Solved-error icon documents word in explorer W10

SuperAgente-86

SuperAgente-86

Hello, Solved.
In the end I managed to fix it with the FileTypesMan program.
I has been perfect and simple.
If someone has a similar problem, you can download it from here. http: //***.nirsoft.net/utils/file_types_manager.html
regards

-------------------------

Hello, I have a problem with the icons of Word docx documents. I do not appear in the W10 explorer. I have tried everything, I have tried to change it from windows through the file association, etc. I have changed the regedit 😄 \ Program Files (x86) \ Microsoft Office \ Root \ VFS \ Windows \ Installer \ {90160000-000F-0000-0000-0000000FF1CE} \ wordicon.exe, 13 to 😄 \ Program Files (x86) \ Microsoft Office \ root \ Office16 \ wordicon.exe, 13 and remains the same, the rest of the office files are fine, in fact if I change to word mobile if the icon changes. I have Windows 10 1903 (version 1809 passed the same), office 2019 Pro Plus installation of Ratiborus monthly channel.

Some help for favors, without having to uninstall everything.

Thank you

Anotación 2019-05-30 102551.png

• Replies 8
  • Views 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

Try to run:

"c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office16\winword.exe" /register

to restore the file associations for Word.

SuperAgente-86

I have done it and it remains the same. I'll have to get used to it.
Thank you

14 hours ago, SuperAgente-86 said:

Hello, I have a problem with the icons of Word docx documents. I do not appear in the W10 explorer. I have tried everything, I have tried to change it from windows through the file association, etc. I have changed the regedit 😄 \ Program Files (x86) \ Microsoft Office \ Root \ VFS \ Windows \ Installer \ {90160000-000F-0000-0000-0000000FF1CE} \ wordicon.exe, 13 to 😄 \ Program Files (x86) \ Microsoft Office \ root \ Office16 \ wordicon.exe, 13 and remains the same, the rest of the office files are fine, in fact if I change to word mobile if the icon changes. I have Windows 10 1903 (version 1809 passed the same), office 2019 Pro Plus installation of Ratiborus monthly channel.

Some help for favors, without having to uninstall everything.

Thank you

Anotación 2019-05-30 102551.png

Some precisions please :

In folder options, are you showing all extensions by default or not?

Are the files opened by Word or WordPad when double clicked?

1/ if yes then this is maybe only the icon issue.

2/ if no then your system is not attributing the *.docx extension to any program.

This could happen if:

- No *.docx handler is installed (which is not the case here)

- Another program have hijacked this extension but it was not properly uninstalled

- Associations registry keys are missing or corrupted

- Or as @MrZeb mentioned, it could be just the icons cache issue if your files are opened by Word once double clicked.

(The icon path for the *.docx filetype can point to the wrong location too)

Initially, word documents are automatically handled by Wordpad and an icon is attributed by default from its reources

RUKjksz.png

When Office Word is installed, it takes the *.docx extension for itself and a new icon is attributed.

Most programs are acting so. Good written ones uninstall themselves and restore things to its original state.

The others leave similar mess behind them when uninstalled!

SuperAgente-86

The word files icons type 97-2003 shows them well. The files open them well with word 2019 and if they change to the default wordpad (xml document open office) they open well and are associated to each program when double clicking. If I change to open with word mobile, it changes the icon and the association of the program.
I have reset the icons according to the instructions and it remains the same.
Maybe it is a mistake with word mobile, installed word and excel mobile, but now they are uninstalled.
Thank you all

word.png

word97.png

worpad.png

The AchieVer
On 5/30/2019 at 2:04 PM, SuperAgente-86 said:

Hello, I have a problem with the icons of Word docx documents. 

Go to microsoft office / microsoft office tools / microsoft office picture manager / help detect and repair / check restore my shortcuts while repairing. 

This should restore all the microsoft office shortcuts and icons.

Regards

SuperAgente-86
On 6/1/2019 at 5:56 PM, The AchieVer said:

Go to microsoft office / microsoft office tools / microsoft office picture manager / help detect and repair / check restore my shortcuts while repairing. 

This should restore all the microsoft office shortcuts and icons.

Regards

Thanks, but office 2019 has no tools, only brings repair and I've done it and it's still the same.

Regards

• 2 weeks later...
SuperAgente-86

Hello, Solved.
In the end I managed to fix it with the FileTypesMan program.
I has been perfect and simple.
If someone has a similar problem, you can download it from here. http: //***.nirsoft.net/utils/file_types_manager.html
regards

Archived