Windows 10 or Windows 7 on Pentium G630?

Anishraj

Hey All,

I am planning to install windows 10 on my old systems which has the following specifications

Intel Pentium G630 - 2.7 Ghz

6 GB RAM

500 GB SATA Storage + 120 GB SSD

Current OS: Windows 7- 32 Bit

Request your recommendation as to whether i should install windows 10.

• Replies 29
  • Views 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Anishraj said:

Hey All,

I am planning to install windows 10 on my old systems which has the following specifications

6 GB RAM

dear Sir I think Win10 is too heavy for your dual-core CPU

stay with Win7 or, at the limit, choose W10 LTSC

regards

41 minutes ago, neofita said:

dear Sir I think Win10 is too heavy for your dual-core CPU

stay with Win7 or, at the limit, choose W10 LTSC

regards

Thanks for your answer neofita, will your opinion change if the system is used for non heavy intensive tasks like word, excel and few accounting softwares.

Install Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC on your 120 GB SSD. There will be no problems at all.

Your PC will run smoothly. Don't worry.

Stay away from Windows 7.

Regards,

18 minutes ago, jollydan said:

Install Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC on your 120 GB SSD. There will be no problems at all.

Your PC will run smoothly. Don't worry.

Stay away from Windows 7.

Regards,

Alright Thanks Jollydan :) 

"en_windows_10_business_edition_version_1903_updated_june_2019_x64_dvd_1f290297.iso"

CRC32: B6AF02E7
MD5: 91B9A1100904322DF5CD680E3ADF7491
SHA-1: 8269C37BD351176A8BFEF8607698D807CFC7B3A8

and

@Anishraj If you really want to upgrade to Windows 10, you can do it completely freely. This processor works with all versions of Windows 10.
My recommendation would be different from above given.
I would recommend first installing Windows 7 x64 (64-bit) Professional or Ultimate, activating it and then upgrading to Windows 10 using the Genuine Ticket method (this is completely official). 
You can freely upgrade to these versions using Windows 7 built in upgrading method using generic/common pro or ultimate installing key.
The result is Windows 10 Professional x64 (64-bit) with an activated digital license.
If you don't like it (ie Windows 10 Pro x64)for any reason, you can always upgrade to some another version of Windows 10, such as LTSC, N, Enterprise or whatever.
Of course, you need to activate Windows 7 x64 Professional or Ultimate before upgrading to Windows 10, for this you need another activation key that you probably do not have. However, in this case, the DAZ loader fits very well. It is all tested and used already about 4 years and it works perfectly.
There is also one another method, install clean Windows 10 and use HWID gen method, but if You're not very tech, it may be a bit problematical.
Good luck to you and don't do stupid things, do the right thing right away.

1 hour ago, Anishraj said:

Thanks for your answer neofita, will your opinion change if the system is used for non heavy intensive tasks like word, excel and few accounting softwares.

Are your applications (accounting) windows specific?

Another way would be to install linux, most main distro come with libreoffice. Installed on old laptops/desktops, working very fine.

3 hours ago, Anishraj said:

Hey All,

6 GB RAM

With 6GB of RAM you need to install a 64 Bits OS or the system will only take advantage of around 3GB of memory!

39 minutes ago, Kalju said:

@Anishraj If you really want to upgrade to Windows 10, you can do it completely freely. This processor works with all versions of Windows 10.
I would recommend first installing Windows 7 x64 (64-bit) Professional or Ultimate, activating it and then upgrading to Windows 10 using the Genuine Ticket method (this is completely official). 
You can freely upgrade to these versions using Windows 7 built in upgrading method using generic/common pro or ultimate installing key.
The result is Windows 10 Professional x64 (64-bit) with an activated digital license.
If you don't like it (ie Windows 10 Pro x64)for any reason, you can always upgrade to some another version of Windows 10, such as LTSC, N, Enterprise or whatever.
Of course, you need to activate Windows 7 x64 Professional or Ultimate before upgrading to Windows 10, for this you need another activation key that you probably do not have. However, in this case, the DAZ loader fits very well. It is all tested and used already about 4 years and it works perfectly.
There is also one another method, install clean Windows 10 and use HWID gen method, but if You're not very tech, it may be a bit problematical.

can one get ltsc with the Genuine Ticket method?

As much as I know, no. LTSC needs enterprise key. But there is no reason to go to enterprise activation, if You're home user. You can always remove or not install these apps what You don't need. So simple it is.

But even to remove is no reasons. So and so You need for installing W10 min 16GB free space, recommended 20GB.
And many things not possible uninstall, is only possible to hide. Ie, they stays in Your computer, windows uses them, but only You don't see them. That's all what You can do.
PS.

I may add that in this case I have a Dell laptop, Windows 10x64 Pro, just like it is in the original. I forgot, all updates are also installed and it is 1903. Also, there are only a few drivers added and it uses 14.1GB.

51 minutes ago, Kalju said:

so all the systems are running windows 7 home basic right now, so is it still possible?

and also i am planning to upgrade to LTSC instead of pro as it is lighter on the cpu

44 minutes ago, mp68terr said:

Are your applications (accounting) windows specific?

Another way would be to install linux, most main distro come with libreoffice. Installed on old laptops/desktops, working very fine.

yes the accounting softwares are windows specific

24 minutes ago, MrZeb said:

With 6GB of RAM you need to install a 64 Bits OS or the system will only take advantage of around 3GB of memory!

Yes Mr Zeb i will be installing 64 bit version

9 minutes ago, Anishraj said:

and also i am planning to upgrade to LTSC instead of pro as it is lighter on the cpu

I suggest not to upgrade, but install LTSC directly and activate it with KMS38

regards

jimbojet2011

Definitely Windows 10

😎

Minimum Hardware requirements for Windows Vista till Windows 10 are the same.

Best choice is Windows 10 because Windows 7 goes end of line in january 2020 and Windows 8/8.1 is not as good as Windows 10.

Win10 all the way, was a Win7 fan but we need to move ahead with the tide.

Best regards.

Same speed with Windows 7 x64 on 4GB RAM but Windows 10 LTSC is better (With no special effects)

ok.jpg

Definitely Win10. If Intel Atoms can run it, so can the old Pentium. And I feel like it actually needs less resources than 7 or 8.

• 4 weeks later...

Just get Windows 10 and install I have PC from 2009 with 4 GB and all is good.

windows 10 definitely as Windows 7 goes OOS in January 2020. just make sure there are motherboard drivers available. these are not available for my old system so i am stuck with windows 7, soon going to shift to ubuntu or something else which my sister finds easy to use as she also uses system sometimes.

Archived