Free business email help (Solved)

ashish1989

Hello nsaners, hope you all are doing ok..

Guys I have recently launched a startup and started from my home and is low on funds right now.

I want to create a free business email id like [email protected] just to look more professional and trustworthy.

Can anybody please tell me is there any free alternative of G suite.

I do not want spend right now more, but if my business grows, I will definitely go for the paid alternative then.

Guys need your advice and help to get a free business email id.

I have gone through zoho mail but they are giving only 5 GB for each mail box.

Help guys.............

Gone through the below but didn't understand well

https://wphive.com/tutorials/configure-free-business-email-with-wordpress-free-g-suite-free-alternative-2019/

• Replies 26
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For business email, at least you have you're own registered domain "mydomain.com". All the process mentioned in the link is after that. 

In simple words, you can divert your email after changing in DNS and MX record.  But first,  you should have your registered domain like "mydomain.com".

36 minutes ago, child said:

For business email, at least you have you're own registered domain "mydomain.com". All the process mentioned in the link is after that. 

In simple words, you can divert your email after changing in DNS and MX record.  But first,  you should have your registered domain like "mydomain.com".

But how to do that I am not understanding that

Did you buy the domain name? If no, buy it first. 

If you did, just create a business account at zoho and you'll get all the instruction on how to setup your mail accounts. I know, you did check them out and felt that 5GB isn't enough, but trust me 5GB is a lot when it comes to email. You won't fall short of storage space for multiple years. Zoho is the only free alternative to g suit.

**Don't buy the domain from zoho. Buy it from somewhere else.

.com, .net and some others like that are quite costly. But there are other which are comparatively cheap.

But whatever domain name you use try to make it simple.

18 hours ago, ashish1989 said:

But how to do that I am not understanding that

OK, make it simple.

I will make the tutorial next week (if you want) but every domain provider has its own procedure.

If you want I will make the tutorial as describe in your link

secondly (The easy process):

If Zoho gives you business mail/domain for free than you should use following option to overcome the storage problem for mail.

Gmail: 15GB

Outlook/hotmail: Virtually Unlimited (5GB in start, Increase as required)

Yahoo: 1TB

For Storage: Yahoo is the best choice,

For Android: Gmail is the best choice,

For Windows: Outlook/hotmail is the best choice

1. Create an email account in Yahoo/gmail like [email protected]/[email protected] or [email protected]/[email protected]
  2. Use mail forward option in your business email, so when ever a mail arrived in your business account it will transfer to Yahoo/gmail.
  3. Use any email client like outlook, Thunderbird, postbox etc and received all your mails from your business/Yahoo/gmail accounts but send only through your business mail (SMTP).

I hope it will help you.

Note:

For business account, I always prefer to register domain separately, but there are lot of web hosting services which provide free domain registration if you buy the web hosting plan with them. 

6 hours ago, child said:

Use any email client like outlook, Thunderbird, postbox etc and received all your mails from your business/Yahoo/gmail accounts but send only through your business mail (SMTP).

But how would he keep track of the sent emails via his mobile/tablet? Of course he can create an alias on outlook and use that outlook account for both incoming and outgoing mails. But doing so might make his emails look like spoofed mails.

Most importantly, he might hire someone else or multiple people in the near future. And as a startup/company, he'll need to keep a record of all the incoming and outgoing emails, which is impossible, if he uses the mail forwarding technique. 

And the next issue is with email aliases. He might need to use multiple email addresses to communicate to different people. If he uses zoho, he can create unlimited email aliases under his own email account within seconds. Whereas, if he uses the email forward technique, he'll be able to receive emails on his aliases but won't be able to send emails via them. 

There are so many other things that like email groups, calendar, org contacts, etc.

Zoho is free and the control it gives you is amazing. 

Spoiler

WjgPIiW.png

• Administrator

You might be surprised how many companies, big and small, I have seen using Gmail addresses here.

For business mail always register the domain and use professional mail services .... 

What I gave is only a work around for the OP.....

18 hours ago, Myna said:

But how would he keep track of the sent emails via his mobile/tablet? 

using IMAP (not POP) in email clients, always sync the mails no matter how many devices your are using. I set my director's email account on his two iPhone, one Android, Two laptops, one iPad, One MAC Air, Two PCs (in different cities because he is frequent flyer around the world) all devices are sync perfectly. When he sent mail from laptop in UK, I can see it his all Pakistan's Systems.

18 hours ago, Myna said:

Of course he can create an alias on outlook and use that outlook account for both incoming and outgoing mails. But doing so might make his emails look like spoofed mails.

No need for any alias. Outlook/Hotmail/Gmail/yahoo accounts only for mail receiving/storage mails. mail always sent from business email via his SMTP.

18 hours ago, Myna said:

Most importantly, he might hire someone else or multiple people in the near future. And as a startup/company, he'll need to keep a record of all the incoming and outgoing emails, which is impossible, if he uses the mail forwarding technique. 

And the next issue is with email aliases. He might need to use multiple email addresses to communicate to different people. 

Everything is possible but I always recommends to do your business in professional ways.  

Register your domain and use professional mail services. What I gave is only a work around for the OP.

18 hours ago, Myna said:

If he uses zoho, he can create unlimited email aliases under his own email account within seconds. Whereas, if he uses the email forward technique, he'll be able to receive emails on his aliases but won't be able to send emails via them. 

There are so many other things that like email groups, calendar, org contacts, etc.

Zoho is free and the control it gives you is amazing. 

I never used Zoho so I don't comments on this but If they give you professional services then it could be try if OP wants.

7 hours ago, DKT27 said:

You might be surprised how many companies, big and small, I have seen using Gmail addresses here.

Yes, your are right. The main reason is, they are free and professional in their field. I have checked many web hosting provider they does not provides the proper solution for emails, even they are more expensive than others.

so guys what is the solution now, should I purchase domain now

and is there any way to use it with gmail

I am ready to invest but small only, kindly help plz

6 hours ago, ashish1989 said:

Definitely. 

6 hours ago, ashish1989 said:

Of course you can. I can help you with that. But @child seems to have a better solution than the one that I know of. So I guess he'll be the guy you'd want to contact if you need any help with setting up the gmail account. If you want to set up a zoho free business account then I'll help you out.

Regardless of the solution you prefer, you'll have to buy a domain. 

7 hours ago, ashish1989 said:

I am ready to invest but small only, kindly help plz

you should register the domain including the web/mail hosting. either go free domain with web hosting or buy from different vendors.

only register the domain will not solve your problem.

and if Zoho give you free business account, I also recommend to go with them.

1 hour ago, Myna said:

Regardless of the solution you prefer, you'll have to buy a domain. 

👍

4 hours ago, Myna said:

Definitely. 

Of course you can. I can help you with that.

I am getting 2 years domain from godaddy at 1000 rs which is ok for me, but wanted to know is there any other cheap alternative to buy.

Also for zoho mail free business account, is domain required or not.

3 hours ago, child said:

you should register the domain including the web/mail hosting. either go free domain with web hosting or buy from different vendors.

only register the domain will not solve your problem.

and if Zoho give you free business account, I also recommend to go with them.

But sir will the free domain provider will provide .com domain or not, I dont think so, kindly tell.

Also kindly provide the free domain alternative with web hosting option so that I can use the website as well as the gmail.

Guys kindly give your valuable advice.

3 hours ago, Kalju said:

There is no such solution for business email in above link

50 minutes ago, ashish1989 said:

I am getting 2 years domain from godaddy at 1000 rs which is ok for me, but wanted to know is there any other cheap alternative to buy.

Seems like a fair deal. Take it. If you don't want to buy the domain for 2 years, you can head to bigrock.in and buy the domain at the same price of Rs.399 for 1 year. 

Use this promo link: https://www.bigrock.in/dod#/netcom-domain-deals

If you buy the domain from bigrock, you'll get 2 free email accounts for free. Though the email storage is very limited (I think 50-100mb), it's there. 

58 minutes ago, ashish1989 said:

Also for zoho mail free business account, is domain required or not.

Domain is required. They won't provide you a free domain. 

1 hour ago, ashish1989 said:

But sir will the free domain provider will provide .com domain or not, I dont think so, kindly tell.

What he meant to say was that, if you buy certain hosting plans, the provider will give you a domain for free. I don't think you're planning on buying any hosting plan as of right now. Are you?

Also kindly provide the free domain alternative with web hosting option so that I can use the website as well as the gmail.

If you're not planning on buying a hosting plan as of yet, you can host your website on Google Blogger using your custom domain, for free. Use it as a temporary solution until you buy a hosting plan.

There is no such solution for business email in above link

If you want a proper business email solution for free, zoho is the best option you have. But as I said earlier, you'll have to buy the domain. Zoho won't provide you a free .com domain. No one will. 

1 hour ago, Myna said:

Seems like a fair deal. Take it. If you don't want to buy the domain for 2 years, you can head to bigrock.in and buy the domain at the same price of Rs.399 for 1 year. 

Use this promo link: https://www.bigrock.in/dod#/netcom-domain-deals

If you buy the domain from bigrock, you'll get 2 free email accounts for free. Though the email storage is very limited (I think 50-100mb), it's there. 

Thank you for this detailed explanation sir, one more question now as you are saying bigrock domain is giving only 50-100mb space only.

So should I go for godaddy, will it provide more storage space so I can use it with gmail easily and my work will not get interrupted because of space.

I need storage space because my maximum mails will have quotations and catalogues so I need to have storage as maximum as possible.

Looking forward to your reply.

bigrock domain is giving only 50-100mb space only.

Bigrock will give you two email accounts for free. Storage space for both the account is 100MB each. You can have unlimited email aliases per account and you can create and delete those accounts as many times as you want.

If I remember correctly, godaddy will not give you any free email accounts. You've to buy them separately.

I need storage space because my maximum mails will have quotations and catalogues so I need to have storage as maximum as possible.

If you really think 5GB of storage space isn't enough to get you going, head over to Yandex Mail and create an account over there. They'll give you unlimited space for each of your mail accounts, for free. But to be honest, I don't like their interface nor do I have any experience of using them.

https://connect.yandex.com/pdd/#!organizations

Spoiler

LgRtD6V.jpg

Here are your options: 

1. If you want a feature packed business email service for free, go with zoho mail.
  2. If you want unlimited storage, go with Yandex Mail.
  3. If you want to use gmail but don't want to pay for g suite, forward your mails from your custom domain to your gmail mailbox. This setup can have some unwanted side effects. So, take the help of someone who knows about it.

• Administrator

Last time I checked, one required not only a domain but also a server, but then again some domain providers might be offering such services.

I still suggest you to start a with a Gmail address and then as you grow, move towards getting yourself a domain and then you can forward all your emails from Gmail to your personal domain email address and such.

On 3/21/2019 at 4:02 AM, Myna said:

Bigrock will give you two email accounts for free. Storage space for both the account is 100MB each. You can have unlimited email aliases per account and you can create and delete those accounts as many times as you want.

If I remember correctly, godaddy will not give you any free email accounts. You've to buy them separately.

Sorry for this late reply, I was busy in holi celebrations.

So should I buy domain from godaddy or bigrock, which will be beneficial and why?

And I want to use gmail sir but you are saying there are unwanted side effects, what are them?

If gmail method is not beneficial I will then use yandex mail.

@ashish1989

I did some digging and found out that you shouldn't have any problem using gmail if you set it up properly, as mentioned previously by child.

Follow the steps from here - https://support.google.com/mail/answer/22370?hl=en
Here's how you'll be able to share your calender with your co workers - https://support.google.com/calendar/answer/37082?hl=en

I don't seems to remember the cpannel of godaddy properly, but I'm almost certain that they don't give free email accounts with the domains. And to use your gmail account as mentioned above, you'll have to have an email account. You might be able to create email forward accounts with godaddy but your emails might show up as spoofed emails.

Better go with bigrock.

On 3/21/2019 at 8:58 AM, DKT27 said:

some domain providers might be offering such services

Yep. Bigrock does give their customers 2 free custom domain email accounts to start with. 

3 hours ago, Myna said:

@ashish1989

I did some digging and found out that you shouldn't have any problem using gmail if you set it up properly, as mentioned previously by child.

Better go with bigrock.

Yep. Bigrock does give their customers 2 free custom domain email accounts to start with. 

Also wanted to know how can we use it in gmail when their email account space is only 100mb.

@childand @Myna I have purchased the domain now from bigrock.in for 1 year.

I also have successfully made a mail in yandex mail through my domain

Kindly give your valuable suggestions, what to do now?

Archived