[Solved] Google uses an invalid ssl

vitorio

In a borrow laptop I am getting the following message

www.google.com uses an invalid security certificate

Due to this I can not run any web site from Google since received the message

your connection is not private

Even running others browsers can not load gmail since got the same message.

My question

Any way to avoid this message from Google? Please let me know.

Thanks for tge help.

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is certainly due to the antivirus which is installed on your machine.

Which AV do you use ?

Try to disable the AV and see if the same message appears.

If the message disappears, you need to find the option which allows to disable the SSL in your AV.

Is the laptop's date and time correct?

5 hours ago, vitorio said:

In a borrow laptop I am getting the following message

www.google.com uses an invalid security certificate

Due to this I can not run any web site from Google since received the message

your connection is not private

Even running others browsers can not load gmail since got the same message.

My question

Any way to avoid this message from Google? Please let me know.

Thanks for tge help.

Seems cmos battery is dead.

go to date and time > Internet time > change settings> update.

gotta replace the battery too.

Is the date and time is correct, can the battery need to replace?

No antivirus installed and can not reinstalled Google since need administrator password.

16 hours ago, mehdibleu said:

This is certainly due to the antivirus which is installed on your machine.

Which AV do you use ?

Try to disable the AV and see if the same message appears.

If the message disappears, you need to find the option which allows to disable the SSL in your AV.

The only AV is Windows Security and the setting to turn it off is managed by the adminidtrator, which is not me.

5 hours ago, vitorio said:

The only AV is Windows Security and the setting to turn it off is managed by the adminidtrator, which is not me.

i don't understand, you first said that no AV is installed on the machine and and in your next post, you seem to say the opposite.

So is there any AV installed on the machine ? you must be sure.

What is the exact name of the AV ?

you need to make sure that this error messages which appear when opeing a website do not come from the AV so if you have an AV installed on the machine, you must to disable it to see whether the error messages are still there or disappeared.

Another thing, you say that you don't have the admin pwd to switch off the AV, how come ?

Whom does the pc belong to ? is it yours ? if not, contact the admin and ask him about the pwd.

57 minutes ago, mehdibleu said:

i don't understand, you first said that no AV is installed on the machine and and in your next post, you seem to say the opposite.

So is there any AV installed on the machine ? you must be sure.

What is the exact name of the AV ?

you need to make sure that this error messages which appear when opeing a website do not come from the AV so if you have an AV installed on the machine, you must to disable it to see whether the error messages are still there or disappeared.

Another thing, you say that you don't have the admin pwd to switch off the AV, how come ?

Whom does the pc belong to ? is it yours ? if not, contact the admin and ask him about the pwd.

I think the AV is the one that comes with Windows10 preinstalled. I found this later. Definely, since the laptop is not mine I need administrator privileges. It was set with this privileges since is a corporate PC.

Never thought it was so dificult to try to fix this issue if you do not have administrators privileges.

I just returned the PC to the owner and now is his responsability to find the administrator to help him.

Thanks all for the help.

Topic marked as solved.

1 hour ago, vitorio said:

Never thought it was so dificult to try to fix this issue if you do not have administrators privileges.

I just returned the PC to the owner and now is his responsability to find the administrator to help him.

Isn't it the point of setting admin/users privileges: not allowing users to mess up the system. Or more simply not allowing users to change the system, even if it's for its good.

6 hours ago, vitorio said:

I think the AV is the one that comes with Windows10 preinstalled. I found this later. Definely, since the laptop is not mine I need administrator privileges. It was set with this privileges since is a corporate PC.

Thanks all for the help.

maybe should have tried adwcleaner

Archived