Port scans after nsane visit?

Radpop

Bitdefender has blocked several port scans just after I've finished visit on nsane during last two, three months. IP addresses were from Netherlands, China...

What I should think about these scans?

🤔

• Replies 21
  • Views 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm Sorry, this is not the answer to your question and it can be deleted at any time!

1. History has shown that thinking is very dangerous to health.
  2. Recommendation:  
    Keep your health and avoid excessive thinking if you want to live for long time and painlessly.

Guest guest

create a firewall rule blocking all inbound connection in all interfaces, all address, all ports

close ports, go to softpedia and get a free utility for that

create/block a firewall rule blocking all system connection but core networking dhc and core networking dns + software you use

create a rule blocking ping outbound

install ublock origin and disable javascript

I don't use my big brains for system control, brains have more important tasks to do. I trust Bitdefender which is the best antivirus available. 🤩

Some ports are already closed:

op.PNG

7 hours ago, Radpop said:

I don't use my big brains for system control, brains have more important tasks to do. I trust Bitdefender which is the best antivirus available. 🤩

Some ports are already closed:

op.PNG

Hi..

Is Bitdefender the best antivirus when comparing with NOD32 and Kaspersky.  I am currently using NOD32. Should i rather use Bitdefender for better security on my pc.

straycat19
12 hours ago, Radpop said:

Bitdefender has blocked several port scans just after I've finished visit on nsane during last two, three months. IP addresses were from Netherlands, China...

🤔

You trust an antivirus to protect your computer?  I haven't used an AV in years.  I use a good firewall and Software Restriction Policies.  So you can scan my VPN IP address all day long, but you won't get anything.  I test a duplicate system every month with the latest malware and none of them have ever infected it or encrypted anything, simply because they can't run.

@Radpop Allow to ask if you are using VPN, proxy, some Dynamic IP or dynamic service or something similar.
Or You have some software, what uses similar things to "call home", give feedback, etc.

3 hours ago, Radpop said:

Latest: 1.PNG

City: Thousand Oaks

Region: California

Internet Service Provider: unknown

Hostname: unknown

Organization: CNSERVERS LLC

They use -  NetRange: 23.248.192.0 - 23.248.255.255

• Administrator

From what I can understand, you might be using a proxy or a VPN when accessing the forums. Still you are having this problem is surprising. Try enabling the adblocker and see there.

Might be worth deleting the cookies too.

• Administrator
11 hours ago, small potatoes said:

port scans,  cdn.viglink.com background services, and tracking attempts (resources.infolinks.com and ajax.cloudflare.com.)

Maybe should put on a condom before visiting these forums? :dunno:

Viglink was one of my testing. We've always been using infolinks on the forums and nsane.down. Nothing is new about this. 

@Radpop

On an experimental basis you might want to try the following ad. blocking rule temporarily on all your browsers to see whether it resolves your issue::—

||nsaneforums.com/discover^$domain=nsaneforums.com,important

Delete the rule if it doesn't work or if you feel that the site auto-refresh that updates latest posts is more important to you.

@dcs18

added rule to Adguard

@DKT27

yes, i use vpn, Adguard, and don't store cookies over sessions

I tried nmap to scan my open ports, and it didn't find any.

Bitdefender sees so much: If I visit https://whatleaks.com/, BD warns of port scan.

• 1 month later...
On 7/1/2019 at 10:13 AM, Radpop said:

🤔

portscans are done at random and especially if you have used

bittorrent to download stuff. these days bots know which series

of available networks to scan so it could be a random scan not

even related to nsane forum visit.

7 hours ago, halvgris said:

portscans are done at random and especially if you have used

bittorrent to download stuff

Maybe random but there isn't direct connection to any normal download or downloads, and I don't use any torrents. Libreoffice is only torrent I've ever downloaded, and this was done only because of testing Brave browser. Maybe boring but mostly I watch local TV or update Windows and other software.

Detected port scans originate mostly from US. Some addresses are blocked many times.

Easiest way to get rid of these scans could be to use another AV than Bitdefender, but it's too late to get blind after having seen light. 🤩

You could have a zero-day risk that is trying to communicate, which is blocked by the portscan protection inside BD, just a guess. Otherwise, as said, they are usually random but you or someone had to have put your public IP out there somewhere where ppl bite. The only time I see a portscan warning is inside the network where one PC is broadcasting to another, never the internet facing IP.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived