The Deepnude App

Katzenfreund

Katzenfreund

The Deepnude app used AI to produce a realistic nude version of the photo of a dressed woman, preferably wearing a tight-fitting bikini.

There was a free version that placed a large watermark FAKE, and a premium version on subscription that produced better quality (higher resolution) results with a small watermark at the corner, that could be easily removed.

However, hours after exposing the app, the site went offline due to overwhelming demand, as was said at the time, while today the decision has been announced on twitter that all distribution and development activity is to stop immediately.
The reason given was that they “greatly underestimated” interest in the project and that “the probability that people will misuse it is too high.”

As there was the potential, nay certainty, of making lots of money on it, one can only suspect that the developers got scared of possible legal actions against them by celebs and feminists. As someone put it on twitter:
“yep, a tsunami of lawsuits from wealthy celebrities ready to say they felt raped because the app removed that thin almost non existent bikini they wore on the beach 1 year ago hahahah”
To which one may add, “…the same celebs that already appeared nude on screen, but that was for...artistic purposes.”

Well, it seems the world wasn’t ready for such an app…

...However, that’s only the story so far, because how can you make something so popular and already downloaded many thousands of times just disappear from the web? I consider as certainties that there will be:
pirated versions of the app around for downloading, and
plenty developers that will start work on improving it.

In fact, there are already claims of cracked premium versions without watermark on offer, e.g. at reddit, if anybody is interested for...educational purposes. :rolleyes:

https://www.theverge.com/2019/6/27/18761496/deepnude-shuts-down-deepfake-nude-ai-app-women

• Replies 13
  • Views 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Deepfake and fakespeech is being developed by major companies. I fail to see the proper use of it but news media find it interesting. But as soon as "Alberto" develops a simpler (and cheaper and maybe even rather crappy) DeepNude shit hits the fan. Shouldn't we be discussing how to regulate or - as regulation will never work if there's money involved - how to digitally expose the manipulation of pictures? http://fotoforensic.com/ gives some help, but still it's not easy and not able to spot all manipulations.

Maybe the only way to go around this is to demand that all available browsers should include some kind of manipulation detection before even rendering the photo.

mastershake

looks like the sub reddit is gone now. anyone know of any other sources id like to check it out im curious 

DeepNude Windows v2.0.0 Premium

Site: http://www.mediafire.com
Sharecode: /file/npo2cf9tib3221i/DeepNude_Windows_v2.0.0_Premium.7z/file

13 minutes ago, mp68terr said:

File size: 1.93GB

Is that only the app?

That is it.  It works as advertised.

Moved from Software News.

(Interesting :) , but not really news so better here)

Katzenfreund

Alternatively to the link given above, if you have trouble downloading such a big file from Mediafire, it's also available on torrents with lots of seeds, which proves its popularity. You can easily search for it, e.g. at TPB or using

https://ibit.uno/

Its easy to guess why the app's size is so big, its because it stores thousands of pics of the required body parts. What the so called AI does is superimpose some other person's pic over the given person's pic. This is a bit like the site - this person doesn't exists. These kind of things have been done by people using photo manipulating software for a long time.

But they are bad things because there is no good use for them.

This kind of superimposing some other person's pic is really dangerous as it can be used to tarnish some body's image.

Just imagine a situation where somebody's pic is used to make him /her look like doing some illegal work like killing some body.

1 hour ago, Jogs said:

Its easy to guess why the app's size is so big, its because it stores thousands of pics of the required body parts. What the so called AI does is superimpose some other person's pic over the given person's pic. This is a bit like the site - this person doesn't exists. These kind of things have been done by people using photo manipulating software for a long time.

But they are bad things because there is no good use for them.

This kind of superimposing some other person's pic is really dangerous as it can be used to tarnish some body's image.

Just imagine a situation where somebody's pic is used to make him /her look like doing some illegal work like killing some body.

The app is for personal entertainment only.

• 2 weeks later...

What are the system requirements to run this program? I heard it only runs on Win 10? Is that true? 

34 minutes ago, werty12345 said:

What are the system requirements to run this program? I heard it only runs on Win 10? Is that true? 

I have no idea.  Since it is no longer supported there is not a list of system requirements, and I haven't used Windows 7 since the first Windows 8 beta arrived.

• 2 weeks later...
Katzenfreund
On 7/14/2019 at 4:53 PM, werty12345 said:

According to my info, it works on Windows and Linux. Furthermore, the program is portable, so it needs no installation.

The program is resource-intensive, so you need a fairly powerful computer. If yours is not, close all other apps to preserve resources.

Archived