KB4489899

csmdew

Already installed, has to do with the stack installer or something like that right. But ran it again to just make sure and it is installed.

You're probably getting frustrated like me with this by now. I've spent 10+ days trying to get it to update.

• Replies 40
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Try these solutions:

1. Make sure you have Good Stable Internet connection To Download the Update files from Microsoft Server.
  2. Open windows services (Press Windows + R, type services.msc and ok), Check Windows update service and its related services (BITS, Superfetch) are on running state.
  3. Completely uninstall the antivirus program or any other security program from your system.
  4. Make sure your Regional and language settings are correct. You Can Check And Correct them From Settings -> Time & Language -> Select Region & Language from options on left. Here Verify your Country/Region is correct from the drop-down list.
  5. Sometimes corrupted Windows system files also cause different errors and make PC unstable. We recommend open Command prompt as administrator and run sfc /scannow command. That scan and restore missing corrupted system files, Afer complete 100% scanning process restart windows now check for updates.

No 3 ---> Just disable the AV, don't uninstall it.

Done each of those steps at least 4 times before I even asked for help here plus running troubleshooter.  Sfc say good and dism scanhealth says good.  I really just don't know what it is and I know it's not download speed problem. Don't find superfetch in svc though, maybe different name.

I have ESD file still on pc from upgrade in Jan, could I run the set.exe and do a repair install from that, thanks.  Never did try the clean restart to do the update, maybe try that, right.

I'm not a fan of upgrades at all, I always prefer clean installation.

Windows installation + PWI of necessary apps doesn't take more than 2 hrs with a good network connection.

Hi,

2 hours ago, csmdew said:

Untitled4.png

Try this:

- Open the Command Prompt as Administrator

- change to the folder on the image with cd /d %userprofile%\Downloads\W10UI

- type or Copy & Paste the command: dism   /Online  /Add-Package  /PackagePath:Windows10.0-KB4489899-x64_PSFX.cab

47 minutes ago, MrZeb said:

Try this:

- Open the Command Prompt as Administrator

- change to the folder on the image with cd /d %userprofile%\Downloads\W10UI

- type or Copy & Paste the command: dism   /Online  /Add-Package  /PackagePath:Windows10.0-KB4489899-x64_PSFX.cab

W10UI.cmd is originally based on dism.exe ---> it's just a ready-made command script (i.e it's the same)

Being the same method, so don't expect a different result.

No I stopped messing with it; the annoying notice in updates that says, it failed to install and will try again, will just stay there until os is replaced.  Many Thanks.

On 3/22/2019 at 10:01 PM, DR_ADHAM said:

Try to do it manually:

1. Make sure your WU is not disabled

2. Download KB4489899:
    x86 ---> http://download.windowsupdate.com/d/msdownload/update/software/secu/2019/03/windows10.0-kb4489899-x86_21bf6c51e434f414a754b952894395bcddb9211f.msu

x64 ---> http://download.windowsupdate.com/c/msdownload/update/software/secu/2019/03/windows10.0-kb4489899-x64_c155ece4afbee219e7dfb83df67a7f2baf7c0d1d.msu

3. Download  Win10 Update Installer Script [Credits to: abbodi1406 - MDL]
    I attached the file to my post (download & extract)

4. This script will install the update but it must be a .cab file (not .msu file)
    You can convert the msu package to cab very easily with WinTool Kit
    However, instead of downloading any extra tools ---> You can do it with WinRAR

The msu package already contains the cab file, just open it with WinRAR & extract the cab file

* Right-click the msu file you downloaded and select "Open with"
      Reveal hidden contents

lxR2QCh.png

* Select "More apps"

Reveal hidden contents

546hnR3.png

* Then "Look for another app on this PC"

Reveal hidden contents

h0M2fdj.png

* Select "WinRAR" and click "Open"

Reveal hidden contents

PXkk0xr.png

* Now, it's the 1st file which is 153 MB in size which you have to extract
    Select it, then click "Extract To"

Reveal hidden contents

TFFTZjw.png

5. After extracting the .cab file, put it together with the script in the same folder (This's a mandatory step; otherwise the script cannot detect it)
    Then, run the script as administrator

Reveal hidden contents

MHUUL9l.png

6. Press (0) to start

Reveal hidden contents

Ek2bLO8.png

7. The script detected the .cab file successfully

Reveal hidden contents

8hY9qum.png

8. Installing it .....

Reveal hidden contents

VoayXX7.png

9. Installed successfully

Reveal hidden contents

v9ksumk.png

10. Finished ---> You must reboot your system to complete the installation

Reveal hidden contents

9DGL2pJ.png

11. Before restart

Reveal hidden contents

43FKRpi.png

12. After restart

Reveal hidden contents

8gcS2Xr.png

W10UI.rar 7.14 kB · 21 downloads

with 7zip you can reduce steps:

1) right-click the msu file you downloaded and select "Open" - extract file you need next to the script

2) run the script

sorry - i want to thank you but it says i can't now

10 hours ago, DR_ADHAM said:

Could you install this update 1st [latest servicing stack update (SSU)]:

http://download.windowsupdate.com/d/msdownload/update/software/secu/2018/11/windows10.0-kb4470788-x64_76f112f2b02b1716cdc0cab6c40f73764759cb0d.msu

Then retry with the one we're talking about.

Great suggestion! I completely forgot about that he would need the latest SSU to install new CUs.

Maybe I was dependent on Windows for doing that job automatically before attempting to install latest CUs. Too bad sometimes it doesn't work that way.

15 hours ago, DR_ADHAM said:

W10UI.cmd is originally based on dism.exe ---> it's just a ready-made command script (i.e it's the same)

Being the same method, so don't expect a different result.

Yes and the script also works using the .MSU files if named in certain format, no need to extract the .cab files, by the way tools like 7-Zip, Winrar, etc. doesn't extract correctly the update files created by Microsoft...

I'm not sure if the script processed the cab file because this is a new cab format PSFX used on Windows 10 v1809...

1 minute ago, MrZeb said:

Yes and the script also works using the .MSU files if named in certain format, no need to extract the .cab files, by the way tools like 7-Zip, Winrar, etc. doesn't extract correctly the update files created by Microsoft...

I'm not sure if the script processed the cab file because this is a new cab format PSFX used on Windows 10 v1809...

The tutorial I made is a personal one, not copied, I used the same file, the same method, I just renamed the file to shorten its name and of course this has no relation to the format.

Could you tell me how the script works with .msu files ?

6 hours ago, DR_ADHAM said:

The tutorial I made is a personal one, not copied, I used the same file, the same method, I just renamed the file to shorten its name and of course this has no relation to the format.

Could you tell me how the script works with .msu files ?

The script look for files named *Windows10*%arch%*.msu and extract the *.cab inside using the Microsoft tool expand.exe

• 3 weeks later...

Microsoft has updated their 1809 ESD/ISO installation media on March 28 that includes the KB4489899 update.

just download the 1809 iso again from the win10 downloads page (aka 1809 V2) and create a portable usb install media

Archived