Simply curiosity...

Kalju

Yes, it is simply curiosity. 

Is the using of cdn.viglink.com background services the official and conscious choice of the forum owner/administrator(s), or does it happen secretly on somebody's own initiative?

• Replies 12
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, small potatoes said:

Im a n00b but googled "cdn.viglink.com background services" and it doesnt sound good, @Kalju could you please elaborate? 

As I said, just because of curiosity, I ask why they are here. I don't know why. 

Look around with open eyes, I think, you will find some. As I said, these are hidden links.

1 hour ago, Kalju said:

Yes, it is simply curiosity. 

Is the using of cdn.viglink.com background services the official and conscious choice of the forum owner/administrator(s), or does it happen secretly on somebody's own initiative?

Don't know how they are originally implemented, but they are anyway blocked by umatrix/ublock.

37 minutes ago, small potatoes said:

are you sure the forums are compromised and that it isnt your computer?

Sorry. Who is compromised or what is compromised or how is someone's computer related if to speak about hidden links what are related to earn money? Can not understand anything what about You're speaking.

Just someone earns money. This is what I asked.

Don't believe that this is the only one that is used, but it is new. It was introduced not very long ago. I discovered it about a week ago.

25 minutes ago, mp68terr said:

It appears after allowing cloudflare.

Not true, it appeared about a 1.5 week ago and is still there. It's true, that most of adblockers blocks these links and usually they are unvisible, runs on background and sometimes shows advertisements, sometimes redirects to another sites, sometimes shows popups etc. But they are also used as tracking links etc. 
There is many things where they may be used. Very often the owner of website even don't know about them, usually they are copied from other websites with ohther copied content etc. 
That's why is the copying dangerous. Only if is copyied plain text, this malware content don't will not go to new site. But sad is this, that many people don't know about such a things nothing, even don't belive if somebody tell them. The same is here. 
I also don't belive, that such a things are used that such things are deliberately used, but yet no one prohibits copying. Moreover, copying all content with formatting and all the malware that the source contains. So I think, that our staff haven't did it, but somebody is and it is still here.
I can tell you that I've been dealing with web things, with virus issues, etc. for about 20 years and I usually see when something is like it shouldn't be.

5 minutes ago, Kalju said:

Not true...

Some misunderstanding here.

I did not speak about when this viglink thing appeared in the forum or in the web. I simply pointed out that it appears (as blocked in umatrix) after the ad-blocker allows cloudflare. 

;)

No idea about how bad it is, but good to have sentinels around.

• Administrator
27 minutes ago, Kalju said:

they are very annoying.

I can't agree more.

Right now I found that the message about these links on the page has disappeared. I don't know, are they discovered and disappeared forever or it is only temporary and casual phenomenon.

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Kalju said:

temporary

Nothing in this life is permanently.

It's true! Nothing in this life is permanently. And also most of things and processes don't depend of us.

Archived