Stream Movies/Videos While Downloading Them & Stream Any Torrent.

man.with.a.plan

man.with.a.plan

Hello, I had been searching for a solution to this problem for a long time. I thought I should share my findings.

REQUIREMENTS

• IDM(others may work)
  • VLC

PROCEDURE

• Firstly, to watch any video file, find it's Torrent.
  • Copy the magnet link.
  • Use Seedr.cc and paste the link and download the torrent to your Seedr dashboard.

Software settings:

Open IDM and navigate to Download > Options. Now click on the "Connection" tab. Under the max connections number select "Default max conn. number" to "1".  Its very important because by default IDM use 8 connection to download files from the server. It means IDM download your files on 8 part and when download finished IDM combine the 8 part. But it's important to download it over 1 connection to play video while downloading.

IDM_connection.jpg

Windows setting:

IDM keep the downloading files hidden until it completes. To view hidden files and folder you need to turn on the setting.  First, open the control panel and then navigate to "Appearance and Personalization". Open "Files Explorer Options" and click on "view" tab. Now under advanced settings find "Hidden files and folders" and click on "Show hidden files, folders and drives".

show_hidden_files_windows.jpg

Play the video:

First, download the file from Seedr.cc by clicking on the Download option.

To locate the video file first open IDM then navigate to Download > Options > Save To. Now Under "Temporary Directory" you will see the full path of the download location.  Just copy it to your clipboard.

IDM_temporary_download_location.jpg

Now open the "Command Prompt" and type "start <IDM LOCATION>" (without quote) and hit enter. It will open the temporary download file location in windows explorer. Now navigate to DwnlData > User > Download file name and open the video file with VLC media player.

open_file_command_prompt.jpg

ENJOY!

• Replies 5
  • Views 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems like too much unnecessary work. If a person has a fast enough connection to stream while it's still downloading, it just seems so much easier to simply wait the 10 minutes or whatever to just wait for it to finish.

man.with.a.plan
1 hour ago, spudboy said:

Seems like too much unnecessary work. If a person has a fast enough connection to stream while it's still downloading, it just seems so much easier to simply wait the 10 minutes or whatever to just wait for it to finish.

Yeah.. But not everybody has blazing fast internet to download a movie in 10 minutes...

14 minutes ago, sefton22 said:

i use utorrent web, its designed to allow you watch videos whilst they download

You can watch the latest ones(movies) there but for the older ones you wouldn't get the leechers..

Seedr.cc is fast to get the torrent..

Also this method supports all Direct links..

34 minutes ago, man.with.a.plan said:

Yeah.. But not everybody has blazing fast internet to download a movie in 10 minutes...

10 minutes was just a placeholder for whatever amount of time it would take. The point was that if your service is fast enough to stream while still downloading, it's fast enough that it's probably just easier to wait for it to finish than go through these steps. Or as was already mentioned, use one of several torrent clients that has a stream feature.

dipsetbrett

I can download movies usually under 4 minutes from a Direct Download site via IDM, works great and I've never had issues with ISP. This seems like a lot of extra steps.. All I need to do is click the Download button, choose a download provider & wallah. Also I have a UpToBox premium account that allows me to download at 600mbps. 

Archived