Veteran Status [et al]

TheEmpathicEar

TheEmpathicEar

[I could not seem to find an appropriate place for this?] How does one attain "Veteran" status? If this a matter of posts, or something else, or both? I searched for both "Veteran" and "Veteran Status" and had too many hits.

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got this recent hit while searching for 'status', was about to post in the 'Site / Forum Feedback' section though.

Might have missed the link/info too, but did not find any 'rule' regarding members' status, not only for veteran, for all of them (senior, vip, veteran, etc...).

Any link to enlight us?

Thanks.

The best answer you can get is from @Matt

Please send him pm's.

(Also, please no one post any estimation here, it would be wrong anyway)

(Some members will misuse those informations to get to the desired status asap!)

6 hours ago, TheEmpathicEar said:

How does one attain "Veteran" status? If this a matter of posts, or something else, or both? I searched for both "Veteran" and "Veteran Status" and had too many hits.

I feel that the best status is simply being a member of this forum! And you are a veteran if you have some time already here. I don't need to be qualified as a veteran, I remember that I joined this forum about 6 years ago. Quite a time! Also, I appreciate getting comments to my posting. And, well, If I don't get any comment, I feel happy the same simply watching that some other member opened and read it.  In the same orden of ideas, I prefer watching "Member's total reputation" count than the proper post count because the "reputation count" indicates that somehow my post called the attention of someone.

TheEmpathicEar

Thx for the feedback. @Jordan Your point is well taken. What prompted me to post this was going over 2000 posts recently and a faint memory of a discussion somewhere here by another member about this. I might PM @Matt, but it is not really important to me. I am just curious is all.

• Administrator

Topic moved to Site / Forum Feedback. We had changed the rules for promotion to ViP and Veterans a few months ago. Now it concentrates more on contribution of the members. That does not mean any member has not contributed enough, but now the method of automatic promotion is different now here.

To be a "Veteran" you need to be over 85 years old with an IQ of 352 and at least 500 million dollars in the bank....no computer knowledge is necessary!!!😀😀😀

Archived