g8194189

AOMEI Partition Assistant 8.2 Multilingual Retail

Pete 12
Posted (edited)

Just tried in VM , program installed fine , only the ADK-problem ( again) , when trying to make boot-CD with it. Dont know why its so blody difficult to make a boot-CD with this prog ( installed and activated )  !

Im on 1809 Win10 , so downloaded the adk-installer , installed it , "can not find the wim-file "................:wtf:

Any solution , what went wrong ....??

Edited by Pete 12

Stig
21 hours ago, FoRMaT said:

AOMEI Partition Assistant 8.2 TE-Portable

Site: https://multifilemirror.com
Sharecode: /oif52z0go3ks

How do portable partition managers work when the OS partition needs to be altered offline?

teodz1984

you download them.. run them. and they work pretty much the same as if you installed them normally.. any partition management on boot partition works under a special boot mode after you hit commit changes

Kalju
Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, Stig said:

How do portable partition managers work when the OS partition needs to be altered offline?

1. What does this/Your question mean?
  2. Why do I or somebody else need a network connection to change the partition?
  3. Until today, all AOMEI Partition Assistants have been exclusively/only portables. And also this latest is fully portable, it doesn't need registry, it doesn't store nothing in computer - everything is in one folder and You can put, store, save where ever You desire. Such a softwares are all portables 100%.
Edited by Kalju

Pete 12

Kalju , you are an expert , so may I ask you for a solution for my problem ; making a boot-cd with this program ?

Tried several times , installed/activated ( unlimited edition ) , when trying to make boot-CD it asks for the ADK to install .

Then I can insert the path to the boot.wim , then its "saying" ; can not find boot.wim , reboot, etc.

How can , while I have this file ( boot.wim) from latest ISO , installed on this machine..........!  :huh:

alnaloty
9 minutes ago, Pete 12 said:

Kalju , you are an expert , so may I ask you for a solution for my problem ; making a boot-cd with this program ?

Tried several times , installed/activated ( unlimited edition ) , when trying to make boot-CD it asks for the ADK to install .

Then I can insert the path to the boot.wim , then its "saying" ; can not find boot.wim , reboot, etc.

How can , while I have this file ( boot.wim) from latest ISO , installed on this machine..........!  :huh:

no problem with technician edition

VirtualBox_win 7_01_05_2019_15_04_52.png

Pete 12
Posted (edited)

So I should try technician edition ............?    :rolleyes:

Just tried , no luck , installed ADK and pointed to this boot.wim , again s*** !

I give up , fedup with this s***** -program..........:thumbsdown:

Edited by Pete 12

Pete 12

Still no boot-CD available , for Win10 x64 1809.............??    :rolleyes:

Stig
Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Pete 12 said:

So I should try technician edition ............?    :rolleyes:

Just tried , no luck , installed ADK and pointed to this boot.wim , again s*** !

I give up , fedup with this s***** -program..........:thumbsdown:

Pete, I don't use this program, but I use WinPE on many other backup and restore applications.

I am assuming that it uses WinPE, and not WinRE as some links above may suggest.

Since Windows 10 1809, the Windows Assessment and Deployment Kit (ADK) does not contain WinPE. Windows PE is now a separate add-on.
If you are using an older version of ADK, then I would suggest that you uninstall it, then install the new version, then after that, install the Windows PE add-on.

A little more info and links at a Microsoft Docs here.

But, you usually only need to install the ADK and WinPE add-on when you are building a boot disk manually, which I do sometimes.

The application should download the required PE files for you.

Are you using portable?

Edited by Stig

Pete 12
Posted (edited)

Thanks Stig for your clear explanation , will try again with your tips.............:rolleyes:

Tried again with no luck , installed Aomei ( no portable), ADK and ADKWinPE first.

Then when trying to make the boot-CD ( inside the program) , I get ; " the boot.wim is not valid " ............??

Im on Win10 x64 1809 , appreciate some help, ideas...............:rolleyes:

Edited by Pete 12