Are cheap Office 2019 keys safe?

s7range

I know these keys are illegal. They are extremely cheap and the ebay listings get taken down fairly quickly. My question is if cheap Office 2019 keys are safe to use.   

I've activated the software with a cheap key and the Account Privacy -> Manage Settings menu says "Some privacy options are managed by your organization's admin..." So it doesn't display/let me change anything. 
Is there a way that the administrator/the person I bought the key from can spy on me, infect my machine with malware, steal my data or anything like that? What powers does said administrator have?

Thank you very much and sorry for the newbie question.

• s7range changed the title to Are cheap Office 2019 keys safe?
  • Replies 6
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
luisbandalap

Hi s7range,

I've also got some office keys from ebay, it activated my office but if i wanted to reinstall it i was unable to activate again.

Instead i got some cheap corporate/educational office 365 accounts also from ebay with and i haven't had any problems so far.

Unless you join your pc to a domain the most dangerous thing the person on the other side could do is change your office settings or deactivate the product.

Why take all this risk? Just install 5mb kisskms android app(apk available on mdl forum kms tools section) in your mobile & activate any MS product anywhere by simply using your mobile. The money you use to buy such keys is not going to MS anyway so better use such tool & donate that money to some NGO.

42 minutes ago, guest_999 said:

Why take all this risk? Just install 5mb kisskms android app(apk available on mdl forum kms tools section) in your mobile & activate any MS product anywhere by simply using your mobile. The money you use to buy such keys is not going to MS anyway so better use such tool & donate that money to some NGO.

the risk of loosing 2 ukp / 2 usd isn't really comparable to download potential PUP.

a also got educational office 365 accounts and 2 different windows 10 home versions

for myself. a microsoft nerd checked one of mine it was a genuine w10home retail.

my brother got a w10pro no problem.

however i know another mate runs win10home probably with kms tools but i rather

keep my windows clean. 

6 hours ago, halvgris said:

the risk of loosing 2 ukp / 2 usd isn't really comparable to download potential PUP.

a also got educational office 365 accounts and 2 different windows 10 home versions

for myself. a microsoft nerd checked one of mine it was a genuine w10home retail.

my brother got a w10pro no problem.

however i know another mate runs win10home probably with kms tools but i rather

keep my windows clean. 

You have more chances of getting malware from browsing than using kms tools from mdl site(just in case you don't know,the famous win 7 DAZ loader probably used by millions was created by an admin of that site & any tool released over there with its separate thread is checked by multiple members & admins).Also the tool I suggested is an android app,you don't even install it in windows.

• 1 month later...
On 6/20/2019 at 8:36 AM, luisbandalap said:

Hi s7range,

I've also got some office keys from ebay, it activated my office but if i wanted to reinstall it i was unable to activate again.

Instead i got some cheap corporate/educational office 365 accounts also from ebay with and i haven't had any problems so far.

Unless you join your pc to a domain the most dangerous thing the person on the other side could do is change your office settings or deactivate the product.

You can backup your office license by MS Activation Backup tool you will find on thread

Check first page tools, where you will get links to Download

• 2 months later...

i have had quite a few keys off of ebay for windows mainly but have had a couple of office too.  when i have had a key that didnt work i just messaged them and they sent a new one. the ebayers that sell these really dont want bad feedback!! they use stealth accounts to sell these and dont want them shut down, well not until they have made some money and enough to covers the cost of there stealth account(if they purchsed it)

the windows im using now  has had the same (ebay) key for 3 years and updates aswell :) 

Archived