How to know if the software is safe?

boiturotot

So i've been trying to activate different kinds of MS Office(2016/2019) but unfortunately all of the key/method provided just wouldn't work. I don't like using autokms so I tried searching outside for keys but instead found a site claiming to have preactivated MS Office 2019. My question is, is there a way know or check if the software is safe? I'm thinking that maybe the author might insert some spy program via script or registry entries.

• Replies 9
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Reefa I did, I've read to all 300 pages but couldn't find any working keys for 2019/2016, even the ones posted at the very first page wouldn't work via online or phone activation.

26 minutes ago, boiturotot said:

@Reefa I did, I've read to all 300 pages but couldn't find any working keys for 2019/2016, even the ones posted at the very first page wouldn't work via online or phone activation.

You should talk to the Active guys who keep that thread going not via PM though ..

@jollydan  @DR_ADHAM @The AchieVer

1 hour ago, boiturotot said:

My question is, is there a way know or check if the software is safe? I'm thinking that maybe the author might insert some spy program via script or registry entries.

Do you know that this is at least a million dollars worth question? Good answers isn't never cheaper.
But what is safe, that is what nobody knows. Even, if You give couple miljons, still don't know.

The AchieVer

but instead found a site claiming to have preactivated MS Office 2019. 

Coz it’s cracked/patched office application.

My question is, is there a way know or check if the software is safe? I'm thinking that maybe the author might insert some spy program via script or registry entries.

The software itself is safe, however the activation/patch method used by the author of the mentioned site is unknown .

So, nobody would be in any position to answer that.

Having said that, you could post your request as suggested by @Reefa for activation, after going through the rules and surely you will receive assistance.

Regards

I have actually found over the years that the best way is to install it in a VM and then run your AV software on it.  Some of the Windows and Office releases have files that look like official Microsoft files, particularly executables, but are in fact malware.  First started running into those with the release of XP when there would be files like lsass.exe but there would be a 0 in front, 0lsass.exe, and it would be running in the background.  A good AV scan (I used multiple scanners) would detect it.  I tested a number of Windows and Office releases last summer/fall and found a few that were intentionally loaded with malware.  The quickest way to test them is to extract the files from an ISO and run a scan on the extracted files before you run the installer.  There is no guarantee.

OP,

"In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes."

Benjamin Franklin

if you want to be paranoid about it?

"Trust no one"

Mulder (X-files)

Hi @boiturotot

First of all welcome to Nsane Forums, I hope you enjoy your time here.

Regarding your question about safety, you cannot guarantee a download from an unknown source !!

FYI, it's not just a site sharing preactivated Office 2019. Yes, you found a site but there're dozens of other sites sharing also the same copy.

This activation is a KMS one for 180 days and it's legal though (mostly no spyware, malware or ransomware, it's clean per se unless the uploader implanted any harmful material in any file of the upload contents).

Returning to your pretention that you've read all the 300 pages of the Office Thread but couldn't find any working keys for 2019/2016 ---> That's not true:-

• As regards Office versions older than 2019 including Office 2016, retail keys are shared almost daily (even some members are sharing more than 100 valid keys in one post) and also many MAK keys which are still valid for phone activation were shared.
  • Regarding Office 2019 and due to a well-known reason, its retail keys are shared privately, however there're certain rules and requirements that determine who is eligible and who is not (you can consider that a part of our commitment towards our forums trying to encourage members to be more productive).
    Spoiler

IBxw72A.png

As you can see, you're NOT eligible for such support, however this's not all !!

We still spare all new members the chance to convert Office 2019 from retail to volume and activate with a VL MAK key that we're sharing publicly.

You can find all details about such a conversion and keys available in the following post:

Office Professional Plus 2019 - VL

@DR_ADHAM Sorry I didn't read the rules, I understand thank you for the reply.

@straycat19 Thanks I might try that.

@The AchieVer Alright thanks.

Archived