Diskeeper 18 Pro 20.0.1296 (x64) installation

funkyy

Help!! (as usual!!)...I had Diskeeper Pro 20.0.1296 installed on my Win 7 (x64) since last year. I noticed a lot of red event errors that said either a component of the program wasn't working or was corrupt, but I just kept using it as the program interface was showing the defragmentation info since the date of install, last 60 days, last 7 days etc.

Then recently I noticed it would only show me the information for the last 24 hours...but didn't show the other times (last 30 days, last 7 days, since installation date).

So last night I decided to uninstall and do a fresh installation. I uninstalled, cleaned with CCleaner, checked for any leftovers in C:Program files etc. I then rebooted and started to install Diskeeper 18 again...but it starts to install and then I get error 1406 messages (see screenshot attached). If I click ignore and continue with the installation I get another error message description, and each time I click ignore I get another one. I tried installing in Safe Mode but I get a message saying it can't be installed in Safe mode. I tried multiple times then I went to bed....dizzy!!!😀

I was ready to go back to Diskeeper 2011, but unfortunately I only have the X86 version with the x86 crack...tried to find the x64 version on the internet, but no luck as so many years/versions have passed.

Can any of you guys who are much cleverer than me (that means all of you) tell me what I'm doing wrong? Many thanks in advance...I'm going out now..back in a couple of hours!!😀😀😀

ScreenHunter 03.png

• Replies 5
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Moved from Guides & Tutorials.

@funkyy    Guides & Tutorials = " The place to post guides & tutorials on any subject, not for questions "; Software Chat is one of the forums in "GENERAL DISCUSSIONS & SUPPORT" group.

52 minutes ago, Karlston said:

Moved from Guides & Tutorials.

@funkyy    Guides & Tutorials = " The place to post guides & tutorials on any subject, not for questions "; Software Chat is one of the forums in "GENERAL DISCUSSIONS & SUPPORT" group.

Sorry Karlston...won't happen again!! Give that man 40 lashes!!!😀😀😀

6 minutes ago, funkyy said:

Sorry Karlston...won't happen again!! Give that man 40 lashes!!!😀😀😀

Brother one fifty lashes for you :cheers:

a9ilyU8.jpg 

@funkyy Any chance you may have use a program called "PatchCleaner", a few days ago, which is said to clean out .msi and .msp files from windows/installer folder?  The .msi files might be useful to reinstall, I think.  If not, ok, I just had that program on my mind lately.:)

7 hours ago, front360 said:

@funkyy Any chance you may have use a program called "PatchCleaner", a few days ago, which is said to clean out .msi and .msp files from windows/installer folder?  The .msi files might be useful to reinstall, I think.  If not, ok, I just had that program on my mind lately.:)

Thanks front360....I've never heard of the program you mentioned and I'd be a bit nervous using it 'cos I'm not too computer savvy lol.

Anyway, after HOURS of perseverance I finally got Diskeeper 2018 1296 installed:-

1) I found a Condusiv folder in (hidden files) Program data and I eliminated that.

2) That action got rid of the registry keys that wouldn't delete earlier.

3) During the installation I kept getting the 1406 error messages, so I clicked "ignore" all the way through them....and there were a lot!!

4) Diskeeper finally installed and according to the GUI it is working...showing the info "I/O's eliminated" etc etc.

5) My concern is that the Windows "Event viewer" is still showing red Diskeeper error ID 5 entries:-

"Diskeeper is unable to retrieve the de-fragmentation settings from the Windows registry."

6) Also, although the GUI says Diskeeper v1296, the application in Program Files shows version 1286 in properties......because I used the crack for version 1286(??).

7) I'm keeping an eye on things for now and I'll keep looking for a more comfortable installation.😀😀😀

8) Event error ID 5:-

Source:        Diskeeper
Date:          14/04/2019 08:52:16
Event ID:      5
The description for Event ID 5 from source Diskeeper cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

Diskeeper is unable to retrieve the de-fragmentation settings from the Windows registry.
Diskeeper

the message resource is present but the message is not found in the string/message table

Archived