anonym.to

frankl1n

Has nsane any ideas of trying a new anonymizing service? anonym.to has not fixed their security issue in over 2 weeks, certificate is invalid. What consequences could occur I do not know but it is important? correct?

• Replies 3
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/28/2019 at 1:39 PM, frankl1n said:

but it is important? correct?

ok seems not to be important to the forum staff, as for myself I will just download directly by removing https://anonym.to/?

from the links before proceeding to download.

• Administrator
On 9/2/2019 at 10:58 PM, frankl1n said:

ok seems not to be important to the forum staff, as for myself I will just download directly by removing https://anonym.to/?

from the links before proceeding to download.

Thanks for the information.

We are concerned about it and looking into it from the time you have mentioned it. We are also discussing it and are talking about the alternatives we can replace it with, while hoping that meanwhile anonym.to's owner fixes the certificate issue - remember, there is no known way to contact the site's owner and let them know about it.

We previously used to use anonymz.com but stopped using it due to some claims of privacy issues with it.

Also, replacing individual links manually is not going to be easy there.

Your connection is not private

This server could not prove that it is anonym.to; its security certificate expired 27 days ago. This may be caused by a misconfiguration or an attacker intercepting your connection. Your computer's clock is currently set to Friday, September 6, 2019. Does that look right? If not, you should correct your system's clock and then refresh this page.

NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID

Subject: anonym.to

Issuer: COMODO RSA Domain Validation Secure Server CA

Expires on: Aug 11, 2019

Current date: Sep 6, 2019

Why not just not link to the site ?

Archived