files are not deleted and replaced but overwritten and this is where problems lie. It took me 3 attempts with Win10 about a year ago, it was one problem after the other. on the 3rd fresh install, either MS had implemented new fixes/ updates, but Win10 started to work as it should have. I have put off updating to 1903, but i've started noticing a few stalls, random crashes happening and now WinUpdate is having a tantrum (or i've disable it🙃) but it could be a good thing with the current bugs MS keep creating, it's something that i don't have to deal with

image.png.7624bb4400d08eeae062d103f3c8a220.png

hi sir @ramiz0, also check details pane and your startup list (if there are too much apps)

regards

On 9/20/2019 at 9:34 AM, ramiz0 said:

I still Don't understand how windows 8.1 was working fine on the same pc

Win 10 need more hard disk space

so it's better to go back to 8.1 or 7

if insist to use win10 then try Win 10 Lite edition

Archived