[Solved] Serious Error

hakah

"Serious error: Your [start] menu does not work" 

You have to logout and reboot the system to correct this error. I have rebooted my PC few times, the problem still exists.

Does any member faced this error before? Is there Any advice or possible solution for the problem?

Thanks for the kind assistance!

• Replies 8
  • Views 908
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The AchieVer

Run cmd as admin:

Type sfc /scannow .

The scan may take some time and will end with one of three results. 

1.Windows did not find any integrity violations 

2.Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and repaired them mean there are now no corrupt files,

3.Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some (or all) of them indicates a problem.

In this latter case(3), type (or copy and paste) DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth into the CMD window .

This will download files from Windows Update to replace the corrupt ones and, again, this may take some time.

Else , reinstall all windows apps :

Run PowerShell as an admin 

copy the command and hit enter

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Wait until the app download and installation process completes — ignore any red text that appears — and restart Windows.

Regards

33 minutes ago, hakah said:

"Serious error: Your [start] menu does not work" 

You have to logout and reboot the system to correct this error. I have rebooted my PC few times, the problem still exists.

Does any member faced this error before? Is there Any advice or possible solution for the problem?

Thanks for the kind assistance!

@hakah 

1. What version of Windows are you talking about?
  2. How did this problem occur?
  3. Until don't know what kind of help you need, can't help You. Only can say, that usually it is registry problem and it  cannot repair with one app reinstalling.

I would not recommend taking such wisdom very seriously.
(NB: what you see on this picture is not just my opinion but this site users opinion).

nGsEXWzaeIAAAAASUVORK5CYII=

The problem was due to installation of latest Nightly Adguard version and after sometime, error message of "Something went wrong" appears and subsequently start menu doesn't work at all. Even after several re-boot of the system and same problem still exists. After I have submitted this post, I then remove Adguard Nightly version and re-install back the normal version, everything works fine. And the start menu function resumes back to normal again.

dMog/The AchieVer/Kalju : Many Many thanks for your good recommendations and advice. I will keep in record for future reference in case similar problem re-occurs again in future.

@hakah Well, you even see that you always need to know how or what caused the problem was about.
Good that everything went so well and everything is fine again.
Good luck to You and next time post everything, what You did before the promblem appears. Then is everything much more simple to fix.

Kalju: Thanks for the message! I was confuesed that time and don't know what to do and am afraid to have Windows 10 Enterprise re-installed again.

The AchieVer

@hakah

Whenever you install a new application, a restore point is created,if not disabled and you could always restore using the restore point. That ways you can immediately point the cause of the issue.

Regards

• Administrator

Topic marked as solved.

Archived