Missing notifications

TrojanK

I can see all notifications after July 25, 2019.

But I can't see any notifications (read/unread) before July 25, 2019.

Why? Where did they go?

I would like to see them now. Can you show them to me?

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Because there is a limited number for the notifications, and no you wouldn't see the old notifications.  

On 8/22/2019 at 1:32 AM, TrojanK said:

Can you tell me the number?

Looks like the limit isn’t a number, but the notifications’ age.  

Based on your OP and also checking mine, it seems to show only about a month’s worth.

I think You're talking about these notifications what are available on admin panel => Members => Member Settings => Notifications.
There is main settings but on right top corner is button "Notification Settings", it opens popup/modal window and there on the last line is settings how long the notifications are visible before deleting
Default is: Remove stored notifications After 90 or   Never

It seems like on this forum the time is set to 30 days, or one month. At least my reports shows that time.

Here is it...

Spoiler

AAM6gVBr0p13AAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

• Administrator
On 8/26/2019 at 5:25 AM, Kalju said:

I think You're talking about these notifications what are available on admin panel => Members => Member Settings => Notifications.
There is main settings but on right top corner is button "Notification Settings", it opens popup/modal window and there on the last line is settings how long the notifications are visible before deleting
Default is: Remove stored notifications After 90 or   Never

It seems like on this forum the time is set to 30 days, or one month. At least my reports shows that time.

Here is it...

Reveal hidden contents

You are correct. While I have gone through all the AdminCP settings, it's possible that some might be overlooked or forgotten. Eitherway, I do not think any increase is required and if it needs consideration then we will need Matt's approval for it as it may increase the database size I think.

@DKT27 

It is true that longer periods of time are generally not needed, in my opinion it could be even shorter. But it does not increase the database significantly, as it is only an indexed list where is a bit more or less indexes. There is nothing else.
Moreover, this is so and so visible in the user panel.
For example mine
https://www.nsaneforums.com/profile/45378-kalju/content/
There is all posts with all notifications, ie who reakted, who commented etc.

Archived