Russia Carried Out ‘Stunning’ Hack of Encrypted FBI Communications: Report

steven36

Russia carried out a “stunning” hack of U.S. intelligence services’ most sensitive communications, Yahoo News reports.

2eca.jpg

The hack is believed to have happened around 2010 and reportedly gave Russian spies in Washington, New York, and San Francisco access to the location of FBI surveillance teams as well as the actual content of FBI communications.

The hack may have allowed the Russian agents to avoid FBI surveillance, communicate with U.S. sources, and gather intelligence on their FBI pursuers, according to the report.

“When we found out about this, the light bulb went on—that this could be why we haven’t seen [certain types of] activity” from Russian spies, one source told Yahoo.

The Russians reportedly compromised the encrypted radio systems used by the FBI’s mobile surveillance teams as well as the backup communications systems.

“This was something we took extremely seriously,” one former senior counterintelligence official is reported to have said.

The intercepts were said to be monitored by teams at the Russian diplomatic compounds that President Obama ordered seized shortly before he left office.

More AT: [Yahoo News]

Source

• Replies 6
  • Views 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, solitario said:

As always... the bad guys are the Russians or the Chinese or... Anybody! 

That's because it's western news ..If you read the  Russian news  or Chinese the USA and UK are the bad guys . Since this is a site of a technical nature and English most of the news is from the west .  Back when Obama  was in Office  and Snowden leaked all that info it was always the USA  and  the other 4 eyes done this or that for years  in all media .  And i live in the USA and i did not get upset like sympathizers  do when Russia or China  gets caught  spying ,:lmao:

27 minutes ago, solitario said:

I suppose it must be as you say, what happens is that USA has the monopoly of communication.....

Not really  i read lots of news from the UK , AU and Canada too . the English language has a  monopoly of communication on the internet,  people who dont speak English don't read the English news much  is what i read on reddit , one of the big scandals that happen USA here lately  most people said they didn't know about it tell someone in Tech got got caught up for  sympathizing  .

Infinite_Vision
On 9/16/2019 at 7:26 PM, steven36 said:

That's because it's western news ..If you read the  Russian news  or Chinese the USA and UK are the bad guys . Since this is a site of a technical nature and English most of the news is from the west .  Back when Obama  was in Office  and Snowden leaked all that info it was always the USA  and  the other 4 eyes done this or that for years  in all media .  And i live in the USA and i did not get upset like sympathizers  do when Russia or China  gets caught  spying ,:lmao:

I agree.  It was the last administration that remove the the propaganda act.  That's why we have the Mockingbird media.  There are still some good people in the news but a lot of compromise.  There were a list of people on the Wikileaks documents.  I have to search for it later.    Just like how they keep ignoring this story.  What people don't know is that the former CIA director was in Kiev not in Russia.  

Source

To help who?  Take a guess.

Source

Source 2

This one is just for Adam S. 

Source 1  One of the Electors of the electoral college in California.

Source 2  Scroll down a bit and you'll see the picture.

Source 3  28th district run by which congressmen?

What district is this from?  What about donation?

Who is a member of the gang of eight?

Chance encounter?

It doesn't take a lot of standard to do a little research. 

Archived