Encryption

• Replies 23
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why?
What do you want to discuss?

About what version?

There are several topics about WIndows where you can ask or post your opinion.

Got 100% high disk usage at startup on my laptop, ever since v1809. In Task Manager, the culprit are from some Microsoft apps. Updated successfully to v1903 last week, got stuck at 99% downloading status, decided to restart after half-an-hour of waiting, resumed the 99% downloading status, then after 24 minutes it reached 100%, and completed the update in three hours. But still have the problem.

15 minutes ago, anakin206 said:

Why?
What do you want to discuss?

About what version?

There are several topics about WIndows where you can ask or post your opinion.

About all versions of Windows 10 Pro. Thank you.

1 hour ago, Encryption said:

Got 100% high disk usage at startup on my laptop, ever since v1809. In Task Manager, the culprit are from some Microsoft apps. Updated successfully to v1903 last week, got stuck at 99% downloading status, decided to restart after half-an-hour of waiting, resumed the 99% downloading status, then after 24 minutes it reached 100%, and completed the update in three hours. But still have the problem. 

disable cortana(search) all features using group policies(gpedit.msc) and other online synchronizing features

this may be or may not be fix your issue give it a try

sea.thumb.PNG.6e0ec5d77a70382c93b2e4c4fd2737d8.PNG

may be It’s the Spectre/Meltdown update which was released last month:think:by MS

This haves nothing to do with windows 10 pro. 

upgrading to newer builds  can have problems.

Better do a clean install with newest windows 10

OR you have problems with youre pc

Maybe this could help you

Smart Fix Tool

Download

On 6/21/2019 at 10:41 PM, IBNHAGAR said:

how to disable cortana search?

Disable Cortana Search

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Search]
"AllowCortana"=dword:00000000

Enable Cortana Search

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Search]
"AllowCortana"=dword:00000001

Pro and Enterprise Users: Disable Cortana via Group Policy (See attached images)

1. First, launch the group policy editor by pressing Windows + R, typing gpedit.msc into the box, and pressing Enter or OK.
  2. Navigate to Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Search. (See attached images)
  3. Locate the “Allow Cortana” setting in the right pane and double-click it.
  4. Set the Allow Cortana option to “Disabled” and then click “OK”.
  5. You can now close the group policy editor. You’ll have to sign out and sign back in–or restart your PC–for this change to take effect.
  6. To re-enable Cortana, return here, double-click the “Enable Cortana” setting, and change it to “Not Configured” or “Enabled”.

Spoiler

img2.jpg

img3.png

For more info visit this site

8 hours ago, Encryption said:

1. Got 100% high disk usage at startup on my laptop

It shows that your cpu is completely OK but not very powerful, within a few minutes 100% is perfectly normal. Time depends on how much you have processes and programs what running when Windows starts.

2. got stuck at 99% downloading status, decided to restart after half-an-hour of waiting, resumed the 99% downloading status, then after 24 minutes it reached 100%, and completed the update in three hours. But still have the problem.

There may be two reasons (usually two, but there may be more)
1. Your computer is not cleaned of old files and temporary files
you need to clear specific folders %Temp% and %windir%\SoftwareDistribution\Download
2. Another reason is slow internet
3. this is one option but it rarely happens - your hard drive is not good, needs checking and fix it if necessary

On 6/27/2019 at 5:35 AM, uffbros said:

@Kalju...On your post above about disabling Cortana..I don't have #3 in right hand pane????? I have 10 Pro 1903

This is true in version 1903 removed, use the registry editing method. It works. I use it myself and works great.

16 minutes ago, Ha91 said:

how to convert bios fixed windows 10 home to pro (for an educational purpose)?

There is nothing to convert.

Install the retail pro version and activate the pro version with the pro version activation key or use a digital license.
If home version already installed, use generic pro version key and your windows will be automatically updated to pro. (turn off internet, change key and then connect to internet again). If upgrading ends, it is then necessary to activate.

thanks :D  also, will it remain like that if backup my license after pro and then recover it later?

4 minutes ago, Ha91 said:

thanks :D  also, will it remain like that if backup my license after pro and then recover it later?

There is nothing to back up, it is digitally connected to a specific computer or computer and to your Microsoft account. Both options are possible. All of this happens automatically.
My recommendation is to register your computer with a Microsoft account and you do not need to do anything else to sign in to your account after reinstalling.

49 minutes ago, leapinlizards said:

@Ha91 - I used MSActBackUp.

@Ha91 Can You tell how to use it, if it doesn't work with Windows 10?

Capturex.PNG

Capturex2.PNG

@Kalju Oh, yes, you are correct.

I do not understand. I changed my hard-drive and it only helped restore my Windows ID using the email ID but the office activation is not found. Any suggestions to restore it?

15 minutes ago, Ha91 said:

@Kalju Oh, yes, you are correct.

I do not understand. I changed my hard-drive and it only helped restore my Windows ID using the email ID but the office activation is not found. Any suggestions to restore it?

Which Office is it and how was activated? With activation key, online (Microsoft account), with some activator?

Office 2016 VL and using the permanent method on bios (basically one that's with hardware).

Check if there is any activation key. If so, remove it (recommended restart) and try activate again. If You know, there is no key, try to activate again.

But do you remember how you activated it? What kind of key You used or used some activator or got Your key from Microsoft.
If really don't remember, look for VL activation on this forum or using Google search and select something.

Archived