Jump to content
HFSniper

You can only upload a total of 0Mb

Recommended Posts

HFSniper

contact us for asisstance

any idea to fix the problem  was not before

THX

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kalju
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, HFSniper said:

contact us for asisstance

any idea to fix the problem  was not before

THX

Do you mean that you can't add an attachment or something else? I'll try attachment.

Or You see insted of 0.5MB 0MB?

What You see, if go to https://www.nsaneforums.com/attachments/

Drag files here to attach, or choose files... 
Accepted file types zip, rar, 7z, jpg, png, gif, doc, docx, log, pdf, txt, gifv · Max total size 0.5MB 

 

Suurbritannia_peaminister_Theresa_May.jpg

Edited by Kalju

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HFSniper

Hi Bro ...Kalju and sefton22..

following
I make small jpg images with winsnap
I was able to add this here a few days ago with no problems what is under 20Kb
so far so good
Well for 2 days I want small jpg images these under 20Kb are what previously went so yes
all at once only the error message comes
have not changed anything on the PC or settings
Never change a running system
my motto

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
straycat19

You are limited to the amount of space your images can take and when you reach that limit you have to go in and delete some in order to post new ones.  Which means your images that you delete will never show up in your original posts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Matt
6 hours ago, HFSniper said:

contact us for asisstance

any idea to fix the problem  was not before

THX

 

You've to go to My Attachments and delete the files/pictures that you uploaded. Each member only allowed to have 2 Mb to upload on the server, and it's different sizes for the rest of other groups we have . You will have to store the pictures you are trying to upload somewhere else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Togijak

@HFSniper

 

Why you use this small space here for images? You can use a image hoster like imgur.com and add as many pictures you think needed by using BB Code like this

DKxbCUC.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DKT27

In addition to Imgur, this is a good host too. Has some uptime problems, but overall good I think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Togijak

@HFSniper

 

and if you use F&I Uploader you get from imgur.com the ready to use BB code like you can see here

 

pkhJzNd.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rootbot
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, DKT27 said:

In addition to Imgur, this is a good host too. Has some uptime problems, but overall good I think.

cutehamster.gif - torrentz.eu hamster

cutehamster.gif - user attachment

 

@BB code - I put in the url=https postimages.org img https i.postimg.cc/mgXtvTn7/ cutehamster.gif

I just noticed that link goes to postimages.org only, not the pic

Edited by rootbot
img preview 8:17 PM 3/15/2019

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kalju

IPS 4.x doesn't have, doesn't uses, etc any BBCode. If You put them like above was recommended, then the BBCode elements will be taken as letters and numbers, image URL will be detected automatically and replaced with html image tag.   So, not needed add anykind of BBCodes any more. They are useless, obsolete, relict and IPS 4.x doesn't know of such archaic things nothing. 

 

...if you like it, here is the code

Spoiler
<div>
<style type="text/css">
body, html, div {overflow-x: hidden !important;}
div#animated{position:relative;width:100px;height:100px;border-radius: 50%;-webkit-border-radius:50%; -webkit-animation:mymove 30s infinite;animation:mymove 30s infinite;-webkit-animation-timing-function:linear;animation-timing-function:linear;background: #FFCC00;}
@-webkit-keyframes mymove{from{left:-100px;}
to{left:1000px;}}
@keyframes mymove{from{left:-100px;}
to{left:1000px;}}
</style>
	<p>
		<strong>Note:</strong> The animation-timing-function property is not supported in Internet Explorer 9 and earlier versions.
	</p>

	<div id="animated">
		<p style="font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; text-align: center;position: relative; top: 29%">
			Hello,<br>
			I&#39;m not image!
		</p>
	</div>
</div>

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TrojanK
Posted (edited)

I'm seeing scrollbars on this page!

 

Edit:

On 3/16/2019 at 12:31 PM, Kalju said:

image URL will be detected automatically and replaced with html image tag.   So, not needed add anykind of BBCodes any more. They are useless, obsolete, relict and IPS 4.x doesn't know of such archaic things nothing.

When I was on a slower net connection, I didn't know that image links to posts (at nsane) got automatically embedded here at nsane..(I thought it was a "ViP Member" feature 😅)

BBCode could be useful in such situations.

 

Test:

Spoiler

l8WVMmU.png

 

Edited by TrojanK
😅

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DKT27
On 3/16/2019 at 12:31 PM, Kalju said:

IPS 4.x doesn't have, doesn't uses, etc any BBCode. If You put them like above was recommended, then the BBCode elements will be taken as letters and numbers, image URL will be detected automatically and replaced with html image tag.   So, not needed add anykind of BBCodes any more. They are useless, obsolete, relict and IPS 4.x doesn't know of such archaic things nothing.

 

Last time I checked, they brought back the basic support for them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kalju

There is only support, ie if somebody want to add some BBCode, then it is possible, but by default is no BBCode installed or definite.
If somebody don't know, what exactly means or is BBCode, then it is simple code replacement function.
Example BBCode
user writes

[img({url})]


replacement

<img class="some class" id="some id" src="{url}" alt="something" title="image title" />


Simply to say {url} is simple variable and everithihg else will be replaced with correct html.

So, such a replacement support exist but there is no bbcodes installes or definired.

 

But it is a bit complicated, because this CKEditor doesn't support bbcode, only full html. So if sombody really want go about  one century back, must remove current CKEditor and replace it for example with something similar, what is used on xenForo or on old ips 3.x.x

Edited by Kalju

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DKT27
17 minutes ago, Kalju said:

There is only support, ie if somebody want to add some BBCode, then it is possible, but by default is no BBCode installed or definite.
If somebody don't know, what exactly means or is BBCode, then it is simple code replacement function

 

There is a reason members need to use BBCode though. HTML is not allowed for common members here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kalju
22 minutes ago, DKT27 said:

 

There is a reason members need to use BBCode though. HTML is not allowed for common members here.

This is everywhere so or this case in same way, and that's why the CKEditor does all automatically, It allows users to post everything as simple as possible can at all do, simply post text and everything else is done "behind scene", ie the image's url will replaced with the corresponding html code, video url with video code, etc.
In fact, it is basically the same as bbcode, but it is still much easier, because there is no need to write any code at all. Everything only needs to be written in plain text and all substitution is done automatically.
Making things even easier for the user is probably almost impossible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DKT27
On 3/19/2019 at 10:47 AM, Kalju said:

This is everywhere so or this case in same way, and that's why the CKEditor does all automatically, It allows users to post everything as simple as possible can at all do, simply post text and everything else is done "behind scene", ie the image's url will replaced with the corresponding html code, video url with video code, etc.
In fact, it is basically the same as bbcode, but it is still much easier, because there is no need to write any code at all. Everything only needs to be written in plain text and all substitution is done automatically.
Making things even easier for the user is probably almost impossible.

 

Fullly agreed. But some exceptions can always be made. Also, sometimes buttons do not always give manoeuvrability as much as the codes do I think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...