Karlston

Israeli group says it will make a second attempt to land on the Moon

Priceless Cooch

NASA has said that they "lost" the technology to land on the moon. If NASA themselves can't land on the moon then I doubt these people will be able to. NASA has access to billions and billions and billions of dollars and even they can't. These people won't either. They don't have the funds.

luisam
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Priceless Cooch said:

NASA has said that they "lost" the technology to land on the moon. If NASA themselves can't land on the moon then I doubt these people will be able to. NASA has access to billions and billions and billions of dollars and even they can't.

Actually, as I understand NASA haven’t properly "lost" the knowledge or the ability to build things that will do the job. Their problem is that those systems are based on a now obsolete industrial infrastructure that allowed to build Saturn Vs, corrently considered absolutely anti-economic. Before it might be done, they have to design the necessary equipment using current industrial systems. That requires engineering research and development and a huge amount of money. And of course, time,  to fund that kind of project. 

The core of te issue is not simply to land on  the Moon, but to take off again and reusing the same spaceship again and again.

Edited by luisam

DKT27
On 4/16/2019 at 5:05 PM, Priceless Cooch said:

NASA has said that they "lost" the technology to land on the moon. If NASA themselves can't land on the moon then I doubt these people will be able to. NASA has access to billions and billions and billions of dollars and even they can't. These people won't either. They don't have the funds.

Recently a country landed on it, another country is soon going to do so.