Remove ms-resourceAppName-Text from Start Menu

Knightmare

Knightmare

I just noticed an item in my start menu for Windows 10 called ms-resourceAppName-Text. Not sure how it got there or how to remove it. It seems to be a damaged Appx file, but when I tried to find the folder/file in the Appx folder, it's not there. Anyone know how to get rid of this item from the start menu?

image.png

image.png

I'm using Windows 10 Pro x64 1903 build 18362.207

• Replies 2
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Old story. It happens if You upgrade to new version and the new version don have no more some apps, what was in previous.  So the app itself will be removed, registry entries are still there. If registry cleaning don't help, is only one method to get rid of such obsolete things, it's clean install.
About exactly the same problem has been under discuss alredy at least 2-3 years, but still nobody havent found any other solution. Have been tested everything and written tens, maybe even hundreds articles, but no solutions. Only new clean install.
But You can try some good registry tool, for example Registry First Aid Premium.

PS!

Forgot, if You use it or some other tool, run it in administrator privileges. On other ways it may not repair all errors.

And if it is done, restart computer is mandatory.

If you are looking for Registry First Aid on this forum, you should know that the latest version is not working, use the penultimate, it works. And of course - do not forgot make full registry backup - just in case.

Knightmare

Kind of sad that Microsoft doesn't offer a fix for this. It seems so simple. How is it that something can exist in the Start Menu yet can't be easily deleted? Hopefully they fix that in the next version.

Archived