Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
spudboy

Win10 KB4503293 Blocks Bootup and Causes Display Issues

Recommended Posts

spudboy

Microsoft rolled out a new series of Patch Tuesday cumulative updates to all Windows 10 versions. These updates fixed some known issues introduced by the previous builds.

 

Soon after Microsoft pushed KB4503293, Windows 10 users started to complain about booting issues on Microsoft’s forums. At the time of writing this article, there is no official workaround for this bug.

 

Therefore, if you have not installed the update yet, it is better to pause the updates for a few days. Otherwise, you may experience some serious issues after installing KB4503293.

 

These are not the only issues that users complained about. Keep in mind that KB4503293 may also break Windows Sandbox for some.

PC won’t turn on after KB4503293

Quite a few Windows 10 users who installed KB4503293 on their systems reported running into startup issues.

 

The users stated that their systems were previously working fine with Windows 10 v1903. Here’s how one user described this problem:

I have a trouble after updating my PC with the package “Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1903 for x64-based Systems (KB4503293)”. Then the PC could not boot anymore, what I see and hear are:
– 4-long-beep cycle.
– No display, keyboard and mouse sign.
– Removal of RAMs and GPU board did not change status.

Screen brightness adjustment issues

It seems that KB4503293 introduced some screen brightness issues as well.

BUT yesterday after 2019-06 Cumulative Update KB4503293.. the change in brightness NO LONGER adjusts when the machine is plugged or not plugged in.

Actually, this is not a new issue as such problems existed in previous builds as well. The tech giant released the necessary patches to fix the bug at that time.

 

We’re sure Microsoft is working on fixing these issues. However, you need to wait a few more days until the company releases the hotfixes.

SOURCE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
spudboy

I personally experienced the no boot issue. My tower was successfully booting only once out of every up to 5-10 times. The rest it would either be a blank screen with a blinking cursor or the message "Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key_". Problem completely gone after uninstalling KB4503293.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
zinoswink

I've had no issues with 2 desktops & 1 laptop after installing the KB4503293 cumulative update.

1 desktop and the laptop were clean installs of v1903 followed by KB4503293.

The other desktop retained the apps and settings for the the v1903 install and then KB4503293.

 

I assume I was fortunate in that my hardware had no cumulative update conflicts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
steven36
Posted (edited)

LOL , I was wondering when the  fanboys  swearing Windows 10 don't have problems would show up . Windows 10 was the reason  i  started using Linux  back in 2015 i was a Windows fanboy tell then. My hard-drive crashed using windows 10  ,Google  Windows 10 breaks hard drives and see all the post about it . Shame is Microsoft dont care there migrating  away from Windows because Linux on Azure  makes them more money than Windows does  , Windows is really a lost for them. it cost them too much money to keep makeing , they  do things to try to get people to not want to use it ,:hehe:

Edited by steven36

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
zigzag

Windows 10 updates become so unstable that i had to switch my os.

I am tired of reinstalling my os each time they release a buggy update.

They didn't learn from their mistakes. They continue forcing their way until everybody leave their products.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lolsee2

Seems to be quite unstable , my  friend installed KB4503293 and his laptop start to crash every now and then ..... And I have heard of other issues from some other people as well such slower boot up 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kalju

If somebody have such a problem, then it is not related to this update (KB 4503293) anyway (or maybe better is to say any way). All computers, where I have installed it (them is not very few), works absolutely perfectly and any of them doesn't have slow boot, even one  what is relly very old, with 1,67GHz proccessor and two core Intel (64nm technology) boot less than 20 seconds. None have never had any blue or green window.
So the only what I can say, there is absolutely no problems with this KB 4503293. 
The problems must be related with something else.
Problems must be caused by something else. Usually the reason is not the proper Windows, wrong drivers, etc. Very often the computer owner himself, who knows only where is on/off button and power cord.

It is very difficult to understand how people do not want to admit that they do not know in most cases nothing about a computer. And they never think that their own little knowledge and skills are a problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
zinoswink
8 hours ago, steven36 said:

LOL , I was wondering when the  fanboys  swearing Windows 10 don't have problems would show up . Windows 10 was the reason  i  started using Linux  back in 2015 i was a Windows fanboy tell then. My hard-drive crashed using windows 10  ,Google  Windows 10 breaks hard drives and see all the post about it . Shame is Microsoft dont care there migrating  away from Windows because Linux on Azure  makes them more money than Windows does  , Windows is really a lost for them. it cost them too much money to keep makeing , they  do things to try to get people to not want to use it ,:hehe:

Never said Windows 10 hasn't had issues, although for me personally and others I support, it has been minimal since its release.

Just relating my experience with the last cumulative update.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
steven36
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, zinoswink said:

Never said Windows 10 hasn't had issues, although for me personally and others I support, it has been minimal since its release.

Just relating my experience with the last cumulative update.

Always every since Windows 10 came out its same old :shit: on these forums  , When someone has a  problem  fanboys say they don't have a  problem for every issue  that don't fix peoples problems that have issues . 100s  of useless  post  of no benefit to no one. No bugs in Windows 10 effected everyone  all of the time if you don't have a solution you only add to the problem, telling someone your system is fine want fix there problem  it just makes it looks  like your  a corporate :moon: kisser. What's said up there in the  3rd post  has been said a 1000 times since 2015 you guys sound like  a broken record  and Its pretty bad when i can predict  whats going to be said next  as soon someone post a topic about  a bug in Windows , You guys need to get some new materiel  .:rolleyes:

Edited by steven36

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
zinoswink
4 minutes ago, steven36 said:

Always every since Windows 10 came out its same old :shit: on these forums  , When someone has a  problem  famboys say they have  don't have a  problem for every issue  that don't fix peoples problems that have issues  100s  of useless  post  of no benefit to no one. No bugs in Windows 10 effected everyone  all of the time if you don't have a solution you only add to problem telling some one your system is fine want fix there problem  it just makes it looks  like your  a corporate :moon: kisser

Sorry but since I didn't experience the issue with the cumulative update KB4503293, I had no need to search for any solution, and so I have none.

This thread was about issues (or lack thereof) with that update but it has now strayed off course.

I hope you feel better after your venting.

By the way, I like Rhonda Rousey!

You go girl!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
steven36
Just now, zinoswink said:

Sorry but since I didn't experience the issue with the cumulative update KB4503293, I had no need to search for any solution, and so I have none.

This thread was about issues (or lack thereof) with that update but it has now strayed off course.

I hope you feel better after your venting.

By the way, I like Rhonda Rousey!

You go girl!

I gave up on Windows 10  a million bugs ago , and it really didn't have anything to do with any one bug if you been testing software as long as me you know its not right . Every 6 months they roll out a major update and it takes them 3 months to get most of the bugs out of it  , software becomes incompatible and if you don't  have the money to buy it and there's no working fix your just out of luck  and it breaks  any customizing (Tweeks) you did on  for privacy , looks  and for performance . Every time you do one of there untested  updates they roll out in a hurry for 0 day exploits   you take a big risk of botching your system .   Your best bet is to embrace open source , community maintained updates and reap the benefits and profit , but if you like the abuse its OK with me if its OK with you as long i don't have to use there software ,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The AchieVer
Posted (edited)

Microsoft Issues Windows 10 Upgrade Warning

 

Recently, Windows 10 has combined strange choices and serious problems with an honest (if overly complex) attempt to make things better. But now trouble has struck again. 

 

Windows 10 updates are still a minefieldWindows 10 updates are still a minefield

Windows 10 updates are still a minefield

 STEVE KOTECKI

 

Spotted by the eagle eyes of Windows Latest, Microsoft has warned users that its new KB4503327 security upgrade can cause a ‘Black Screen’. The bug hits the first time you restart your computer after installing the update and, as the name suggests, leaves you with a completely black screen and no small sense of worry. 

 

Microsoft states it is “working on a resolution” but has not given a timescale for the fix. In the meantime, Microsoft says “press Ctrl+Alt+Delete, then select the Power button in the lower right corner of the screen and select Restart.” Microsoft states your computer “should” restart normally at this point. 

 

Interestingly, Microsoft is downplaying the problem, saying only a “small number” of users are affected but Windowsreport contradicts this, noting that “many” users have been impacted. Perhaps controversially, Microsoft has decided not to stop the rollout of KB4503327 so, regardless of how many computers have already been hit by the Black Screen bug the number is only going to increase. 

 

In personal opinion, given the scariness felt by an average user seeing their computer boot to a completely black screen, Microsoft should stop the rollout of this update until a fix is found. The vast majority of Windows 10 users are not reading update support pages and I can see a lot of ‘tech support’ calls being made to friends and relatives. 

 

Microsoft recently claimed Windows 10 users would receive more “control, quality and transparency” over software updates but, having also recently pushed an update which will permanently (and intentionally) disable some users’ Bluetooth devices, I’ve seen little evidence of this so far. 

 

The time is fast approaching for hundreds of millions of Windows 7 users to upgrade their operating systems. But, as it stands, Microsoft is not doing a great job of convincing them Windows 10 should be their next destination.

 

 

Source

Edited by Karlston
Tidied formatting

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mach1
16 hours ago, steven36 said:

I was wondering when the  fanboys  swearing Windows 10 don't have problems would show up .

 

One thing to consider about windows 10 user and I am one who has brought a new machine with win10 pre installed we have 12 months of win10 weather we like it or not I can say this my machine came with 1809 and now 1903 and I have never been a fan or fanboy of win10 but with out a doubt this for me is better and faster than win7 or win8 and until you purchase a new machine you wont believe me and that's fine but while ever your using older rigs win10 will or may be problematic that's how technology goes caters more for the new rather than the old that's all part of the game of creating a market.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
spudboy
17 hours ago, Kalju said:

If somebody have such a problem, then it is not related to this update (KB 4503293) anyway (or maybe better is to say any way). All computers, where I have installed it (them is not very few), works absolutely perfectly and any of them doesn't have slow boot, even one  what is relly very old, with 1,67GHz proccessor and two core Intel (64nm technology) boot less than 20 seconds. None have never had any blue or green window.
So the only what I can say, there is absolutely no problems with this KB 4503293. 
The problems must be related with something else.
Problems must be caused by something else. Usually the reason is not the proper Windows, wrong drivers, etc. Very often the computer owner himself, who knows only where is on/off button and power cord.

It is very difficult to understand how people do not want to admit that they do not know in most cases nothing about a computer. And they never think that their own little knowledge and skills are a problem.

 

Microsoft themselves issue a statement saying that the KB causes these issues, yet you say it has nothing to do with any updates. Lmao. Ummmm. Ok? Do you see what is incredibly wrong about your entire post?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kalju
3 hours ago, spudboy said:

 Do you see what is incredibly wrong about your entire post?

Unfortunately, don't see, there's 100% real life, just as things really are.

And I hope that if you ever go to school you will get smarter. At least you will learn to read.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
spudboy
23 hours ago, Kalju said:

Unfortunately, don't see, there's 100% real life, just as things really are.

And I hope that if you ever go to school you will get smarter. At least you will learn to read.

 

You make absolutely zero sense. You say it has nothing to do with MS updates, even when MS issues a statement saying it IS from the updates, then tell others that they need schooling and to learn how to read? LMAO!!! Oh buddy. You're a lost cause. I have nothing further to say to you on the matter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...