Windows 10 Reactivation

JayDee

Hello,

I recently bought a Lenovo laptop with no operating system. I bought a Windows 10 Home license (v1803), installed it and activated it on my Lenovo. My question is the following. If I perform a clean installation using a bootable usb containing Windows 10 Home (v1903), does my windows activates automatically when connected to the internet or does it ask me to enter the activation code again to activate ?

Thank you

• Replies 5
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, JayDee said:

does my windows activates automatically when connected to the internet or does it ask me to enter the activation code again to activate ?

Yes, or you can make an activation backup.

We have this section HERE we can help you from there if you made a request

On 8/29/2019 at 8:21 AM, JayDee said:

does my windows activates automatically when connected to the internet or does it ask me to enter the activation code again to activate ?

On 8/29/2019 at 8:41 AM, cosy said:

Yes, or you can make an activation backup.

We have this section HERE we can help you from there if you made a request

Hey friend, do you understand what you said?
I can't.

1. Will then activate automatically
  2. or must always be reactivated with a key

• Jordan locked and unlocked this topic
7 minutes ago, Kalju said:

Hey friend, do you understand what you said?
I can't.

1. Will then activate automatically
  2. or must always be reactivated with a key

You can skip the key prompt during the installation and Windows will auto activate by contacting the Microsoft activation servers.

Updates or fresh installs of Win10 will keep Win10 activated. Only if you change multiple parts of your machine will the OS prompt for reactivation (if it suspects a new build), however,  if you have a MS account and log in through Win10, the digital license/ activation will save to your account, log in and it will reactivate. Most motherboards have the Win10 key saved, unless it was specifically bought without a pre-installed OS. Reactivation is likely, but during the update, no user intervention is needed

Thanks to Digital Entitlement, Microsoft now gives you a digital license for your Windows 10, as well as other Microsoft software, that you can save to the cloud, linking it to your Microsoft Account, so that whenever you fresh install Windows, the OS will get activated automatically

link windows 10 license microsoft account

SOURCE

Archived