Which desktop should I buy?

eurotrash

eurotrash

Hello,

I am looking for a new desktop PC for photoshop/games (AOE 4 Definitive Edition/Total War).

I would like to pay less the 800 pounds for the PC. I recently moved to the UK so I am unsure as

to what would be considered a decent price here. Any ideas? Thanks in advance guys!

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

I for one am not fond of ready made PCs. Not only they use cheap parts, another thing is, the last time I heard, they actually say they give you certain model parts in it, but those models are actually fake numbers requested by the PC maker to the manufacturer. For example, if you buy a ready made PC, it might contain GTX 1660 graphics card in it. But that would not be real GTX 1660 graphics card, it would actually be GTX 1060 graphics card re-named to GTX 1660 by nVidia by the request of all the PC makers. This is just an example. But this is what happens with ready made PCs the last time I checked. Making one yourself with your own selected parts is still better. If still, you cannot make your own, then research properly before buying it.

eurotrash
On 5/3/2019 at 6:39 PM, DKT27 said:

I for one am not fond of ready made PCs. Not only they use cheap parts, another thing is, the last time I heard, they actually say they give you certain model parts in it, but those models are actually fake numbers requested by the PC maker to the manufacturer. For example, if you buy a ready made PC, it might contain GTX 1660 graphics card in it. But that would not be real GTX 1660 graphics card, it would actually be GTX 1060 graphics card re-named to GTX 1660 by nVidia by the request of all the PC makers. This is just an example. But this is what happens with ready made PCs the last time I checked. Making one yourself with your own selected parts is still better. If still, you cannot make your own, then research properly before buying it.

How can I see if it is fake hardware?

I was looking at this one, I just wish it had an ssd

ADMI Desktop PC

AlienForce1

Look at product information , DKT27 might be right  🤣 

juYPlYd.jpg

if you buy a ready made PC, it might contain GTX 1660 graphics card in it. But that would not be real GTX 1660 graphics card, it would actually be GTX 1060 graphics card re-named to GTX 1660 by nVidia by the request of all the PC makers

freethinKing

If you can wait I suggest doing so, in the next month there will be new processors from AMD that will be 10%+ faster than the current ones. Even if you don't build the pc yourself, soon newly built PCs will start using them.

• Administrator
On 5/5/2019 at 8:15 PM, AlienForce1 said:

Look at product information , DKT27 might be right  🤣

I just gave an example. Honestly, it looks like copied from different listing.

That listing might not be false though. Reason is, they offer a customized GTX 1660Ti version on their site.

It's not easy to check whether it's real or fake one. On this page, one needs to check the Release price > MSRP. If the price for that model of card does not exist on that page, it means that particular model is likely to be fake numbered on it.

eurotrash
10 hours ago, DKT27 said:

I just gave an example. Honestly, it looks like copied from different listing.

That listing might not be false though. Reason is, they offer a customized GTX 1660Ti version on their site.

It's not easy to check whether it's real or fake one. On this page, one needs to check the Release price > MSRP. If the price for that model of card does not exist on that page, it means that particular model is likely to be fake numbered on it.

Thanks for the website, I noticed it allows you to mix-and-match hardware. I do have another question though. If I get the 1660Ti, do I need a cooling system? And if so, how advanced should I get it? Because they offer quite a few choices, and not sure how hot the i5 9th gen runs

• Administrator
On 5/7/2019 at 11:10 AM, eurotrash said:

Thanks for the website, I noticed it allows you to mix-and-match hardware. I do have another question though. If I get the 1660Ti, do I need a cooling system? And if so, how advanced should I get it? Because they offer quite a few choices, and not sure how hot the i5 9th gen runs

The normal, non-liquid fan might be good. The one worth 17. However, the reviews are not exactly great. Still, it might be good that is why they offer it.

While modern day graphics cards and CPUs are fast and efficient so you do not need to worry about the. Still, if you want, you should ask them to install additional case fans into the case I think.

Archived