Macrium Reflect Error

uffbros

I am once again faced with errors trying to make an image with Macrium. Last time I replaced the C drive with an SSD and problem was solved. This time I get same error and Hard Disk Sentinel says booth the boot drive(C) and the backup drive(D) are 100% healthy. I also tried to save to an external USB drive with same error. I read Macrium's troubleshooter for this and they basically say its probably hardware going south...either the motherboard or ram. They go on to say that even thou computer appears to run fine...it really isn't. I attached the error. Any other insight into this problem? 

Capture.PNG

• Replies 13
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, uffbros said:

I am once again faced with errors trying to make an image with Macrium. Last time I replaced the C drive with an SSD and problem was solved. This time I get same error and Hard Disk Sentinel says booth the boot drive(C) and the backup drive(D) are 100% healthy. I also tried to save to an external USB drive with same error. I read Macrium's troubleshooter for this and they basically say its probably hardware going south...either the motherboard or ram. They go on to say that even thou computer appears to run fine...it really isn't. I attached the error. Any other insight into this problem? 

Capture.PNG

check the temperature of your ssd ,if over 65c put a spot fan on it

SSD is 36°C..Only a few months old. It tests ok as does the SATA D drive. 

That memory test program didn't work. It says at the bottom of the program that could not allocate 4095MB. It doesn't run. I can't figure out how to run 4 copies on my 4 cores like it talks about.

Please, in disk properties (of your backup disk D) make sure that disk compression is unchecked ! Very important.

Like you, I've had the same warning over and over and even lost my system a few times as a result.

One may expect that Macrium checks automatically the receiving disk before installing a copy !

Anyway, since I found the culprit myself I don't have these problems anymore and reinstall runs flawlessly. Please try it !

Capture.PNG

10 hours ago, uffbros said:

That memory test program didn't work. It says at the bottom of the program that could not allocate 4095MB. It doesn't run. I can't figure out how to run 4 copies on my 4 cores like it talks about.

Try to close all programs that you can. After one copy of the program is running you can start other to test other memory regions...

C.G.B. Spender

You might test to your heart content, but in the end it's gonna be the HW. "The pc runs fine" means squat, honestly.

To illustrate: I had 2 brand new WD green ssds from different sellers/batches, showed as 100% healthy and they now work as system drive for 2 windows pcs without an issue for over a year. BUT, when I tried to use them as a boot drive and a datastore in my ESXi server and/or as a boot drive for my FreeNAS box there were countless errors and failed boots.

Turns out the drives are just of shitty quality (as expected from WD, but they were gifts). Just because Windows is more tolerant to the rate of the read/write error corrections happening on the drive doesn't mean they're usable for critical tasks like server storage or backups. Windows might read different data 3 times out of ten, and it's the error correction logic on the drive's chipset that "convinces" it that what it read the 7 times is correct and to "forget" about the errors - that's why they show up as 100% healthy, and for a layman use they are. But anything with low level access to the drive will refuse the drive.

The wd drives work fine in workstations, but for the servers I've gotten time proven Seagate drives - been using Seagate for over 20 years now and only ever had 1 drive dead on arrival and 1 drive fail and I use a lot of drives.

You may disagree, but this is my experience and my opinion - I'm just sharing it, not looking for validation or discussion.

sfc scannow will not find all the corruption in windows....i recommend you do a repair install. and every backup/restore program i use (test) will fail to do a backup if any corruption is found on SSD-HHD and some other issues. also make sure you have NO programs that LOCK any part of

Acronis can do this, Intuit Data can do this, bitlocker can do this.  folder lock can also do.

Well that machine does have Turbo Tax on it..Isn't that a product of Intuit? I have Turbo Tax on my rig and I have no problem making an image??????

• 3 weeks later...

I just installed the latest version....4228 on that machine..Guess what? It now completes making an image without any errors??????

Archived