Human rights group loses High Court challenge against UK Government’s mass surveillance powers

steven36

Human rights group Liberty has lost its latest High Court challenge against the Government’s mass surveillance powers.

https://s7d5.turboimg.net/sp/fc70cb4315bb7b0a1ad1cf7c682c80c9/1564412287393137608690509182.jpg

Liberty brought the challenge against parts of the Investigatory Powers Act (IPA) – dubbed the “Snoopers’ Charter” by critics – which allow intelligence agencies to obtain and store communications data, and take remote control of electronic devices through “bulk hacking”.

The group claimed the Government’s powers under IPA, which include the power to intercept the private information of the entire UK population, are too wide and therefore breach citizens’ human rights to privacy and freedom of expression.

At the High Court in London on Monday, Lord Justice Singh and Mr Justice Holgate dismissed Liberty’s claim that IPA was incompatible with human rights law.

Announcing the decision, Lord Justice Singh said the court rejected Liberty’s contention that IPA “does not contain sufficient safeguards against the risk of abuse of power”.

The judge added that IPA included several “safeguards against the possible abuse of power” in response to concerns about the existence of the “bulk powers” provided for by the Act.

Source

• Replies 1
  • Views 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Infinite_Vision

The UK is deeply controlled by their masters. And I don't mean the regular citizens or royal family.  A lot of the world transaction move through London and London have always be at the central of it all.  UK have MI5 and MI6.  Mi6 similar to the US NSA.  Even if the UK can't get the information what to say that the other five eyes can't do it.  It is a very scary time we live in.  Again, I have nothing to hide and I just live my life normally but it is concerning that our liberty are being eroded slowly every year.   The five eyes share a lot of intelligent gathering.  They locked up Tommy Robinson for reporting the news and he never had a proper trial.  And they did it to set an example for the rest of the UK citizen.  Though, I don't agree with all of Tommy's views but I respect that he is trying to bring the spotlight on liberty in the UK. 

That is why in the US, they are trying to take away the second amendment.  The forefather of the US saw this a long time a long.  They knew tyranny would come up again as they had to face tyranny in their struggle for freedom.  With nothing to protect yourself, you are powerless. 

Archived