How to copy MBR from slave drive to main OS drive?

wozzzzza

i have windows 10, i obviously stuffed up when i installed it and didnt disconnect the slave drive in the computer and now it appears the MBR is on the slave drive and not on the SSD main OS drive as when i remove the slave drive the computer does not start up.

how do i move the MBR from the slave HDD to the OS SSD so it runs by itself without the slave drive??

• Replies 5
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can do it using EaseUs Todo Backup. https://www.easeus.com/todo-backup-resource/clone-mbr-to-gpt-disk-ssd.html

Or just do a clean Install of Windows 10 on the SSD, but remember to unplug the other Hard Drives first.

i managed to get it going temporarily, but if i restart its stuffed again. im taking all my settigns off, im formatting, was due pretty soon any way.

On 4/19/2019 at 7:46 AM, wozzzzza said:

i have windows 10, i obviously stuffed up when i installed it and didnt disconnect the slave drive in the computer and now it appears the MBR is on the slave drive and not on the SSD main OS drive as when i remove the slave drive the computer does not start up.

how do i move the MBR from the slave HDD to the OS SSD so it runs by itself without the slave drive??

you could just have repaired your mbr in a matter of seconds without loosing anything - hundreds softwares can do that

ive spent a day trying it out with various software programs, just ends up with same result, not able to fix it due to some errors.

Mustang Sally

have you tried using the built in boot menu (f8 or f12 at startup) and select the ssd to see if it will boot!! Or select the ssd in the bios as first boot device.

goodluck

Archived