Microsoft Office Version Selection

654321ROD

Please explain to me why it is that the latest versions of MS Office are supposedly much better than earlier versions. I use MSO 2010 at home and MSO 2013 at the office and have tested MSO 2019 extensively to find that MSO 2010 does everything I need.

Am I missing something? Why go to the unnecessary expense  and effort of using later versions if one really does not need it.

Is there a comparison table of the capabilities of all versions of Microsoft Office which highlights the pros and cons of each.

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You are absolutely right. Most people don't need it. Never in lifetime. And yet, most people who have it, such as on work, uses only a few percent of the resource what is there at all possible.
Ah, you asked - who needs it?
Of course only Microsoft, they need to keep a reputation, they must make money.

i do use 2007 version and happy with it

Once a wise man said: What ever version you are using, if it does what you need then stay with it.

if you've read articles on George RR Martin who has typed his novels with WORDSTAR PRO 4.0 from 1984, you understand that it isn't the software that makes the great work, it is the mind of the man that matters.. 

Office software isn't rocket science.. and innovations aren't plenty recently.. So unless you have a itching case of FOMO - FEAR OF MISSING OUT... there is nothing really important to miss.. 

Some feature got really useful in 2010 compared to 2010. 2013 handles better pictures mixed with drawing elements (grouping) and it's easier to center or put something in the middle with the appearing guidelines in Word and Powerpoint.

Video management in ppt is better in later version. I'm sure there are other nice stuff but as you said, it's mostly useless to upgrade...

The rest is mostly collaboration tools and cloud integration, which are quite useless for home users or people who are already using synced cloud storage.

I'm still using Office 2003🤣🤣🤣 (I kid you not!!!!)

On 6/20/2019 at 11:45 AM, SiNAN said:

i do use 2007 version and happy with it

Once a wise man said: What ever version you are using, if it does what you need then stay with it.

Gotcha, I had a feeling it might just be me.     Money making racket for MS in essence.   

Archived