Adguard - does it work with the new (chrome engine) Edge?

winterStorm

winterStorm

As the title asks, does adguard block with Microsoft's new (chrome) browser? The reason for the question is on a particular site that I'm familiar ads and redirected pages open. This does not happen when used with such combinations as AG and Opera or AG and chrome. It's not a feature of the browser as they appear in those without AG.

I think that they have not enabled it for Edge as yet. If they have it's not working.

• Replies 4
  • Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AdGuard should be up and running on Edge Chromium as its listed on their site

https://adguard.com/en/article/adblock-adguard-edge.html

You could submit feedback as they do regular updates. You could try their nightly builds (or BETA) program, as its updated more frequently.

i've been using Nightly builds for a while and had no major issues

The concept of "nightly build" is very simple. Literally, it means that there's a build that is updated at the end of the day (hence "nightly") and contains all the changes/fixes/etc that developers worked on during that day...

...Nightly builds will be updated every three days, they are marked with a Greek letter "η" in the main menu. ...there's a pretty high chance of encountering random bugs or something not working as intended. This is normal ...

winterStorm

I still have a problem with ads. I am using the Edge preview development  76.0.176.0 (Official build) canary (64-bit), in conjunction with Adguard 7.0.2693.6661 RELEASE

The regular  (non-chrome) Microsoft Edge 44.18362.1.0 is working fine with Adguard (at least I presume it's Adguard that is responsible for blocking on the app),  Aguard doesn't add an extension as it uses a direct approach.

A certain site redirects to https://www.shein.co.uk (which is lady's fashion).

Archived