Popular Streaming Site Pelispedia Shuts Down, Operators Arrested

The AchieVer

The AchieVer

Popular Streaming Site Pelispedia Shuts Down, Operators Arrested

Uruguayan authorities, helped by Interpol and the US movie industry, have arrested the alleged operators of the popular streaming site Pelispedia. The couple stands accused of profiting from copyright infringement. Following a raid on their house, several assets were seized and the site was shut down.

pelispedia.png

With over a million visitors per day, Pelispedia.tv was one of the most popular streaming sites in Latin America. 

Just a few weeks ago, it was highlighted bythe US Trade Representative as a notorious pirate site, following a referral from Hollywood’s MPAA. 

By then, rightsholders and enforcement authorities already had their eyes focused on the site’s alleged operators, a couple from Uruguay. Following collaborative efforts from Interpol, rightsholders, and Uruguayan authorities, this culminated in two arrests last week.

According to Uruguayan prosecutor Mónica Ferrero, the alleged operators are charged with “a continuing offense of making available a digital broadcast for profit without the written authorization of their respective holders or successors, and a crime of money laundering.”

The two, who are referred to in local mediaby their initials JAGR and MJHG, will remain in custody for  30 days. Their case is being handled by a court specialized in organized crime, which will take a closer look at the allegations. 

Initially, Pelispedia.tv remained online following the arrests, but since yesterday it is no longer available. The sister site Pelisplus is still accessible but is also expected to shut down.

pelis.png
Pelispedia

The pair reportedly have no other employment and made roughly $5,000 per month from the business. In addition to the arrests, several assets were seized including hardware, a 2008 Peugeot, a 2014 Volkswagon, $1,257 in cash, and two Payoneer cards. 

The Alliance for Creativity and Entertainment collaborated with the authorities and is pleased with the outcome thus far.

“We thank Interpol, the Uruguayan police, and prosecutors for their leadership in this important action against a major illegal streaming service operator,” ACE spokesperson Richard VanOrnum said, commenting on the news.

MPAA Chairman and CEO Charles Rivkin agrees and sees the shutdown of Pelispedia.tv as another example of ACE’s successful and ongoing global effort to reduce piracy.

“Each time we collaborate with law enforcement authorities to disrupt major piracy operations like Pelispedia.tv, we support the millions of people around the world working in the film and television industry and the dynamic legal marketplace for creative content,” Rivkin notes.

Source

• Replies 5
  • Views 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, truemate said:

bad... 

well i heard this popular name pelispedia first time :unsure:

Most people never heard of  Uruguay ether is a small country in South America .  From 1973-1984  they was  ran by a right wing  dictatorship , in 1985  they became a  democratic constitutional republic.

Uruguay is ranked first in Latin America in democracy, peace, low perception of corruption, e-government, and is first in South America when it comes to press freedom, size of the middle class and prosperity.

They the closet thing to the USA in  South America you will find . Most all other countries down there take bribes and are full  of drug trade and murder   they got way worse problems than movie piracy .:tooth:

i think he is referring to the website, not the country... 

Uruguay is well known in the soccer history and world cup

2 hours ago, teodz1984 said:

i think he is referring to the website, not the country... 

Uruguay is well known in the soccer history and world cup

I'm not a soccer fan ether  it's like were i live  one thing in my area  put it on the map but that's one small city in a country . Just because you heard of it from sports don't mean you know what it's like there . Uruguay is a very  liberal  solid out to the USA police state . Considering that the USA's  last liberal  president wanted to make streaming a felony so what Uruguay  did falls right in line with all  the Government overreach Obama used while in office .:P

This military style raid was no different than when the USA  took down another fat man for making money on Piracy witch was Kim Dotcom  in the  Obama era witch was a waste of tax payer money and caused all them people to lose there files . This time  with Uruguay it was the Interpol  and Hollywood  just because they on the MPAA's :shit: list  the Government in there now is not going foot the bill for this sort of nonsense they will  put a import tax on there country and charge them money for being on that list instead, If Hollywood was there that means Uruguay is doing the Movie  industry's biding . The USA did not send in the FBI for this fellow they done this on there own  accord to get removed from  USTR's Notorious Markets list so it don't mess up there trade with the USA was all.  Since Uruguay native language is Spanish that is why he most likely don't  know the site  but they a lot people in South America , Mexico and the USA  that speak Latino and they have there Kodi addons and things for  Latino community . So it was a big site.    :hehe:

Google Indexed Pages: Not Applicable , Yahoo Indexed Pages: 44 , Bing Indexed Pages: 44 , Income Per Day: $ 8,115.00 Estimated Worth: $ 8,764,200.00

http://pelispedia.tv.webrankdata.com/

I put sites i visit  to download from in that page  and that pelispedia.tv  made way more money  .

Almost half it  visitors were from Mexico  and Argentina alone :chug:

https://www.whoisly.com/site/pelispedia.tv

Archived