Free Lifetime Cloud Storage

Katzenfreund

Katzenfreund

Names will be mentioned as a warning to members.

So, on Mar 23 2019, Bitsdujour had a giveaway offer from Zoolz for 100GB free lifetime cloud storage. And my head must have been in the clouds when I registered for it.

First “cloud” in this cloud storage offer was that I couldn't find how to directly upload my files. After some clarification, it transpired that the free storage had a couple of catches: I’d have to install their app to be able to upload, and give them a few hours advance notification for downloading.

Firstly, I didn't see the need for installing any app just to be able to upload.

Secondly, I didn't know what spying/advertising that app might contain. And

Thirdly, giving hours of notification reminds me of slow, unfriendly file hosts, which I avoid, not to mention my doubts about what download speed they’d allow.

As a result, I never made use of the offer.

This till May 13 2019, i.e. less than two months later, when they gave me notification that all free accounts would be terminated, “much to their regret”!, and I had one month to get my stuff out of their site before losing it.

So much for free unusable storage for the lifetime of a butterfly.

Oh, yes, I nearly forgot. As compensation for deleting the free accounts, they offered a hefty discount off their regular prices for paid storage. What generosity! And there’s ungrateful me not making use of it. My mind must be clouded and not thinking straight.

• Replies 14
  • Views 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • ADN locked and unlocked this topic
  • 2 months later...
On 7/31/2019 at 5:15 AM, vitorio said:

Nothing is free!!! Everything has a catch.

You're right! 😊 

• 4 months later...
On 12/15/2019 at 2:41 AM, Voldemort said:

Buy 1 Year Package , Send this Invite Code And Transaction Deatils of your 1 Year Purchase  to [email protected]  before Dec 31St 2019

Your One year Package has been converted to Lifetime With Unlimited Storage and Other Addons. 

INVITE CODE : DEFR590048

Please specify Can I use the FTP protocol for file sharing?

On 12/14/2019 at 11:41 PM, Voldemort said:

Buy 1 Year Package , Send this Invite Code And Transaction Deatils of your 1 Year Purchase  to bla bla  before Dec 31St 2019

Your One year Package has been converted to Lifetime With Unlimited Storage and Other Addons. 

Who is filezilla?  that web page has no information and i dare not register...

On 12/14/2019 at 11:41 PM, Voldemort said:

Buy 1 Year Package , Send this Invite Code And Transaction Deatils of your 1 Year Purchase  to bla bla  before Dec 31St 2019

The link in Voldemont post has no association to the genuine FileZilla, its a scam

4 minutes ago, toot said:

The link in Voldemont post has no association to the genuine FileZilla, its a scam

Agreed post removed thanks.

@Voldemort Not a good way to start here ensure you check before posting !!

Another one like this and your time here will be short !!

• 1 month later...

Meh,  get a VPS or real dedi and host Nextcloud or Owncloud.  Why bother with risky and shitty little 100GB cloud drives?  For anything that small store it at home in multiple locations if it's important and safer (More reliable) backup in cloud via Google Drive. You can even get unlimited storage via their GSuite (business account).

What exactly are you using the cloud for?

• 3 months later...

Archived