[Solved] Firefox Drag'n'Drop Website Shortcut

JayDee

Hello,

As u all know, to create a website shortcut on your desktop, all you need to do is click on the website icon, drag and drop it on the desktop. I am using Firefox 69.0. I don't know if this issue began with the latest Firefox update or its was I who turned off a specific option in the settings. Does anyone know how to fix this issue ?

Thank you

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Moved from Guides & Tutorials.

Shown Guides & Tutorials description is " The place to post guides & tutorials on any subject, not for questions. "

(Software question, so better here)

7 hours ago, JayDee said:

Hello,

As u all know, to create a website shortcut on your desktop, all you need to do is click on the website icon, drag and drop it on the desktop. I am using Firefox 69.0. I don't know if this issue began with the latest Firefox update or its was I who turned off a specific option in the settings. Does anyone know how to fix this issue ?

Thank you

After reading your post I dragged and dropped Nsane's icon from the Home page  onto my desktop.....ESET immediately flagged it as containing a trojan and sent it to quarantine. I deleted it from quarantine...but the icon is still on my desktop and refuses to delete!! When I click to delete it I get the message "Could not find this item. This is no longer located in

C:/users/name/Desktop. verify the items location and try again". It still won't delete so I guess I'll need to boot into safe mode and it will probably delete then.

I just don't get why ESET flagged a trojan in the first place.:w00t::w00t::w00t:

11 hours ago, JayDee said:

Hello,

Thank you

What issue? Are you not able to create website shortcut using this method?

On 9/15/2019 at 6:52 AM, Bizarre™ said:

@funkyy:

ESET hates NSANE because they think we are mad:w00t:

@JayDee:

Try this fix.

Didn't work but thanks for the suggestion

On 9/17/2019 at 12:24 AM, DKT27 said:

@JayDee: Works fine here.

If it still does not work then use this addon there.

Thank you DKT27 works just fine and it's very easy to use. Just by clicking a button a shortcut will be created which is easier than dragging and dropping. Appreciate your solution.

Archived