IDM Integration In Palemoon v28

lurch234

IDM has consistently refused to work on a addon for Palemoon. Until now!! :clap:

Problem is that the usual xpi files in your IDM folder still won't work.

Frustrated with this I found was is needed on Palemoons forum.

xpi file:

Site: https://www.upload.ee
Sharecode: /files/10180053/idmmzcc-palemoon.rar.html

To use: Click "Open file..." in the "file" tab of your browser and select the xpi file.

Source: 

https://forum.palemoon.org/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=22042&p=169826&hilit=IDM#p170010

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is one of the reasons i only used Firefox when on Windows , Waterfox always had the same problem  , On Linux i don't have that problem because no IDM   but is a problem for  XDM  so mostly i just use J Downloader and  Uget  with  Flashgot on Linux .

1 minute ago, steven36 said:

That is one of the reasons i only used Firefox when on Windows

Yeah, I know. That would have solved the problem but at the expense of other addons I simply will not part with.

So I kept Cyberfox installed and whenever I needed to download a video I started it up and pasted the url.:doh:

Just now, lurch234 said:

Yeah, I know. That would have solved the problem but at the expense of other addons I simply will not part with.

So I kept Cyberfox installed and whenever I needed to download a video I started it up and pasted the url.:doh:

I used Cyberfox  on Windows for years  they hated  the changes so much they  stop making it  so i went back to Firefox. So  once i started using Linux i went to using Waterfox to get security updates. your better off using Palemoon because of security updates still Waterfox work for way more legacy addons than Palemoon do  but  you can make by  with what Palemoon has.  that's kind how i use all my browsers  i use Waterfox  mostly  but i have Open With  addon and can open a page up with Firefox , Chromium or Brave .

1 minute ago, steven36 said:

still Waterfox work for way more legacy addons than Palemoon do  but  you can make by  with what Palemoon has

I tried Waterfox a while back and unfortunately it didn't support one of my addons. Don't remember which. Just my luck, wouldn't you say? lol

1 minute ago, lurch234 said:

I tried Waterfox a while back and unfortunately it didn't support one of my addons. Don't remember which. Just my luck, wouldn't you say? lol

Well what works best for you is what matters , I been using Waterfox on Linux for 2 years now  i sometimes think about switching but i don't

Just stick with Chromium based builds.  Better supported, more stable.  🤳

Archived