Malware RAT

vitorio

• Replies 7
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did you receive this via email ? if you did its a spam email and you can safely delete it, if its not provide me more info and ill tell you what it is

42 minutes ago, UpGrade said:

Did you receive this via email ? if you did its a spam email and you can safely delete it, if its not provide me more info and ill tell you what it is

Yes I received it in my email located as spam. Just deleted, thanks.

Funny enough I got two of the exact same emails in my hotmail yesterday.  I like to know how it was possible to get my windows logon password in the email.  Some sort of embedded script?  anyway I did what Vitorio did and just bin them.  I have no worries I dont have a web camera and certainly wasnt doing any work outs lol.  Kaspersky and Malwarebytes didnt find a thing on my drives.

Maybe this is the answer you're looking for:

They have my password! How did they get my password?

To make the threats more credible, these scammers may include one of your passwords in this email. The scammers have your password from sites that were hacked, and in this case, likely matched up to a database of emails and stolen passwords and sent this scam out to potentially millions of people. You can check if your email or password was compromised in a data breach on Haveibeenpwned.

If the password emailed to you is one that you still use, in any context whatsoever, stop using it and change it NOW. It's also recommended that you enable two-factor authentication for your email and online accounts whenever that is an option.

Source

I got a similar email 1 years ago in my mail, with my windows logon name and password.

One week later my ASUS motherboard started to hic the fans but unable be able to boot  ???  anyway did any type of virus can cause a motherboard to behave like, is the firmware (BIOS) damaged or infected preventing the pc from start ?

I just bin them, grab the hdd and tested with Malwarebytes and others didn't find a thing on my drives.

(P.S) Even cleaned everything, tried another power supply and removed the ram, hdd, gpu and tried to boot, but no  good,  the motherboard is the problem 😭 R.I.P have to build another peace by peace a pc, only lasts 5 years these days is ridiculous and expensive.

On 8/21/2019 at 3:51 AM, scarabou said:

Maybe this is the answer you're looking for:

They have my password! How did they get my password?

To make the threats more credible, these scammers may include one of your passwords in this email. The scammers have your password from sites that were hacked, and in this case, likely matched up to a database of emails and stolen passwords and sent this scam out to potentially millions of people. You can check if your email or password was compromised in a data breach on Haveibeenpwned.

If the password emailed to you is one that you still use, in any context whatsoever, stop using it and change it NOW. It's also recommended that you enable two-factor authentication for your email and online accounts whenever that is an option.

Source

Thanks for linking this saved me the job

Archived