Windows LTSC update problem, with parts update v1903

psyko666

Today I get a message that it's possible to update the LTSC version to v1903, but I can't update, I get a error message: 0x80240034

Am I the only one or do you guys that use LTSC also have the same problem?

x

• Replies 20
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, psyko666 said:

Today I get a message that it's possible to update the LTSC version to v1903, but I can't update, I get a error message: 0x80240034 

x

next LTSC release can be expected toward the end of 2021 and we can't update from previous LTSC version to new LTSC version

LTSC channel is completely different from other version/channels of windows 10

no such updates is available for my PC

I get this message, it's a DUTCH OS because it's my bf laptop.

IlnmuX4.png

EDIT:

It's in DUTCH language, It says it's ready to download and install to v1903, but the OS is LTSC x64, it doesn't download or install anything!

11 minutes ago, psyko666 said:

I get this message, it's a DUTCH OS because it's my bf laptop.

IlnmuX4.png

EDIT:

It's in DUTCH language, It says it's ready to download and install to v1903, but the OS is LTSC x64, it doesn't download or install anything!

Try to do the upgrade from 1903 iso but i doubt that you can keep your data and apps after the upgrade. You will only know by trying to upgrade from the iso, you will see at the beginning of the upgrade if keeping your apps and data is possible or not.

43 minutes ago, mehdibleu said:

Try to do the upgrade from 1903 iso but i doubt that you can keep your data and apps after the upgrade. You will only know by trying to upgrade from the iso, you will see at the beginning of the upgrade if keeping your apps and data is possible or not.

How to get the v1903 ISO from the NL x64 LTSC?

dragongate888

as per my reading from other forum---if Win10 1809 LTSC is upgraded via license manipulation from Pro or Enterprise versions, user may get a notification of 1903 upgrade, namely a failed one.   It seems to appear that only the direct installation of original LTSC copy will be immune to such a notification.  Furthermore, LTSC version will not get any feature upgrade until perhaps the end of 2021 ?

23 minutes ago, psyko666 said:

How to get the v1903 ISO from the NL x64 LTSC?

As far as i know, there is no win10 1903 LTSC, features in Windows 10 Enterprise 2019 LTSC are equivalent to Windows 10 1809 and this message you're getting from window update to upgrade to 1903 is just an error from MS in my opinion because upgrade should not be offered through windows update from LTSC to non LTSC edition and inversely.

17 minutes ago, mehdibleu said:

As far as i know, there is no win10 1903 LTSC, features in Windows 10 Enterprise 2019 LTSC are equivalent to Windows 10 1809 and this message you're getting from window update to upgrade to 1903 is just an error from MS in my opinion because upgrade should not be offered through windows update from LTSC to non LTSC edition and inversely.

I totally agree with @mehdibleu

Ok, thanks for all the help guys, strange thing, I don't get this problem with the Spanish LTSC

23 minutes ago, psyko666 said:

Ok, thanks for all the help guys, strange thing, I don't get this problem with the Spanish LTSC

What do you mean exactly ?

Does it mean that you were able to upgrade from LTSC spanish to 1903 through windows update or you meant that no upgrade to 1903 was offered from ltsc spanish through WU ?

5 minutes ago, mehdibleu said:

What do you mean exactly ?

Does it mean that you were able to upgrade from LTSC spanish to 1903 through windows update or you meant that no upgrade to 1903 was offered from ltsc spanish through WU ?

No, I didn't get the nagging screen myself as in the pic shown, that was from my bf's laptop, I have the Spanish LTSC and don't get that specific screen as shown.

"no upgrade to 1903 was offered from ltsc spanish through WU" --> That's what i mean.

Delete everything in C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\

and restart the computer.

That must fix the problem.

14 hours ago, timi said:

Delete everything in C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\

and restart the computer.

That must fix the problem.

Didn't work.

I also received same message on my LTSC.

You must ignore  message, because it is impossible update from LTSC to build 1903.
Currently LTSC is based on build 1809 and don't provide for upgrade to build 1903.

On 6/11/2019 at 3:27 PM, psyko666 said:

x

Is official upgrade path now ... you can upgrade from Enterprise LTSC to normal Enterprise ... MS was clever to offer this. But note you'll loose the LTSB/C security ;) .

1 hour ago, s1ave77 said:

Is official upgrade path now ... you can upgrade from Enterprise LTSC to normal Enterprise ... MS was clever to offer this. But note you'll loose the LTSB/C security ;) .

Hi @s1ave77

I'm wondering what's your source of info that it's an official path now !!

I just checked on my W10 Ent LTSC 2019 --> The current edition cannot be upgraded to any target editions.

Spoiler

96369B7.png

Also the day before yesterday, WZT were asking about the same issue and I didn't find any official info about it !!

Spoiler

Moreover, those offered that feature update couldn't actually run it

Spoiler

N5TyVc4.png

AFAIK till the moment that WU may have offered it to some systems; however on preparing to install the check up process detects that the edition is not valid for such upgrade and it won't be installed.

If you have a source that it's an official path, could you kindly attach it?

I guess it was a glitch from Microsoft, today and yesterday LTSC can not find the WU or is not trying to update to v1903.

Archived