Sandboxie 5.31.4

T3rM1nat0Rr3

Sandboxie is a software uses isolation technology to separate programs from your underlying operating system preventing unwanted changes from happening to your personal data, programs and applications that rest safely on your hard drive. With it, you can secure your favorite web browser and block malicious software, viruses, ransom-ware and zero day threats by isolating such attacks in the Sandbox; leaving your system protected. You can also run your favorite email program in Sandboxie so you never have to worry about suspicious attachments or spear phishing attacks. It provides data protection as it restricts and blocks internet websites and programs from accessing your personal data (i.e. My Documents), files & folders on your system. With it, you can safely test and try new programs and applications within Sandboxie and prevent unauthorized changes to your underlying system that may occur. Sandboxie runs on all the latest operating systems, supports all major web browsers and comes with small footprint on the hard drive space with simple installation.

Thanks to Astron for the update.

Download

• Replies 20
  • Views 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, 0veR said:

This app is free now and its going to be open source soon :D

In reply to Name Redacted:

All of you who think that Sandboxie goes open source are good news have considered who is going to continue developing it?

I doubt any Sophos team will do any work on it. If that happens... then what?

Do you know the abilities required to update a tool like Sandboxie? Do you think any average coder will be able to keep it up to date when a Windows update breaks something or a software stops working sandboxed?

Guys able to do such work earn lot of money and I doubt (I hope I'm wrong) anyone will want to do it for free.

So this announcement is, and again I hope to be wrong, the end of Sandboxie.

3 hours ago, frankl1n said:

This decision to make Sandboxie freeware is an ominous signal of the end of development of Sandboxie for paid users like myself.

Oh well, the ride was good and soon to be just sweet memories 😪

10 hours ago, frankl1n said:

Guys able to do such work earn lot of money and I doubt (I hope I'm wrong) anyone will want to do it for free.

People code an entire operating system and guess what, a lot more told themselves that they could too and now there's more than hundreds, and for free.

Thousands of other devs that don't touch the kernel continues to supports theirs apps even with its continuous updates so don't lose hope.

A question to the users of this program ; is it possible to reboot in Sandbox-mode , so after reboot still in Sandbox , or do you lose all changes after rebooting.........???     :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Pete 12 said:

A question to the users of this program ; is it possible to reboot in Sandbox-mode , so after reboot still in Sandbox , or do you lose all changes after rebooting.........???     :rolleyes:

Not possible to reboot in Sandbox mod and you lose all changes after reboot

OK , so no use , will keep using Shadow Defender .........easy and reliable , also not bloated ! :rolleyes:

9 hours ago, Pete 12 said:

8 hours ago, nanana1 said:

8 hours ago, Pete 12 said:

OK , so no use , will keep using Shadow Defender .........easy and reliable , also not bloated ! :rolleyes:

Shadow Defender has no option to reboot and save HDD structure, nor settings whats so ever. so wrong info my friend. SD and SBie same + no save from reboot...sorry.

also where is SBie bloated, ??? I see no bloat.

Dont mistake my retort for lack of respect for Shadow Defender. I use both SD and SBIE depending on the situation at hand, biut facts are facts. :)

"  Shadow Defender has no option to reboot and save HDD structure "...........thats why its safe to use !  :rolleyes:

13 hours ago, nanana1 said:

13 hours ago, Pete 12 said:

Actually you can choose not to delete the sandboxes and the changes you made will survive after a reboot and when you are done with the changes you just delete the sandboxes and the software will be the same as when you first launched it in the sandboxes, something that Shadow Defender is not capable of. 😉

I'm a little upset that I paid for a lifetime license on this. It was a good program to have if using a questionable program or an alternate browser, but I think I'm going to uninstall it and just use the Windows Sandbox feature instead, since my real concern is using a sandbox during the install process. Sandboxie didn't allow me to run a program installer in the sandbox environment; I had to install the questionable program on my system first, then run it in a sandbox environment. I wasn't okay with doing that.

Portable Sandboxie 5.31.4

• It uses isolation technology to separate programs from your underlying operating system preventing unwanted changes from happening to your personal data, programs and applications that rest safely on your hard drive

sbf1.png

• Portabe version built by @DoomStorm (Portables and Repacks Workbench) using PurkdellApps Universal Launcher (PAUL) by Azure Zanculmarktum aka @azureusvuze
  • Offline Installer 8.6 MB
  • 32-bit / 64-bit
  • Local settings, of a possibly previously executed official version, are preserved. They are available when the portable version is not in execution
  • A progress window is shown during starting and closing operations. To hide it, modify the value of the HideProgressWindow setting in SandboxiePortable.ini (file available in the main folder, beside the launcher, after the initial startup)
  • Target (SbieCtrl.exe) executed by launcher (SandboxiePortable.exe) with user privileges. To execute the target with administrator privileges, modify the value of the ExecAsAdmin in SandboxiePortable.ini (file available in the main folder, beside the launcher, after the initial startup)
  • To add the Run Sandboxed command to the context menu, modify the value of the ShellIntegration setting in SandboxiePortable.ini (file available in the main folder, beside the launcher, after the initial startup)
  • Multilingual. All languages provided by the official version are fully available. Default language is set according to the OS. To enable the ability of changing it, modify the value of the SelectLanguage and SystemLanguage setting in SandboxiePortable.ini (file available in the main folder, beside the launcher, after the initial startup)
  • Free

Site: https://mega.nz

Sharecode[?]/#!vywGhaJJ!AAAAAAAAAAASfijKgVREWQAAAAAAAAAAEn4oyoFURFk

On 9/13/2019 at 2:15 PM, Knightmare said:

Sandboxie didn't allow me to run a program installer in the sandbox environment; I had to install the questionable program on my system first, then run it in a sandbox environment.

This is simply not true.

On 9/13/2019 at 11:15 AM, Knightmare said:

I'm a little upset that I paid for a lifetime license on this. It was a good program to have if using a questionable program or an alternate browser, but I think I'm going to uninstall it and just use the Windows Sandbox feature instead, since my real concern is using a sandbox during the install process. Sandboxie didn't allow me to run a program installer in the sandbox environment; I had to install the questionable program on my system first, then run it in a sandbox environment. I wasn't okay with doing that.

I understand. I bought a lifetime license too, but I got SO much use out of it, it paid for itself 10,000 times.

On 9/15/2019 at 10:07 AM, frankl1n said:

This is simply not true.

Sometimes it's true.  Also, sometimes you have to drag the file into the sandbox for it to run. Sometimes, you have to test in Virtualmachine

I had never used Sandboxie before but I tried v.5.31.4 for the last week. Then today when launching the sandboxed browser (Firefox 69.01) I get the error message

"Error Platform version is not compatible with

minVersion>=69.0

maxVersion>=69.0"

I'm guessing this has something to do with Firefox 69.01 that is now the current version. If so it doesn't bode well for the future use of Sandboxie.

I'm going to try GlacialMan's portable version in his post above.:w00t::w00t::w00t:

4 hours ago, funkyy said:

I had never used Sandboxie before but I tried v.5.31.4 for the last week. Then today when launching the sandboxed browser (Firefox 69.01) I get the error message

"Error Platform version is not compatible with

minVersion>=69.0

maxVersion>=69.0"

I'm guessing this has something to do with Firefox 69.01 that is now the current version.

Sorry m8 but no issues here

On 9/17/2019 at 3:35 AM, mymiabear said:

Also, sometimes you have to drag the file into the sandbox for it to run.

Ive never had this issue...ever.

@funkyy Can you test Firefox, on both versions of Sandboxie (installed and Portable), also on another PC and report the results? Thanks

On 9/20/2019 at 2:48 AM, GlacialMan said:

@funkyy Can you test Firefox, on both versions of Sandboxie (installed and Portable), also on another PC and report the results? Thanks

Hello GlacialMan...I just read your post now (23 hours after you posted). I don't have access to another PC unfortunately, but I have the portable version that you posted above and it seems to be working fine...at least I'm not getting the error that appeared when I was using the installed version. I'm a first time user of Sandboxie so I haven't fully explored its ins and outs. But with the portable version I sandboxed my browser (Firefox 69.01) and it worked fine. If I come across any strange behaviour or error messages I'll let you know.:w00t::w00t::w00t:

I forgot to mention that with the installed version it gives you a "Sandboxed browser" icon...but with the portable version it just gives a general yellow Sandboxie icon on the desktop...and so you have to right click the icon in the task bar, go into "default box", and then select "run web browser". It's not a big deal, but having a "sandboxed browser" icon on the desktop was handy in the installed version.

sshot-2.png

sshot-3.png

Archived