Adguard Slowing Down Firefox

Knightmare

Not sure if some of my settings in FF are conflicting with Adguard, but when I have Adguard enabled for FF, everything takes a good 3-5 seconds longer to load than it did before. Currently, I have Adguard disabled in FF and I'm using another adblock extension in FF, but I would like to get my moneys worth for the product. Any suggestions to make FF less sluggish?

• Replies 17
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since Firefox moved to the new Quantum it started sucking the juice out of my PC.

The memory usage is a  LOT compared to Chrome.

Even i face this problem with every extension i use with  Firefox.

One suggestion maybe you can use Firefox ESR version and see if its a newer version problem.

regards

I don't know what method you can use to measure that the FF is slower for 3-5 seconds, but if it really is so little slower, then it is good and everything is absolutely normal.
The best thing you can do is give up one of them or even better - give up of both.
Preventive notice - the next FF, ie FF 67.0, is still completely unstable and completely unusable.

I sent a message to the support team, so I'll see if they have any suggestions. One suggestion online said to disable "Use local host for injection" in the advanced settings. I tried that and it didn't seemed to work.

It is possible only if You have installed Adguard and if You disable it, AdGuard will use remote host and will most likely slow down much more, then everything depends on Your internet speed.

This is the reason why at all localhost using is added and allowed. Ie if localhost is allowed, Adguard should work much faster.

24 minutes ago, Kalju said:

It is possible only if You have installed Adguard and if You disable it, AdGuard will use remote host and will most likely slow down much more, then everything depends on Your internet speed.

This is the reason why at all localhost using is added and allowed. Ie if localhost is allowed, Adguard should work much faster.

I found something online that said that too, but I didn't notice a speed change with it enabled or disabled; it was still noticeably slower with the option enabled and disabled. My internet speed is good. I just ran a speed test from Google and my download is 96 mbps and my upload is 10 mbps. I ran another test through my service provider's site and it's showing 118 mbps down and 11 mbps up.

2 hours ago, nOkialpha said:

not only slowing down browser but also using high CPU in those 2-5 sec

I'm not too sure. It doesn't look like it's using too much CPU.

I have the same issue with adguard but I am using chrome. Adguard diffidently slowing the browsing speed when using ublock origin there is a large difference in browsing speed.

47 minutes ago, IBNHAGAR said:

I have the same issue with adguard but I am using chrome. Adguard diffidently slowing the browsing speed when using ublock origin there is a large difference in browsing speed.

I've just excluded FF for now until I get a reply from support.

The AchieVer

@Knightmare

Generally, Adguard slows down the browser.

If you have to use it , just check that too many filters are not active on it .

However, if it’s an issue with Firefox, as already stated above, then I guess you have to get a word from Firefox support.

Regards

9 hours ago, The AchieVer said:

@Knightmare

Generally, Adguard slows down the browser.

If you have to use it , just check that too many filters are not active on it .

However, if it’s an issue with Firefox, as already stated above, then I guess you have to get a word from Firefox support.

Regards

How good is Firefox support?

The AchieVer
18 minutes ago, Knightmare said:

How good is Firefox support?

Generally they do respond.

You can post on their forum, if you want a prompt reply. 

Regards

I think my conflict was with a certain extension that I am using. I only noticed the slow down on Facebook and I know that the annoyance filter hides elements related to social media, so I'm thinking that me going directly to the source would cause some issues. I still notice slowness on YouTube and Twitch, but I think that's normal with any adblock.

Thank you for reaching out to AdGuard Support!

1) HTTPS filtering should always be enabled for the quality service;

2) You can enable Simplified filter instead of those you are using now. It will increase the speed but reduce filtering quality. We recommend you to stay with your current filters.

3) Some apps are not working well with AdGuard. We recommend you to turn off protection for them since there are no ads there.

4) You can leave the filtering for such apps if they are working fine. 

5) Could you specify, which element is yellow? Om the right part of apps management you can see indicators, which indicate whether the app is filtered by AdGuard through WLAN or mobile network

Knightmare

Seems to be working better with some filter changes. I'm using Fanboy Ultimate list rather than the Adguard filters.

Archived