Windows 10 - 1809 update

I Am Negan

Is this update safe to install now? When it first was released it was known to delete your personal folders like  Your documents folder or pictures folder Etc.. Anybody know if this was fixed? Can I update it now?

• Replies 25
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everything is fixed for a long already. Do not instal any more no any kind of obsolete updates manually. 
Also they are not needed no more, they have already included into installation process.

You can only install or include these things what are specific for Your system. For example some drivers.

6 minutes ago, I Am Negan said:

Is this update safe to install now? When it first was released it was known to delete your personal folders like  Your documents folder or pictures folder Etc.. Anybody know if this was fixed? Can I update it now?

Hi brother I have just downloaded and installed windows 10 1809 Iso updated feb 2019 from here there was four updates after install

kb4480056, kb4486553, kb4489899, kb4489907 no issues for me hope this helps good luck.

The AchieVer
2 hours ago, I Am Negan said:

Is this update safe to install now? 

Go ahead and take the plunge, the turbulence has settled now.........

Regards

oh ! those bugs were fixed like in the Re-released version in November-2018 ..

its perfectly safe to use this build.

thanks and regards

kantry123

Oh that’s good to hear, I thought so. Just wanted to get your guys opinion.

1 hour ago, I Am Negan said:

Oh that’s good to hear, I thought so. Just wanted to get your guys opinion.

Always is better to know, if to think, to believe or hear someone's opinions.

Never ask for someone's opinion, but ask what someone knows.

Where ends the human sense and understanding, begins believe and opinion.

Only politicians need an opinion because politics does not tolerate knowledge.

I've been using this release since last October without issues. The problems with the initial release were fixed months ago, and the release is now deemed by Microsoft to be safe for corporate customers so I'd say you're good to go.

On 3/16/2019 at 2:31 AM, I Am Negan said:

Is this update safe to install now?

Without any doubt, much has changed since then.

It is even faster than 1803 and better. I was also skeptic, but since 2 months as my standard OS, all is flawless one can say.

Hey Guys!! I have been trying to install these updates since last 3 days but it fails each time.. Can anyone please suggest me what's wrong.. It says Downloading.... and when the download is complete, i see installing, it hangs around the same for sometime, and than I see it restarts downloading agan from beginning.. Is something wrong with my system or there is a problem with the update..

I didn't get any error message, the system keeps downloading the update over and over again, but fails to install the same....  I just see the message failed to install update 1809... I will try to post a screenshot of the same

I have installed this 3 times, the last being about 2 weeks ago. It causes me problems. First thing I notice is the calculator won't run. If I keep using it other things stop working, files take longer to open. Apps crash. I have to roll back.

It may be that a clean install would work but I can't face rebuilding everything and reinstalling all my programs again!!

On 3/20/2019 at 10:21 AM, Chancer said:

It may be that a clean install would work but I can't face rebuilding everything and reinstalling all my programs again!!

Life is a bitch, Windows being another one :D. My system started as 1607 Professional and was upgraded to LTSB 2016 due to the annoying update faciliators when a build goes EOL. This was an In-Place upgrade keeping all my programs and most settings. Shortly after LTSC 2019 release the system was upgraded to it. Still runs very smooth.

I downloaded/clean installed the OEM version of 1809 today because I had installed the version from the Microsoft website back in November and was getting a pesky, sporadic BSOD every 3-4 weeks with the one this week being while I was watching TV and not even on the PC. I thought maybe it could be a driver issue but windows update hasn't shown any updates for drivers since it originally installed them so I downloaded the system restore disk from Dell. I had done this back in November when I got the PC and before clean installing the Microsoft version and it was 1803 updated in July but I decided to download it again and see if they updated the downloads and this one was updated in February and had 17763.316 right away and installed no bloat except the Dell Update app which I wanted anyway.

it appears the 1809 version seems to quietly break/kill support for very old hardware such as Intel Celeron Ms/Pentium Ms and anything below the integrated Intel 945 graphics chipset (aka Intel 910gm/915gm)

this person in the Ten forums tried to install or upgrade to 1809 and the upgrade failed at SAFE_OS phase (OP there was using a very old laptop with an Intel Pentium M "Dothan" CPU and Intel 915gm graphics chipset).  the 1809 version (and 1803 version) would not even boot up and was reverted back to an older version like 1709

I guess the 1809 release (and later) needs at least Intel 945 chipset and a dual-core CPU [aka. Intel Core 2 Duo, AMD Athlon 64 X2, etc.]

the 1809 x86 version totally froze/hung on the boot splash screen when attempting to install 1809 cleanly onto a blank hard drive on an old Dell laptop which had an Intel Core Duo T2700 processor [a Yonah version].  it was until I upgraded the CPU to an Intel Core 2 Duo T7600 cpu (a Merom version) that the 1809 version installed and worked okay.  for some odd reason 1809 does not seem to work with Intel Yonah processors.

Just installed it a few days ago via Windows Update. At first the update file was Feature Update for Windows 10 version 1809. It was a very painful update: long, continuous loop of download and install process without success at all, and got stuck at restarting screen, had to hard power-off the device. Then checked the update manually got the 1809 update, but this time with "March 2019" at the end of the file name, updated it successfully for three hours, no problem so far.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/27/2019 at 8:50 AM, Encryption said:

Just installed it a few days ago via Windows Update. At first the update file was Feature Update for Windows 10 version 1809. It was a very painful update: long, continuous loop of download and install process without success at all, and got stuck at restarting screen, had to hard power-off the device. Then checked the update manually got the 1809 update, but this time with "March 2019" at the end of the file name, updated it successfully for three hours, no problem so far.

Microsoft had re-released the 1809 feature update again on TH March 28 with updated ISO and ESD image files that contain build 17763.379 (KB4489899) and made it available in the SAC (formerly CBB channel) on 3/28.  the newest 1809 ISOs are available on the win10 download page

8 hours ago, erp-ster0 said:

Microsoft had re-released the 1809 feature update again on TH March 28 with updated ISO and ESD image files that contain build 17763.379 (KB4489899) and made it available in the SAC (formerly CBB channel) on 3/28.  the newest 1809 ISOs are available on the win10 download page

Dear Microsoft,

Please kindly test every update that you are about to release properly.

On 4/5/2019 at 11:58 AM, Encryption said:

Dear Microsoft,

Please kindly test every update that you are about to release properly.

perhaps you should tell them that in their Microsoft community forums site rather than here (sign up with an MS account and post there)

MS will be releasing 1903 to the public late next month, so for those who have not upgraded to 1809, skip that version and go straight to 1903 when that one comes out.

and I wonder why these blogs and articles about how MS handled 1809 were written:

https://news.softpedia.com/news/three-things-microsoft-learned-from-the-windows-10-version-1809-fiasco-525579.shtml

https://www.computerworld.com/article/3387978/microsoft-throws-in-the-towel-on-windows-10-1809.html

https://www.askwoody.com/2019/theres-a-reason-why-your-win10-1803-machine-hasnt-been-pushed-onto-1809/

for MS to rush the 1809 release back in early Oct 2018 w/out going to the RP ring first (and not paying attention to insider user feedback) caused the "fiasco" (or unmitigated disaster) as one pundit called it

On 4/12/2019 at 12:14 AM, erp-ster0 said:

perhaps you should tell them that in their Microsoft community forums site rather than here (sign up with an MS account and post there)

Good idea!

On 4/12/2019 at 12:14 AM, erp-ster0 said:

MS will be releasing 1903 to the public late next month, so for those who have not upgraded to 1809, skip that version and go straight to 1903 when that one comes out.

Here's an article about 1903.

I went back to 1803 from 1809 after having trouble with wifi for almost 2 weeks. The horror of having connection but random disconnection every few seconds is not something great. Now on 1803 everything works nice and well. Looking forward to 1903 at this point. I want to jump over to that one instead of going to 1809 any time. I do miss some of the features like dark explorer, clipboard and improved snip tool any how. Well. few more weeks for 1903 i suppose. 

Archived