[Solved] ExpressVpn and windows 7 x64 connection

vitorio

I have ExpressVpn installed in my Windows 7 x64 PC, latest update available. Also is installed in my Ipad and Andriod phone and tested in a Windows 10 PC without problems.

My question since, in my Windows 7 x64, usually I have problems to connect to ExpressVpn.

What have been working until know is to boot the PC and then it connects without problems.

I supposed there is an installed software that may cause it. Until know I have not identified it. But why I need to booted the PC?

Just now added ExpressVpn to the exceptions softwares to the Windows 7 x64 firewall and later in the date see what happened.

If anyone had a similar issue and found a solution, please let me know. Thanks.

• Replies 4
  • Views 958
  • Created
  • Last Reply
man.with.a.plan

I'm also having a similar issue. I had ExpressVPN installed working fine. I thought of giving a try to OkayFreedom VPN(the one on SharewareOnSale) but now I'm experiencing a similar problem and now OkayFreedom isn't working now and so I unistalled ExpressVPN but still no luck.

But no problem with ExpressVPN alone.

@vitorio and @man.with.a.plan...I also have Express VPN installed in my Win 7 (x64) since July last year ( I won a 1 year license here on Nsane ) and it works fine. I don't use it every day but any time I have used it there have been no problems. I change from one country to another and it has always worked flawlessly. I can only guess that one of your other programs is causing a conflict...but it's just a guess.  Just for interest I'm attaching a list of the programs I have installed on my machine.

Programs list.txt

On 3/28/2019 at 2:04 PM, funkyy said:

I can only guess that one of your other programs is causing a conflict...but it's just a guess.  Just for interest I'm attaching a list of the programs I have installed on my machine.

Programs list.txt 3.52 kB · 15 downloads

[Solved] @funkyy, You nailed it. After a long search and testing for the issue, found out that the software that prevents ExpressVPN from running was "Hitmampro.alert".

The other suspects like Norton, Adguard and HitManPro are  not causing any issues with ExpressVPN until now.

Took me time but finally found a solution to the issue.

Archived